-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They are super useful on trails. Saw a bone stock white hardtop for sale here the other day. Straight and clean, no salt here. Overall, I need more room and want to be able to sleep in the back so I went with a Toyota truck for my build but they'd have their place. Used to be a company in Oregon that sold like new really clean units for about $5K, back when they were just a few years old and more plentiful. .

LOL
GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by MadMooner
The blue one is a proper buggy! Though the hound looks a bit embarrassed by it.

I was his owner. He pretty much lived his whole life embarrassed.

That blue one was locked up front and rear. It was quite ridiculous/dangerous to play around.

The daily driver had a locker in the rear diff. Would go ANYWHERE. Great little rig.

Mine has CJ springs in the rear and rear springs moved up front, Tracker Power steering, disc brakes, Toyota Corolla carb, Tracker starter and alternator, 4.16 t-case gears with a cradle, a mini spool in the rear and a few other things. It's very capable off-road and has good manners on the pavement.

When I die I hope I don't start voting democrat.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
My nephew drove my 3rd one on our hunting property. He came walking in all muddy and wet. He said it was stuck and he couldn't get out of the mud. Stupid educated AZZ. Didn't know you had to lock the front hubs. My last one I sold to my brother. He raised it a little and big tires. I need to see if I still have photos. We painted Teddy Roosevelt on the tailgate. It sure as 'ell a rough rider. We used to buy them for $750-$800 back then. Probably in the 2000 time frame. We have one left on our hunting property and we really like it.
I wouldn't drive any of them on the highway over 10-15 miles though.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Flave, I had a 1987 hardtop... that thing would go anywhere! I first saw them in Nepal in 1984. I'd never seen anything quite like it, and at the time they weren't available in the USA. When they showed up in the states some years later I just had to have one. Amazing little vehicles...

Pulled this off the net, this is the exact one I had, color and all:

[Linked Image]

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
This is old Teddy!

[Linked Image]

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by butchlambert1
This is old Teddy!

[Linked Image]

Bully!!

When I die I hope I don't start voting democrat.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
My third nephew had three of them, two for parts and one he'd dropped a 4.3 V-6 into. It kept him busy and out of trouble, I guess. I do know we used one of the "parts" Sammis to drag out a deer and had no issues with it. I think he's upgraded to Jeep Cherokees now, but he sure had some fun with the little Samurais.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There is a turbo diesel Samurai in this vid....of course the CJ6 is where it is at!!!!!

Barret Lake

Last edited by sactoller; 12/15/18.

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I tried to buy one once. Lady around the block from me had one that had a blown motor.
We made a deal for $400, but being late on a friday evening I couldn't get cash out of the bank. I gave her a check and said I'd be back the next day with cash and a trailer to haul it home.
When I showed up she handed me the check back and told me she sold it to somebody else.
Dam I was pissed. And then I saw it sit in her driveway for another year or so until I moved away and didn't go by it anymore.

"243/85TSX It's as if the HAMMER OF THOR were wielded by CHUCK NORRIS himself, and a roundhouse kick thrown in for good measure."
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The Outfitter I Moose hunted with in BC had a fleet of Trackers and Samurais. All were bone stock with all season tires. We took that little Suzuki places I would of been scared to take a 4 wheeler. Never had a issue I was impressed to say the least. They can drive thru a substantial amount of beaver damned water as well. A quartered bull moose and 2 adult males really slow them down though.

I've always been different with one foot over the line.....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have an 87 hardtop. It is a 4wheeler with a heater. Come on by with $4k and I'll drive it up on your trailer. No rust, 2" rancho spring lift.

The anti American Constitutional party (Democrat). Wants to dismantle your rights, limiting every aspect of your constitutional rights. Death by 1000 cuts is the tactic. Each cut bleeds constitutional rights to control you. Control is the goal.
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by TheKid
One of the 4x4 mags had an article a couple months ago about Zuks turbo kit. They dynoed one before and after, it went from 37 horsepower stock to 75 with the turbo.
I’ve always kinda wanted one to bomb around in, remember when my cousin bought one brand new when she started college. I might have to find one to cool with.

The turbo's are a game changer I think.

Bigger engines make them unbalanced though. The thing about a Samurai is they are perfectly balanced. They just float over schit.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 358Norma_fan
One of my hunting mentors had one. He built a lift kit for it and installed lockers.
That little thing would go absolutely anywhere.
One evening while elk hunting, we dropped 2 spike elk up in a clearcut. We loaded the 2 elk whole on the rear hitch carrier, put 4 of us inside and then drove to camp. The looks we got on the way were priceless.

When you're boss, you're boss.

People tend to notice.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Bearcat74
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by MadMooner
The blue one is a proper buggy! Though the hound looks a bit embarrassed by it.

I was his owner. He pretty much lived his whole life embarrassed.

That blue one was locked up front and rear. It was quite ridiculous/dangerous to play around.

The daily driver had a locker in the rear diff. Would go ANYWHERE. Great little rig.

Mine has CJ springs in the rear and rear springs moved up front, Tracker Power steering, disc brakes, Toyota Corolla carb, Tracker starter and alternator, 4.16 t-case gears with a cradle, a mini spool in the rear and a few other things. It's very capable off-road and has good manners on the pavement.

That sounds about perfect.

Where do you live/wheel at?

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by baltz526
I have an 87 hardtop. It is a 4wheeler with a heater. Come on by with $4k and I'll drive it up on your trailer. No rust, 2" rancho spring lift.

Awwww, schit.

That's a nice Samurai for sure.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 7mmMato
The Outfitter I Moose hunted with in BC had a fleet of Trackers and Samurais. All were bone stock with all season tires. We took that little Suzuki places I would of been scared to take a 4 wheeler. Never had a issue I was impressed to say the least. They can drive thru a substantial amount of beaver damned water as well. A quartered bull moose and 2 adult males really slow them down though.

LMAO.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 358Norma_fan
I tried to buy one once. Lady around the block from me had one that had a blown motor.
We made a deal for $400, but being late on a friday evening I couldn't get cash out of the bank. I gave her a check and said I'd be back the next day with cash and a trailer to haul it home.
When I showed up she handed me the check back and told me she sold it to somebody else.
Dam I was pissed. And then I saw it sit in her driveway for another year or so until I moved away and didn't go by it anymore.

They always fugk you through the drive thru.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Bearcat74
Originally Posted by butchlambert1
This is old Teddy!

[Linked Image]

Bully!!

TFF

Gotta say I never pictured butch as a Sammy guy. But when you're sharp, you're sharp so it really shouldn't come as a surprise.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Brad
Flave, I had a 1987 hardtop... that thing would go anywhere! I first saw them in Nepal in 1984. I'd never seen anything quite like it, and at the time they weren't available in the USA. When they showed up in the states some years later I just had to have one. Amazing little vehicles...

Pulled this off the net, this is the exact one I had, color and all:

[Linked Image]

That boss as fugk. It's funny how prevalent great 4x4's are in schit hole (foreign) countries but not imported here. They say the 1988 lawsuit is the reason Suzuki pulled the plug on North America and I'd bet that's mostly true.

They're still made today. Just not imported here.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

99 members (Akhutr, 10gaugemag, 7mm_Loco, AdventureBound, 20 invisible), 14,632 guests, and 1,168 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,228
Posts18,543,984
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.