Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by battue
Treadmill: Easy 30 minutes
iSatori: Hard 45 minutes
Rower: Easy 20 minutes

What’s the iSatori. Google only produced supplements.

Just saw this:

A varied bunch of workouts that target the large muscle groups. For some reason it clicks with me.

https://www.isatori.com/articles/maximum-muscle-growth-in-minimum-time/

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks!

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I’m still a runt, so they haven’t called me for any endorsements. 😀

However, lowT is something the Doc doesn’t have to talk with me about. 👌🏻

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by mtwarden
few pics from the snowshoe trip

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

What tent are you running? Nemo?

20mins on the stairmaster at level 10 (6100ft altitude), 10mins of sprint intervals, and resistance training.

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 12/16/18.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
it's a Black Diamond Firstlight- strictly a winter tent (doesn't handle a lot of rain), but about as light as a four season tent as you're going to find- 3 lbs all in

definitely can handle high winds and snow loads

it's a two person tent, but really a one person in practical terms

also an optional vestibule available (which I should have brought!)

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by smokepole
It's amusing to watch a guy you describe as a retard get so far under your skin that you have to follow him around.

Range day for me, hope to also get to the gym for lower body this evening.

You a JeffO fan?

I'm pretty sure the selfie thread can endure some kghunt punts from from Kenneth and others.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Unloaded a yard of sand from my truck, moved by wheelbarrow, went and got another, ditto, then headed to the coast. We didn't do a long hike (weather was truly vile), probably 2.5 miles. Waves were incredible- all of the 25 feet or whatever was predicted. Awesome. I took pics but it doesn't really translate.... but here's one that at least sorta does since there's that wee little figure in it for scale.

[Linked Image]

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
What, no surf casting?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by deflave
JeffO still got people believing his bullschit?

Never not funny.

Almost as funny as you posting on a workout thread.

IC B3

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well until 2 days ago I didn't know laying diamond plate as a boat floor was considered excercise. Most of us call it work.. anyhow I did one sit-up today when I sat up in my bed, I did upper body for 5 minutes cleaning the snow off my wife's truck..

Last edited by 79S; 12/17/18.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
jeffy posting in the Comey thread again,,,,, Dude should really seek professional help, it's not worth stroking out over it.

This post today is my finger exercises. 10x10

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Regular Monday workout.

Warmup - Elliptical

Circuit 1 (3 rounds, no rest between rounds):
Hang Snatches
DB Bench
DB Row
Reverse Hyper
1 min forward/1 min backwards on elliptical

Circuit 2 (3 rounds, no rest between rounds)
DB Incline
Lats Pulldown
Reverse Hyper
1 min forward/1 min backwards on elliptical

15 min on elliptical

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Kenneth
jeffy posting in the Comey thread again,,,,, Dude should really seek professional help, it's not worth stroking out over it.

But it is worth following him around?

Seriously, people still read that thread?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Let it go Phil. Jeff is the public whipping boy and unless he changes nothing else will change. He brings it on himself, but to his credit he doesn’t back down.

Most certainly there are others here, who voted different than us, but they don’t have the balls to admit it. Jeff does. Perhaps in the future he may see his error. Being a hunter and shooter he is halfway there, but let’s abuse him and see if it will help him get the message.

I could beat a Dog to make him hunt how I want. The results can vary. He submits and we get along. He submits, but never gets along with me. Or he hates my guts and thinks it would be a great idea to rip my throat out when I’m sleeping. He could just quit.

People aren’t all that much different than Dogs. Some work with you, some need extra quidence, some need reasonable correction and some never get it. Beating on them usually doesn’t make for a good team.

Then there are those who enjoy the beating.

Last edited by battue; 12/17/18.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
What, no surf casting?

Man, I'll tell you what... it was indeed a "perchy" beach (as opposed to rocky cliffs) where we tried to get the hike in before aborting... that was some intimidating bleep to even be that close to. The ocean itself felt predatory, like it was gonna reach and take ya... Combined with the wind literally driving the water through our supposedly waterproof outer layers (rubberized would've been the way to go) it got untenable fast. I was trying to imagine what the various fishes I've targeted- such as surf perch- would be doing in those conditions. For some it's probably a great thing as it certainly wreaked havoc of the kelp and one would presume it was a Very Bad Day for the various sand worms and burrowing sand crabs (both of which the perch eat)... but wow, that was some crazy water out there. Quite the spectacle. After, at Depoe (rocky cliffs) we got drenched by spray while on the sidewalk next to highway 101! In other words it was hitting CARS... the highway must be 60 feet above the sea. Crazy.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 79S
Well until 2 days ago I didn't know laying diamond plate as a boat floor was considered excercise. Most of us call it work.. anyhow I did one sit-up today when I sat up in my bed, I did upper body for 5 minutes cleaning the snow off my wife's truck..

It was far beyond "laying" diamond plate and it was in sum not just a workout but a fairly brutal one for the muscle groups I logged. I'll submit you are clueless about the realities of replacing a boat floor, and, just as importantly, the mods I made to the stringer system. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yesterday was a light day but my biceps and hip flexors are feeling it today. Again, I'll submit that it's been a loooong time, if ever, since the critics have moved 2 cubic yards of sand with a shovel and wheelbarrow over uneven ground. That's not a workout for some body parts? HA! Laffin'. They make fun, but they are empty windbags as far as basing their critique on experience.

Actually, though, it brings up a broader philosophical point.

For coming around on 30 years I've combined my personal DIY compulsions with the fact that I own a good sized rural property into a fundamentally healthy physical lifestyle where the act of getting significant exercise is just a part of daily life. THAT'S the point I'm often trying to make here. When I replaced the roof on my shop recently- which is when I took all that ply up a ladder solo- I accomplished multiple things. I saved about $6k, which is another way of saying I chose to pay myself $6k for the job; I insured the work was done to a high quality standard, because that's how I roll; and finally, to my point here, I got a spectacular amount of all-body exercise over a period of WEEKS. It goes on and on. This is not a new thing; this is my LIFE. And it WORKS. Anyone who meets me sees someone who seems, mentally and physically, like a much younger person. I move well on my feet. My balance is good. I'm cheerful to a fault because I feel good. My core hasn't atrophied away like so many people my age. As I said above, I fear no trail, which is not to say I think I can "out race" people up the mountain, because that's not my thing, but if there's a trail to be hiked, a "mission" as it were, I've completed it. Every single time. I started in with "death marches" when I was single-digits old in the NM deserts. We had enormous freedom as kids. We covered HUGE ground. And as one ages, that mentality of "git 'er done", if applied to daily life, and if that daily life presents the kinds of challenges and opportunities for exercise that mine does, the payoff is cumulative and HUGE.

I'm not in any way saying you can't do this at a gym. I read with some awe the gym workouts guys post here. I hold in very high regard guys who do that, and specifically, what some of the principle posters on this thread do, is amazing. Very cool. But the whole reason to BE on an exercise thread to to inspire each other and hold ourselves accountable. This summer, when I was literally buried in work in my shop for months, I came here and owned the fact that I WASN'T getting excercise. That's holding oneself accountable. But, going backwards here, there are OTHER ways to live a physical life than going to a gym. I think most here have college degrees; I have a couple. That has led most towards a certain type of life. I was lucky to stumble into a whole other way of accomplishing much the same thing, physically, as say someone who has a white-collar type job and then hits the gym. And it's been great. And I am sharing that success story here in much the same way say Mike is sharing his amazing story- which is a transformation into a true badass at an age most (sane, haha) guys are winding down into couchbound obesity! It's inspiring.

Haters gonna hate, and I could literally GAF about that. But even they know I'm speaking the truth here. They're too small to admit it, but they know. That's my "win". For everyone else, keep up the good works, and god DAMN if we are going down without a fight in this life! Right? Right! Use it or lose it. We ain't losing it, not like THAT anyway.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by deflave
JeffO still got people believing his bullschit?

Never not funny.

Almost as funny as you posting on a workout thread.

Yours are fugkin' hilarious. That's for GD sure.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Originally Posted by 79S

It was far beyond "laying" diamond plate and it was in sum not just a workout but a fairly brutal one for the muscle groups I logged. I'll submit you are clueless about the realities of replacing a boat floor, and, just as importantly, the mods I made to the stringer system. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yesterday was a light day but my biceps and hip flexors are feeling it today. Again, I'll submit that it's been a loooong time, if ever, since the critics have moved 2 cubic yards of sand with a shovel and wheelbarrow over uneven ground. That's not a workout for some body parts? HA! Laffin'. They make fun, but they are empty windbags as far as basing their critique on experience.

Actually, though, it brings up a broader philosophical point.

For coming around on 30 years I've combined my personal DIY compulsions with the fact that I own a good sized rural property into a fundamentally healthy physical lifestyle where the act of getting significant exercise is just a part of daily life. THAT'S the point I'm often trying to make here. When I replaced the roof on my shop recently- which is when I took all that ply up a ladder solo- I accomplished multiple things. I saved about $6k, which is another way of saying I chose to pay myself $6k for the job; I insured the work was done to a high quality standard, because that's how I roll; and finally, to my point here, I got a spectacular amount of all-body exercise over a period of WEEKS. It goes on and on. This is not a new thing; this is my LIFE. And it WORKS. Anyone who meets me sees someone who seems, mentally and physically, like a much younger person. I move well on my feet. My balance is good. I'm cheerful to a fault because I feel good. My core hasn't atrophied away like so many people my age. As I said above, I fear no trail, which is not to say I think I can "out race" people up the mountain, because that's not my thing, but if there's a trail to be hiked, a "mission" as it were, I've completed it. Every single time. I started in with "death marches" when I was single-digits old in the NM deserts. We had enormous freedom as kids. We covered HUGE ground. And as one ages, that mentality of "git 'er done", if applied to daily life, and if that daily life presents the kinds of challenges and opportunities for exercise that mine does, the payoff is cumulative and HUGE.

I'm not in any way saying you can't do this at a gym. I read with some awe the gym workouts guys post here. I hold in very high regard guys who do that, and specifically, what some of the principle posters on this thread do, is amazing. Very cool. But the whole reason to BE on an exercise thread to to inspire each other and hold ourselves accountable. This summer, when I was literally buried in work in my shop for months, I came here and owned the fact that I WASN'T getting excercise. That's holding oneself accountable. But, going backwards here, there are OTHER ways to live a physical life than going to a gym. I think most here have college degrees; I have a couple. That has led most towards a certain type of life. I was lucky to stumble into a whole other way of accomplishing much the same thing, physically, as say someone who has a white-collar type job and then hits the gym. And it's been great. And I am sharing that success story here in much the same way say Mike is sharing his amazing story- which is a transformation into a true badass at an age most (sane, haha) guys are winding down into couchbound obesity! It's inspiring.

Haters gonna hate, and I could literally GAF about that. But even they know I'm speaking the truth here. They're too small to admit it, but they know. That's my "win". For everyone else, keep up the good works, and god DAMN if we are going down without a fight in this life! Right? Right! Use it or lose it. We ain't losing it, not like THAT anyway.

LMAO

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Deflave again! Can't see it, but let me guess.... first-rate snark and at least some degree of outright LYING? Up on the crazy forum, Deflave is one of the LIARS promulgating the idea that I'm on disability. Oh, and that I have PTSD. Oh, and that I fell off a ladder. All blantant, knowingly, baldface lies.

Lie on, Deflave. To thine own self, be true.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Page 77 of 85 1 2 75 76 77 78 79 84 85

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 1lesfox, 12344mag, 1badf350, 70 invisible), 2,512 guests, and 1,336 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,514
Posts18,509,439
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.