Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Blew a hose on my track hoe. Took a bath in hydraulic oil. I tried Shout and Clorox2 on Carhartt vest. Still looks like a leopard? Any ideas on how to remove oil spots?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just soak em all real good in hydraulic oil and the spots will be gone.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Pour a can of Coke in the wash with it. Spent 20 years as a Abrams mechanic in the Army and it's the only way we could get our coveralls clean.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by The_Yetti
Pour a can of Coke in the wash with it. Spent 20 years as a Abrams mechanic in the Army and it's the only way we could get our coveralls clean.

Works on concrete release agent too.

Mauser Rescue Society
Founder, President, and Chairman

I don't always shoot Mausers, but when I do...I prefer VZ-24s.

jdi do píči
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Large bucket, degreaser like purple power, dawn, lesoil, plunger, hot water.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Simple green works well.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Scissors?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Or dry cleaning fluid, AKA brake cleaner

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by CowboyTim

Works on concrete release agent too.

I hadn’t heard this one before.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B3

N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
Hoppies😊

If it doesn’t get the stains out they’ll at least smell good😊

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Just pour coke on the oiled concrete?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
You have your work cut out, good luck.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
I had that same question for my pickup truck. I have a shiny new Nissan Frontier 4WD and am very fond of my truck.
I was driving up I 26 in Asheville NC at 10 pm, construction site, interstate down to 1 lane, speed 15 mph, a bunch of bright lights and guys in hard hats you know the drill.
And several big track hoes etc. One big track hoe was about 5 feet from the lane you drove on. Several guys working on that big yellow machine. At the instant that I drove past, a pipe blew, and my truck was covered in fluid! Covered the wind shield like it was a rain storm.
Looked like water.

I thought it was water, in 5 seconds I was past the construction site and doing 60 mph. I hit my wipers and squirter hard, took five minutes to clear the windshield. I knew it wasn't water it was hydraulic fluid. How weird, at the very second that I was next to the big machine the pipe blew and sprayed that fluid. Five seconds earlier I would have seen it and stopped. Five seconds later it would have hit the next guy. Weird.

Well, I thought "Damn" maybe the paint just got ruined. But, I figured it was just a light weight oil so I drove it up to the car wash. Spent a half hour, and fifteen bucks at the car wash but it all came off ok didn't hurt any thing.

Anyway good luck with your clothes.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

This works very well...

Public landowner...
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Just soak em all real good in hydraulic oil and the spots will be gone.

Like accidently burning the carpet with a cig in a rental car. $25 for each burn hole.

Made 5 holes one trip...so the guy decided to burn one larger hole and connect all 5 😄

Voilà !! $25

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I had that same question for my pickup truck. I have a shiny new Nissan Frontier 4WD and am very fond of my truck.
I was driving up I 26 in Asheville NC at 10 pm, construction site, interstate down to 1 lane, speed 15 mph, a bunch of bright lights and guys in hard hats you know the drill.
And several big track hoes etc. One big track hoe was about 5 feet from the lane you drove on. Several guys working on that big yellow machine. At the instant that I drove past, a pipe blew, and my truck was covered in fluid! Covered the wind shield like it was a rain storm.
Looked like water.

I thought it was water, in 5 seconds I was past the construction site and doing 60 mph. I hit my wipers and squirter hard, took five minutes to clear the windshield. I knew it wasn't water it was hydraulic fluid. How weird, at the very second that I was next to the big machine the pipe blew and sprayed that fluid. Five seconds earlier I would have seen it and stopped. Five seconds later it would have hit the next guy. Weird.

Well, I thought "Damn" maybe the paint just got ruined. But, I figured it was just a light weight oil so I drove it up to the car wash. Spent a half hour, and fifteen bucks at the car wash but it all came off ok didn't hurt any thing.

Anyway good luck with your clothes.

Could be worse. We had a tech driving through a construction zone, and a flatbed carrying a large earth moving piece of equipment, lost it's load. The vehicle hit the lane within about 5' of his work truck, In heavy construction traffic. He came very close to being permanently retired.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
When I get my carhart bibs filthy from working on stuff, I have a Rubbermaid tub I fill with water, mix with oxy clean powder and let them soak for a few days. You can’t imagine how clean the wind up.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Buy a new vest, it will be like a back brace for the first year.., make sure you get the black one...the oil stains won't show as much next time

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Goop is what we use on grease, oil and ink type stains

Take your kids and your grand kids huntin' and shootin'.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1234, 10ring1, 60 invisible), 2,315 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,265
Posts18,486,514
Members73,968
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.