Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I grew up in WI but have lived out west last 14 years. My neighbors and friends run cattle on their nearby ranches. I help out if have free time. Learned quite a bit just hanging out and working with ranchers. Have opportunities to hunt on ranches in WA, OR MT WY and MT.
Spending time with the ranchers and hiking and hunting on their property and surrounding public lands learn quickly that they are very good good stewards of conservation.

Seems to be a lot of hatred and resentment for ranchers and their lifestyle by urban dwelling dbags

Last edited by ribka; 12/12/18.
GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by pete53

A quick question. Does your family tree ever fork?? Your endless blather i s comical. I almost feel bad for you. As to your post. True there are many poor hunters driving around blazing away. Are you going to try and regulate that? How? Secondly, the shoulder season is about killing cow elk to reduce numbers that are too high. It is not hunting, as we see it, it is population reduction. Culling by another name. There is a distinct difference. There are two choices,have the public do it which I would prefer, or have govt hunters, or private contractors do it. Next, while ranchers don't own the state of montana, for which I am greatful, they do own a fair chunk of it. That is called private property rights, or which I am a strong proponent. You can't tell people how to run their private land. It is none of your business. There are no perfect solutions,and a magic wand can't be waved to fix every thing. For now fwp is trying to use the public as a solution. Time will tell if they are able to do the job.

lets get the beef cows out of the mountains for 25 years and then see if as many elk come down to feed on private property, are you or anyone else sure the elk population is to high ? maybe its the beef population is too high ? yes private property rights are important so is preserving the mountains ,have you ever been in the mountains a mile away from a road ? the land has been abused ,litter,old fences ,no grass left,trees all rub or dead from cows ,dirty muddy water,old beef mineral areas,lots of old cow manure all over and you think elk can survive the winter on what is left after too many cattle have been up there all summer long ? someday in the future this better and needs to change .

You never answered my earlier questions.

You just keep emoting like a hysteric woman.

Obviously have no knowledge of range management and no first-hand experience of how federal lands are managed nor of how leases work. You sound like a stupid leftist woman ranting and raving about how she knows the answer to the violence problem is the full-auto weapons in the hands of NRA members. You need to believe her and follow her lead, because she just knows. Kind of like you....

Montana MOFO
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by T_Inman
For a website full of conservatives who fancy state rights, there sure is a lot of selfishness going on.

Aside from using it as a management tool (which can be argued as to being "good" or "bad"), multiple use includes livestock grazing every bit as much as recreation, wildlife habitat and whatever else.

I am constantly amazed at how pro rights people are, until it doesn't benefit THEM or what they feel is important....then it's absolute bullshït.

WINNER, WINNER, CHICKEN DINNER!!!

Prezactly!

Montana MOFO
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Angus1895
Last time I heard it was about 18 cents a pair a day?

What is it now?

What does the federal government charge for wolf control above the 18 cents a day?

I totally agree about the queens.........awful!

The lease fee itself is only one small part of the cost equation.

I will not bore you with all the PITA aspects of running on public lands. But suffice to say, anyone with business sense would not want to operate their businesses under the same conditions these "welfare ranchers" do.

Montana MOFO
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by ribka

Seems to be a lot of hatred and resentment for ranchers and their lifestyle by urban dwelling dbags

There is just generally a lot of hatred. Goes both ways, as illustrated by your post. No one is exempt. Watch.

IC B2

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Many of these grazing leases go back 4-5 generations. Here in Colorado before when elk numbers tumbled to near zero the elk hunting was banned for many years. 25 elk were captured in Yellowstone and let loose in Colorado. Funny how even with the same grazing leases still around, elk have rebounded to 250,000 + in Colorado.Who would have thought?

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by SamOlson
[quote=Angus1895]

If grazing permits reflected true market value, and predator control was not tax payer subsidized, and if the Vikings would ever win a Super Bowl perhaps we could all b happy![/quot

Mike, the buffalo prairie dumbfucks said they were gonna take out all the man made stock dams.

By God turn it back to how it used to be, 100% natural...

Hopefully they thought about that idea a little longer.

Sam

Don’t bet on thinking longer helping. It’s a disease

True story - up here, just across the Medicine Line - when Grasslands National Park was established there were two dumbphuck employees that went about using dynamite to destroy every man made dam, spreader dam,water hole ,etc. for the same stupid idea......

Of course their employers ( government) thought it was a great idea ..

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
What a clusterphucqk.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by saddlesore
Many of these grazing leases go back 4-5 generations. Here in Colorado before when elk numbers tumbled to near zero the elk hunting was banned for many years. 25 elk were captured in Yellowstone and let loose in Colorado. Funny how even with the same grazing leases still around, elk have rebounded to 250,000 + in Colorado.Who would have thought?

yes and don`t forget every year Farmers and Ranchers got their government checks in the mail too for a lot of different things,does the working public ever get anything except more taxes ? I have never understood set aside land and the government will pay you for doing nothing ,well us regular working people want to set aside Fridays so other people can have a job too ,will the government send us a check too ? bet not ! but that rancher who gets our tax money for his share from the government says no you can`t walk across my land to the public land no way,then says those elk are eating my rancher grass give me some cheap permits and myself ,family and friends will shoot a bunch for a freezers and sure glad my cows got fat off public again ,oh what a deal . and America just turns there heads thinks that's fine poor ranchers in their new 4x4 diesel truck ! REALLY ? and that's why Farmers ,ranchers and welfare vote for a democrat / liberal free stuff !

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Why is it these bitch session only take on MT?

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter

Hopefully it will help to slow the invasion coming into MT. I hear that ND is nice. smile

SAVE 200 ELK, KILL A WOLF

NRA Endowment Life Member

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
That would be nice. We have had enough people move here who don't like where they came from and then want to make it just like where they came from. Makes no sense to me.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by saddlesore

yes and don`t forget every year Farmers and Ranchers got their government checks in the mail too for a lot of different things,does the working public ever get anything except more taxes ? I have never understood set aside land and the government will pay you for doing nothing ,well us regular working people want to set aside Fridays so other people can have a job too ,will the government send us a check too ? bet not ! but that rancher who gets our tax money for his share from the government says no you can`t walk across my land to the public land no way,then says those elk are eating my rancher grass give me some cheap permits and myself ,family and friends will shoot a bunch for a freezers and sure glad my cows got fat off public again ,oh what a deal . and America just turns there heads thinks that's fine poor ranchers in their new 4x4 diesel truck ! REALLY ? and that's why Farmers ,ranchers and welfare vote for a democrat / liberal free stuff !

Did they let you out of the 3rd grade early today??

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by buffybr

Hopefully it will help to slow the invasion coming into MT. I hear that ND is nice. smile

OK, that does it, I'm moving up there. And I'm bringing pete53 with me...... grin

A wise man is frequently humbled.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by buffybr

OK, that does it, I'm moving up there. And I'm bringing pete53 with me...... grin

To ND. Enjoy

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Nope, Montaner. Where was it you said you like to hunt again?

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
[quote=saddlesore]? and that's why Farmers ,ranchers and welfare vote for a democrat / liberal free stuff !

You might have missed the note, but Trump won overwhelmingly in ranch and farm regions all over the country. They love free stuff AND Trump.

P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
so its ok public land access is denied in all western states and the elk get slaughtered by guides and ranchers on private land legally with low priced permits,because feed for elk in the mountains is gone by fall because of beef cows . go to the county courthouse and see who gets government checks for farming and ranching you will be surprised ,I will agree its better than sending tax money to other countries. but public land access being denied ,elk shoulder seasons is wrong and will hurt all hunters in the future. > there smokepole I included all western states !

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Judman
I love Montana...

And Newberg has ruined more than 1 hunt, wish more members would speak up.... hint

Dont worry, him and his gal buzz are working on fugging up Wyoming next....

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
so its ok public land access is denied in all western states and the elk get slaughtered by guides and ranchers on private land legally with low priced permits,because feed for elk in the mountains is gone by fall because of beef cows . go to the county courthouse and see who gets government checks for farming and ranching you will be surprised ,I will agree its better than sending tax money to other countries. but public land access being denied ,elk shoulder seasons is wrong and will hurt all hunters in the future. > there smokepole I included all western states !

Please, tell us all how public land access is being denied?

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (17CalFan, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 74 invisible), 2,322 guests, and 1,467 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,678
Posts18,493,850
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.