B
It's really come down in price: https://ammoseek.com/ammo/22lr

Alone in the Fortress of the Bears
70 Days Surviving Wilderness Alaska:
Foraging, Fishing, Hunting
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
True, but most of that is for Remington Thunderturds.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jnyork

I don't think I'd want that crap for free...

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Shotgun shells are competitive with Vizards

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When did people start purchasing 22 LR ammo by the round. Lets talk boxes, bricks, or cases.

1Minute
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We could give arithmetic a try. The guys at NASA say it works.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Buck_

Ordered 5000 rounds at Lucky Gunner, but on top of the listed price for it was a nearly $25.00 shipping and handling charge. Need to keep that in mind when figuring price per round.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by jnyork

I know. Not top notch stuff. I've got some now. Still will work fine in a lever action for messing around.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 1minute
When did people start purchasing 22 LR ammo by the round. Lets talk boxes, bricks, or cases.

1minute . . . I don't know if you looked at the web site, but you can choose to sort the ammo by single round cost, in order to figure out the cheapest way to buy it in bulk . . . by the box, by the brick, by the case, etc. Pretty simple way to shop, when compared to other sites.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Buck_

Ordered 5000 rounds at Lucky Gunner, but on top of the listed price for it was a nearly $25.00 shipping and handling charge. Need to keep that in mind when figuring price per round.

$180 shipped

5K rd case

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/agu...ted-lead-round-nose-1b222328-p-3436.aspx

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Picked up some Federal Automatch for $.024/rd about a month ago. For bulk ammo, this stuff shoots reliably in all my guns.

Yeah, .22lr has come down considerably. Probably pick up more 40 gr MiniMags when I spot a good price on them with free shipping.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 1minute

Although I was not around for it, I've heard stories about times where a kid could go into the store with a few pennies and the store owner would break a box. There was a store not too far from my farm where that happened, and a campfire member who remembers going there as a kid. The place was out of business when I first moved in-- looked like it had been that way for decades.

The problem is that they've screwed up the quantity enough that per round is the best way to compare. I understand what you're saying, but if one source is selling a 325 round tub and another is selling a 500 rnd brick, how are you going to know which is the better deal?

BTW: Although I've been watching this site for years, I've never made a purchase from it. The shipping charges on most of these vendors are astronomical. On the other hand, I can get a brick or two thrown in on a Grafs.com order and get the whole schmeer delivered for $7.50.

I made my first 22 lr puchase in a decade this summer-- been living off the inventory. I bought this stuff when it was still $.01 a round. I had stuff from 1982.

The good news is that when you figure in inflation, a 2-something cent/round purchase now is cheaper than penny/round pricing back then.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I heard the horror stories about the Thunderbolt stuff and just had to try it out. I had one brick of it that I'd bought some time in the past, so I took it to the range and played around with a couple different guns. My squirrel gun is nothing fancy-a Glenfield bolt action with a cheap 4x-40 scope on it. The stuff cycled just fine, but the groups were much more open than the CCI Stingers this gun likes. I pulled out a couple different .22 semi auto pistols-my old Hi Standard Sport King, and a newer Ruger. Every single magazine I ran through both guns had at least one miss fire. Of all the miss fires, only one had what I'd say was not a good hit on the rim. Learned my lesson, and to say the least, you guys are right-the Thunderturds just aren't worth the time or money.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by gophergunner
I heard the horror stories about the Thunderbolt stuff and just had to try it out. I had one brick of it that I'd bought some time in the past, so I took it to the range and played around with a couple different guns. My squirrel gun is nothing fancy-a Glenfield bolt action with a cheap 4x-40 scope on it. The stuff cycled just fine, but the groups were much more open than the CCI Stingers this gun likes. I pulled out a couple different .22 semi auto pistols-my old Hi Standard Sport King, and a newer Ruger. Every single magazine I ran through both guns had at least one miss fire. Of all the miss fires, only one had what I'd say was not a good hit on the rim. Learned my lesson, and to say the least, you guys are right-the Thunderturds just aren't worth the time or money.

Yeah, but during the next dry spell, I'll make my money back double.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by gophergunner

I can't run ONE mag of 22 thunderbolts through any of my 22 pistols without at least one hang up. Standard CCI or almost any other ammo but Remington is fine.

Even when I shoot it in the revolvers it's clearly dirtier than the rest.

Camp is where you make it.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
The cheaper the cheep chit gets is a prime opportunity to move up & shoot better stuff, even for plinking.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Over Thanksgiving I ordered 1600 Rounds of Federal 36 grain CCHP @ 2.18 cents per round delivered. It was even boxed (32 boxes of 50 each). Works great in my pistols.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The only thing that made Remington Thunderbolts suck was the brand new pos Ruger 10-22 that was shooting them.

I've had a gallon of milk last longer at my place than that fuggin 10-22.

Sold it to a guy to shoots housecats with it. Maybe it had a purpose afterall. 😄

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Still using stock purchased immediately after Obama statement about middle America hanging on to it's religion and guns. I've not found any Win Hollow Power Points since. Always stock up at the first mention of a threat. Not after it comes to be.

1Minute
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (1234, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 1lessdog, 160user, 1936M71, 46 invisible), 10,421 guests, and 1,190 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,348
Posts18,546,612
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.