Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by djs
One less war, one less Secretary of Defense, one less adult in the room. Mattis was willing to stand up to Trump and his tantrums and give him world-view advise on how to treat allies and ugly situations.

At least after 20 Jan of 17, it was one less moslem traitor in the Whitehouse.... Mattis needed to go, if you can't support the President, you resign. That simple..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
GB1

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
There are plenty of folks here that have vast geo/political and military experience, they should read Sec.
Def. Mattis's resignation letter then opine why he is wrong. Having the strongest military the world has ever known is is a power constantly misused by malinformed politicians.

Destroying the leadership of countries that present a threat is a mission worthy of our military, nation building is not but is effective in draining our resources. Punitive expeditions work best when the surviving leadership knows that they are as vulnerable as their predecessors should their actions cause our inevitable return.

Had Pres. Bush listened to his military both Afghanistan and Iraq would have been conducted as punitive expeditions and the troops withdrawn to a level that served the US not the conquered. Afghanistan is ungovernable but understands power. Iraq should have been left to the surviving Baathist generals and bureaucrats who would understand that if they acted in a manner contrary to US interests we would return.

Fair fights and restrictive R.O.E.s are political fantasies not part of the warrior lexicon.

For those who think it is relevant I am the son and grandson of combat vets and served 27 months in combat in RVN.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Its pretty simple really; either we engage in total war, vanquish our enemies take their lands and their resources (hint: The British Empire got it right), or we go home. We haven't fought a "total war since 1945...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Trump is bringing home the troops from Syria. The swamp is having a fit about it.

Good. This is one thing I agreed with the man about. Though he's handling it with typical incompetence.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ribka

It’s always the cowards and defense contractors who love protracted wars

Love sending other people’s children to die in your wars
Pathetic

Damn right. If we are not there to win, and win big, then get out.

IC B2

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (12344mag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 117LBS, 1234, 06hunter59, 58 invisible), 2,733 guests, and 1,220 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,795
Posts18,536,418
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.