Print Thread
Hop To
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I felt this was his goal from the day he started all this

----------------

David Hogg is leaving the Sunshine State and shipping off to Boston -- the Marjory Stoneman Douglas student's been accepted to Harvard.

David's mom shared the incredible news this week after her son finally allowed her to spread the word. As you can imagine, she's super proud and said she's excited for David's bright future!

The Stoneman Douglas grad -- who emerged as one of his school's leaders after the mass shooting in Parkland, FL -- says he plans to major in political science. It seems right up his alley ... you'll recall, David helped organize the March For Our Lives rally that attracted nearly 800,000 people pushing for sensible gun reform.

David should feel right at home on campus ... he's already spoken twice this year at Harvard, and some of his mother's relatives attended the prestigious institution.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings

KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Some state colleges in California are apparently not impressed by the Parkland high school shooting survivor who helped become a voice for a global gun control movement.

David Hogg, 17, has so far been rejected by four University of California campuses — UCLA, UCSD, UCSB and UC Irvine, he told TMZ.

According to the UC site, a minimum 3.4 GPA is required for non-California residents to get in. The Florida teen has a 4.2 GPA and an SAT score of 1270.

He’s been accepted to Cal State San Marcos and Cal Poly, and in his home state, Florida Atlantic University — but he’s not yet sure what he’ll do after graduating, he said.

“At this point, we’re already changing the world,” Hogg, a senior at Stoneman Douglas High School, told the outlet. “If colleges want to support us in that, great, if they don’t, it doesn’t matter, we’re still going to change the world.”

“There’s a lot of amazing people that don’t get into college,” he added.

Hogg says fellow student activist Ryan Deitsch also got rejected from the University of California system. Emma Gonzalez will be going to the liberal arts school New College of Florida.

For the time being, Hogg doesn’t know where he’ll end up after graduation.

“At this point, I’m probably going to take a gap year and I’m sure I’ll eventually find the right place for me,” he told Axios. “Right now I’m more focused on changing the world and the future of America.”

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
After Harvard graduation expect a political "career" in some liberal bastion. So he can change the world and America.

And how does one get a "4.2" GPA? We only went up to 4.0 for straight A's. Bonus points for participation?

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I wonder if it's a typo? Probably 3.2......

KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Valsdad
After Harvard graduation expect a political "career" in some liberal bastion. So he can change the world and America.

And how does one get a "4.2" GPA? We only went up to 4.0 for straight A's. Bonus points for participation?

Geno

Advanced Placement classes count above the 4.0 scale

Its possible to obtain a 5.x GPA on a 4.0 scale by loading up on Advanced Placement classes.

Having gone thru this recently, a white middle class male will not get into any prestigious school with *just* a 4.2 GPA. Its that competitive.

When I read he was rejected by UCLA and taking a gap year, my first guess was he's going to work his new found celebrity to get into Harvard or Yale.

Last edited by KFWA; 12/21/18.

IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (16gage, 160user, 16penny, 1lessdog, 10ring1, 007FJ, 48 invisible), 2,892 guests, and 1,267 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,493
Posts18,490,406
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.