Hop To
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Originally Posted by Taconic11
Buy low, sell high.

Exactly.

Just buy a stock, and then sell it when it goes up.

Amazing how people can't figure this out.

They have been told by all the experts to buy and hold...... wink

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I read not to long ago that Warren Buffet stated that one could do no wrong and probably would be wise to invest in the Vanguard Total Stock Market Fund. It seems that many think that they are Market Timers and Stock Pickers! Wow! Ralph Wanger," The Dean of Small Caps", stated in his book that no one can time the market. These guys were/are the best in there field.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by JMR40
Moved my money 1 year ago. Saw this coming and think this is just the beginning.

Nobody "lost" anything..

I lost a bunch in 2008. It took me until 2018 just to get even to where I was in 2008. Played it safer this time and I'm glad I did.

If it took you until this year to make back everything you lost in 2008, then you were doing it wrong. A normal S&P500 index fund would have gotten your money back years ago. The S&P ended 2007 at 1468. It ended 2008 at 903. It passed through 1468 in 2013 and never looked back. I'm sure Warren Buffet isn't bailing on the market and I'm not, either. I'm 59 and semi-retired but I still look at the long term. I have enough cash saved that with my part-time job and small pension, I don't have to touch my investments for a few years. Let it ride...
http://www.1stock1.com/1stock1_141.htm

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by irfubar
These stock market threads are always great entertainment, the campfire is full of investment guru's ... but my guess would be very few are even millionaires...........

A million really isn't that much money. It only allows you around $30K income a year.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
This is true. Talked to an Advisor a couple of years ago. He said that I was flying too high with all of the high risk small caps and I needed to get back down to earth. I said that these high risk small caps got me here. Not that I knew more than Him, But have since started navigating to the middle of the road.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by UPhiker
These stock market threads are always great entertainment, the campfire is full of investment guru's ... but my guess would be very few are even millionaires...........

A million really isn't that much money. It only allows you around $30K income a year.

It isn't that much money till you have to actually earn it and save it beyond day to day living expenses.

But you as a public service employee are a millionaire but you certainly didn't earn it....

Also if you can only achieve $30k a year of cash flow off a million in assets you aint doin it right....

Fugin liberals....

Kenneth Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Originally Posted by Taconic11
Buy low, sell high.

Exactly.

Just buy a stock, and then sell it when it goes up.

Amazing how people can't figure this out.

Safe to assume these 2 are millionaires,

'cuz it's that easy.........

Kenneth Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by UPhiker

Sure, if you have room in the coffin for you and a cool mill,

Great plan.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
My hearts pumping piss...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The ones that knew the Fed was going to raise the rate again.

These are deep staters. Did you catch the one azzhole saying Trump's not going to tell him what to do?

Pompous, self-important prick.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

Anyone who cant see the market is in a bubble is blind.... pay your money take your chances smile feed the ponzi...

Where is EdM and Calvin to tell us how it is done?

You are the dim bulb of the campfire, but at least you've been consistent with that for many years. You pissed and moaned all the way from 9k to 25k missing the money making opportunity of a lifetime. You should try doing a little bit more reading too, as I was one of the first on here to start telling people to get out as the party is over at 25k.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Well most of You buy high and sell low and don't stick. to bad Your problem not mine. Diversify so if You need money You can take it where it is right.

MOLON LABE
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Kenneth
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot

Nobody "lost" anything..

You are not very good at math, in fact you suck at it.

Reality is that you didn't lose other than paper. Next time cash out when the market is at it's peak. Let us all know when that is so we all can make a little scratch.

The math is that gains have been unprecedented in the last nine years. If you had your money in early, you're doing just fine even with a down 2018. Looking at the last 3 months is short sighted.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Calvin

Anyone who cant see the market is in a bubble is blind.... pay your money take your chances smile feed the ponzi...

You are the dim bulb of the campfire, but at least you've been consistent with that for many years. You pissed and moaned all the way from 9k to 25k missing the money making opportunity of a lifetime. You should try doing a little bit more reading too, as I was one of the first on here to start telling people to get out as the party is over at 25k.

Ha Ha, yep that's me.... smile during the time frame you mentioned I made enough money to retire.... at 51 . Without a dime in the stock market..... if that is your definition of a dim bulb , you may be looking in the mirror... wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Calvin

Wow Calvin, you are able to call the bottom of the market and the top? that is amazing....... most people with that skill would be fantastically wealthy.

Yet you guide fishermen...? shouldn't they be guiding you?

If I come to Alaska will you guide me?

Even a blind hog finds an acorn once in a while..... wink

Kenneth Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
3 pages before the personal attacks, Nice.

Thank God for the Holiday spirit.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Every time I start to second guess my long term investment strategy a correction in the market assures me to stay the course..

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Everything is on sale, start buying. Don’t really understand the whinning, if you didn’t sell it’s all on paper and you haven’t lost shares. Cripes, such drama.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Then comes real estate...correction predicted for 2020 or so they say.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Zero had 0% interest rates, the fed pucker at the Treasury Dept now keeps increasing the interest rates to slow down Trumps economy.

He should be fired!

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

104 members (10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 44automag, 99Ozarks, 673, 15 invisible), 1,630 guests, and 998 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,484
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.