-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
The mechanical contractors I used to work for had great parties in the 70’s, By the time it got dark there would be plumbers and pipe fitters fighting in the parking lot. There would be cars in the ditches all around the office. People fornicating in cars. A good time was had by all!!

GB1

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
From my experience cops are terrible at handling their booze in public.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I've been to big beer busts back when everybody was in their early to mid 20's where some drama occurred. But nobody thought much about it. We were all just kids and kids do what kids do.

I've never been to a party where adults got out of control to the extent mentioned in the OP.

The last big bash I went to was a wedding party a few months ago. It went on until late at night. There was an open bar and many young people as well as adults were in attendance. Quite a few people there had the big buzz on before things shut down for the evening, (me too) but everybody maintained their dignity,...even the young people.

In fact, everybody had a great time.

Any adult who hasn't developed the ability to drink without making a scene needs to leave it alone.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As a young man I'll admit it took a couple of showing my ass at the Xmas party moments to realize how to act.

The thing for me is where I live, I'm not paying $40 for an uber just to get schitfaced with people I work with....and I sure as hell ain't hanging out with them sober.

Last edited by KFWA; 12/22/18.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
One lady's husband, dude about 50ish years old, wouldn't shut up and kept talking about his farts, the size of his dick, how big her tits are, etc.,and was just making a complete ass of himself. Another guy was hitting on anyone and everyone and getting all grabby and was finally told he needed to leave.

Hell, this is just everyday norm in some offices. smile

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by widrahthaar
From my experience cops are terrible at handling their booze in public.

You noticed that too, huh.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Instant ass holes. Just add alcohol.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

I remember a company Christmas party I was at many years ago that got so out of hand that it had to be shut down early and of all people the plant manager was the one responsible.

Plant manager, a relatively young man himself, had too much to drink, tried to pick a fight with a younger hourly employee. The younger man, trying to avoid escalating the situation, turned around and started walking away. The plant manager all of a sudden attacked him from behind, pulled him down on the dance floor, and started flailing away with wild haymakers.

The plant manager's wife, real nice lady, already eight and a half months pregnant, was crying and begging someone to stop it. Feeling sorry for her, especially with her being so far along pregnant, I jerked her husband off the other guy, walked him outside and sat him down in his car, scolded him like a naughty kid, told him to stay there while I went to get his wife to drive them home. He promised he would but didn't, though.

The employee he jumped on had a older and bigger brother that worked there too who was also at the party and was very upset when he found out what happened. Apparently they came face to face right after the plant manager made in back inside the building.

The next time I saw the plant manager he was laid out inside a big commercial galvanized double sink. He was semi-unconscious butt down in one side side of the sink, one leg in the other, his other leg dangling outside, with a trickle of blood running from between his eyes down the middle of his face, mumbling something or other.

Next day back to work the plant manager had a band-aid over a pretty good size knot between his eyes . He darn near lost his job, too.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Sounds like the Campfire get together's I've heard about.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A place with employees and significant others like that probably has a bigger issue than a raucous Christmas party.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
IC B3

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I worked at an engineering firm that had a surveying dept. as well.

The company threw a lavish Christmas party with everyone invited. Free Bar.

Holy crap! That party was famous far and wide by the next day. laugh laugh

I can't even begin to describe the depravity. Fights. Puking. Kissing. Groping. Crying. Destruction. DWI arrests. Public Intoxication arrests... It was epic! grin

The following year, we got a Christmas Bonus addition in the amount they would have spent on the party...

Moral of the story is.. Don't invite surveyors to a party with free alcohol. blush

As a surveyor this is sound advice. Our yearly convention is one heck of a party. Most of us can hold our liquor but sometimes someone will get out of hand. We are a loud rowdy bunch.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Sounds like the Campfire get together's I've heard about.

Lol the one know one is allowed to talk about..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I thought Toby would be in there some place!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
. . .

I can't even begin to describe the depravity. Fights. Puking. Kissing. Groping. Crying. Destruction. DWI arrests. Public Intoxication arrests... It was epic! grin
. . .
Moral of the story is.. Don't invite surveyors to a party with free alcohol. blush

Damn, you had a busy night!😉

(Sorry, couldn't resist. It was too easy.)

Clinging to guns & religion since 1959

Keyboards make people braver than alcohol

Election Integrity is more important than Election Convenience

Washington Post: "Democracy Dies in Darkness"
More correct: "Killing Democracy Faster Than Darkness"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
lmao Bestest thread in awhilst.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by GunDoc7
. . .

. . .

Damn, you had a busy night!😉

(Sorry, couldn't resist. It was too easy.)

LOL.

It's not generally the survey management or RPLS's that are the issue.

The field crews can get interesting though. laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Anytime they're not paying for the drinks there are some who will drink to excess. Then there are the jokers who will spike their drinks to make sure they get really wasted.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was in supervision for most of my working days and was invited to the Christmas Party everyone of them. I went to one and swore that was the last one. They had a band that played so loud, you couldn't hear yourself think. The meal was terrible and the drunks were plenty.

Never again for an office party.

Several of us that worked at this place decided to all get together and take our spouses out to eat. 4 couples of us and we had our own Christmas Party. We did this for several years and always had a great time.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
GreatWaputi: Sorry the drunkards spoiled your evening. Sounds like you won't have to be putting up with that bunch anymore in your future Christmas's.
For 29 years I was the police in a large west coast city and we used to dread the two weeks before Christmas and through New Years due to the large numbers of "adults" who don't normally drink much and then comes the office parties and the after work "drinks" of the same occasional imbibers. In other words people who don't drink often and don't know how to "hold their liquor" or pace themselves!
Anyway the resulting disturbances, fights, car crashes, family fights and "passed out" people calls went up ten fold!
Again sorry for your unpleasant evening - its NOT rare!
If you think Christmas office parties get rowdy you should attend a "big city police departments" picnics!
The police usually get very little time off during the holidays and especially during the evenings around the holidays!
So they (we!) made up for it at our annual summer picnics.
Fist fights abound, non permissioned fully clothed throwings into the lake are RAMPANT/CONTINUOUS and I have seen threats to kill, nakedness, guns pulled and divorces started at 29 years worth of "police picnics".
Again folks not used to drinking very often and don't know their boundaries can cause real problems when the liquor flows freely.
I don't drink much at all (beers now and then) and I am a large person so I have only been "drunk" a time or two in my whole life - and I regretted those instances - not for any outrageous behavior but for the dreaded hangover.
The VarmintWife and I just last week hosted 43 (fourty three) teachers, counselors, school superintendants and principals and many of their spouses at our home for the VarmintWifes workmates "Christmas office party". And the party was indeed boisterous but never profane or obscene! One lady teacher had never seen a "bidet" before and embarrassed herself asking about what it was and then, how it worked!
I am sure she would not have ventured forth with that had she not "had a couple" beforehand!
Tis the season to be jolly, but NOT profane.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
A place with employees and significant others like that probably has a bigger issue than a raucous Christmas party.

A safe bet.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 204guy, 1234, 16gage, 06hunter59, 55 invisible), 2,301 guests, and 1,274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,400
Posts18,470,126
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.