Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
"She told key Democratic members of the Senate...". And..

I keep hearing the dhims screaming about how the SCOTUS is supposed to be non-partisan.

Lying phugks.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by local_dirt
"She told key Democratic members of the Senate...". And..

I keep hearing the dhims screaming about how the SCOTUS is supposed to be non-partisan.

Lying phugks.

Roberts screamed that the loudest.

Biggest traitor to the constitution in our time.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Good for Ruthie...I hope she enjoys her retirement even if it is only a few months long. Great chance to pull SCOTUS more right which will make the libs nuts.

living the good life every day
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I swear.

Some of you will believe anything.

That's one of the first things I noticed about this place.

Now, having said that, I do hope that Ginsburg retires while Trump is in office, and while the GOP has a majority in the Senate. I find it very hard for me to wish someone, anyone, who has cancer would hurry up and die. I felt that way about McCain. I have seen too many family members and friends who had cancer, die a slow death, and it is not something to cheer about. On the flip side, IF her cancer has come back, and at her age, she would be doing herself, her family, and the country, a favor by stepping down and living out her remaining time without the stress of serving on the SCOTUS.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by denton
Not to harsh anyone's mellow, but the docs report was that there was no other known cancer. She may or may not hang on to her job for quite a while.

I've lost far too many family members to cancer and wouldn't wish it on anyone. From what I've seen over too many rounds of it with family this does not look good for her. Cancer showing up in the lungs after having been treated for it in another part of the body years ago usually means it's metastasized. The standard protocol for declaring someone cancer free is five years but that's not always the case, sometimes it shows up again after more than five years. I don't believe we're hearing the whole story, this is not a minor thing.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
Not to harsh anyone's mellow, but the docs report was that there was no other known cancer. She may or may not hang on to her job for quite a while.

I've lost far too many family members to cancer and wouldn't wish it on anyone. From what I've seen over too many rounds of it with family this does not look good for her. Cancer showing up in the lungs after having been treated for it in another part of the body years ago usually means it's metastasized. The standard protocol for declaring someone cancer free is five years but that's not always the case, sometimes it shows up again after more than five years. I don't believe we're hearing the whole story, this is not a minor thing.

I tend to agree with you. The thing is, Ginsburg knows what will happen when she either dies or retires if Trump is the president. She is liberal to the core, and will not willingly step down. She will hang around until the day she dies.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JamesJr

I tend to agree with you. The thing is, Ginsburg knows what will happen when she either dies or retires if Trump is the president. She is liberal to the core, and will not willingly step down. She will hang around until the day she dies.

She's only gotta hang on until 2020.

The Commies wouldn't stand for an election year SC nominee. Especially after we wouldn't give the lame duck one in 2016.

Hell, they go full retard on the ones in not election years.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Paul_M Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Crow hunter

Like McCain did. That is what make me wonder if it true.
If the cancer has come back and is to the point nothing can be done to treat it I think she would step down if Hillary had won.
If she knows it is terminal I think she will stay as long as she can hoping to outlive Trumps term.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There ain't much of her left for the cancer to eat on now anyway.

Hell, I bet she won't weigh 60 pounds.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S

The Commies wouldn't stand for an election year SC nominee. Especially after we wouldn't give the lame duck one in 2016.

Yup, she only has to stay on the court for 1 year and 8 days. After that there will be no nominations until after the next congress and president are sworn in.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Time to focus on Roberts and have him indicted for Illegal adoption of Irish Children.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

There’s a difference in the last year of a last term versus the last year of a first term - that’s not a lame duck.

But she’s 85 - tick tock, tick tock . . .

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I'll believe she's gone when they close the lid.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
I'll believe she's gone when they close the lid.

Wouldn't surprise me if they kept her on ice for a year or so.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by tpcollins

There’s a difference in the last year of a last term versus the last year of a first term - that’s not a lame duck.

I think it's not the last term, but they aren't allowed in a "presidential election year"... lame duck or not.

There are a couple of exceptions though. But that was in the past before the zombies took over DC.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S

It is called The Biden Rule and Joe Biden gave his speech in 1992, that there should be NO SC nominations and confirmation during a Presidential Election year.

G H W Bush was President in 1992 and he was a One Term President.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The grim reaper is on his way for sure ...........................

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S

I think it's not the last term, but they aren't allowed in a "presidential election year"... lame duck or not.

There are a couple of exceptions though. But that was in the past before the zombies took over DC.

The Biden Rule is not officially binding as it was never voted on as an official Senate rule. However, McConnell has stated that he will not violate that rule.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That hasn't been allowed since long before Biden.

Biden just added his two cents worth on the issue.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
That hasn't been allowed since long before Biden.

Biden just added his two cents worth on the issue.

https://www.republican.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/blog?ID=7E53BFEC-32B0-4B55-A753-3860F588D30A

I did the Google and didn't find anything from the Senate pre Biden?

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (160user, 1minute, 10ring1, 1234, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 63 invisible), 2,409 guests, and 1,367 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,162
Posts18,484,348
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.