Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
The "pink pistols"(gay second amendment group) have officially adopted the 6.5 creedmoor as their logo, they have lso colluded with Kimber to produce rainbow colored Montana rifles so chambered. Big stick has all the memos and literature

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

HR IC

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
"Laff'n"! RJ

Oh Stick, sorry, I can't hear you. You are on ignore!

Last edited by rj308; 12/31/18.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Bumping this for rumor vs reality...

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Would be nice to hear someone with brains is now running Remington.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Savuti
A well known New England gun maker will be offering their first ever (I believe) handgun.
Don't know if it'll be ready for SHOT though.

A Mossberg polymer 9mm. Bet they have as big a chance in cornering a majority of the market share as I do becoming a Chinese fighter pilot.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'd like to hear that Kimber 84M's now have 3" COAL,due subtle changes on the existing receiver and nothing in the larder,is twisted slower than 8". That they are throated in accordance,goes without saying...just saying.

FUNNY part is,it's all there.

Hint....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Big Stick
I'd like to hear that Kimber 84M's now have 3" COAL,due subtle changes on the existing receiver and nothing in the larder,is twisted slower than 8". That they are throated in accordance,goes without saying...just saying.

FUNNY part is,it's all there.

Hint....................

....that and.....long action mag boxes for the Fieldcraft and 84L are going to be extended to about 3.7" with the addition of the .280AI....

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Stump Buster
I'd love to hear Ruger has a new "Quality Control Division" that actually inspects every gun that leaves the production line before heading out the door. Ruger and Burris both have great ideas but sorry execution.

Amen to the Ruger comment.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pappy348
I'd love to hear Ruger has a new "Quality Control Division" that actually inspects every gun that leaves the production line before heading out the door. Ruger and Burris both have great ideas but sorry execution.

I've lost count of the Rugers I've purchased over the decades, new and used, but only one had an issue and had to go back (twice), a
New Bearcat. Once corrected, it was a peach. Luck of the draw, I suppose, but that's my experience. BTW, they paid for the shipping, both ways, both times, after a minor fuss, so the only expense was my time and trouble.

It's just been in the past 10 years I've really seen their products go south as far as fit, finish and function. I promise you I'm not nitpicking and I don't expect Holland & Holland quality from Ruger, but when I spend $1200 on a rifle, it shouldn't leave the factory with a split stock, an action so rough the bolt would jam during the cycling process (action screws tightented per Ruger specs), an overtightened barrel that wouldn't allow the bolt to close, with sight blade channels cut out of square with the front sight, with wrong/oversized pins installed from other models into smaller framed guns, etc. I've come to have a wonderful relationship with their Customer Service Department, but I'd rather not know any of them. Maybe I am the unluckiest Ruger buyer ever because every "New" Ruger I've bought in the last 10 years has had to go back or needed repairs out of the box. I want to love the company and think they have been bringing out some really good ideas (especially when they listen to Jason Cloessner from Lipsey's), but I won't order anything again from them as it's too much of a gamble on whether they ship me a Monday gun or a Wednesday gun.

You are not alone. I am a Ruger nut, but I have had my share of QC issues with their products.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
My experience with Ruger customer service is that the outcome is highly dependent on who you talk to. Sometimes the person is helpful and issues are resolved other times I’ve gotten a big GFY.

IC B3

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

504 members (160user, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 49 invisible), 2,264 guests, and 1,136 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,510
Posts18,490,768
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.