-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I got into archery hunting 28 years ago when a friend from high school introduced me to it. I think my dad felt left out and due to arthritis in both shoulders he could no longer shoot his recurve (I guess he bow hunted a little before I was born), so he bought a crossbow. That was 26 years ago. While he didn't live but for 2 more years, I truly enjoyed our time hunting and shooting together. I have never looked down on those that hunt with a crossbow, as I just see it as another hunter in the ranks.

GB1

H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by rost495
The problem with that is those folks are never team players. Non team players can KMA. They are of no help to the sportsman or the future of it.

Yep.

Just imagine if deer seasons were 3 months long, in every state, and you could hunt them with whatever tool you wanted to use without the [bleep] and their "special" seasons.....

H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by ihookem
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
One thing is for sure, when it comes to allowing crossbows during the archery season.... No where does the the puzzie hurt develope as quick, or run as deep, as it does with a lot of folks from Wisconsin...

laffin

I thought that was my imagination.

You've obviously never encountered SOME of the bowhunting lobby in Iowa....

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by HawkI
Originally Posted by ihookem
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
One thing is for sure, when it comes to allowing crossbows during the archery season.... No where does the the puzzie hurt develope as quick, or run as deep, as it does with a lot of folks from Wisconsin...

laffin

I thought that was my imagination.

You've obviously never encountered SOME of the bowhunting lobby in Iowa....

, Montana lobbied hard too against x-bows even for the handi -cap , the law is no x-bows for anyone in Montana.which I feel is wrong: the old and handi-cap should be allowed to use a x-bow. but in Montana on private land ranchers and friends are allowed to use rifles starting August 15th to shoot cows and calf elk from their trucks and allowed 3 elk a-piece during the foolish shoulder season, while some handi-cap or old person on public land has to use a drawn bow and walk that time of year during the archery season,which is at the same time as the shoulder season. > now where is the sense in that ?

Last edited by pete53; 12/29/18.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What's peculiar to me is with the continual decline of hunters/hunting, we have so many folks butt-hurt about who's using what as a weapon of choice (and when).
I'd urge those with puckered sphincter to take a step back and see the bigger picture.

pete53, there hasn't been your kind of machismo around here since the departure of safariman - *golf clap*.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I have nothing against any archery gear. Recurve, compound or crossbow. I don't care if you throw a spear at them. I do care about the preferential treatment given to them. Here in Pa the GC loves the sticks. Reason being they are quiet. Some of the users of them like them for the same reason. One guy says the reason he hunts with sticks here in Pa is because he can hunt on Sunday. Quiet has everything to do with it and legality nothing.

Last edited by battue; 12/29/18.

laissez les bons temps rouler
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by SKane
pete53, there hasn't been your kind of machismo around here since the departure of safariman - *golf clap*.

laugh laugh

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
[quote=SKane]What's peculiar to me is with the continual decline of hunters/hunting, we have so many folks butt-hurt about who's using what as a weapon of choice (and when).
I'd urge those with puckered sphincter to take a step back and see the bigger picture.

pete53, there hasn't been your kind of machismo around here since the departure of safariman - *golfclap

maybe some of you people need to stand up and be a man , its know wonder why many youth,young adults don`t hunt anymore ? man up take a stand ! all tools used for hunting should be allowed within reason. here`s another newer rule/law in Montana by the fed dam core people, in this one large area by a fed dam its muzzle loader only and that's ok but the fed dam people made these these restrictions round balls only- no inline muzzle loaders but all shotguns with slugs are legal . now WTF sense is that ? so ya x-bows are not at all legal in Montana even for the sick,weak ,old or disabled in the state and federal land but on private Montana land at the same time next to the state and fed land go ahead and use a rifle shoot up to 3 cows or calf elk sneak up to them with your truck ,cheap licenses and Montana says that's hunting ? WTF ? and the youth feels ya I guess that's hunting. RMEF shows some of those pictures in the magazines of the shoulder slaughter hunt and even on 24 hr campfire some brag about and show pictures of there shoulder slaughter elk hunt with their flatbed truck. WTF is wrong with Montana Fish , Game and Parks ? that is not hunting ! what are we as hunters teaching our youth ,do we want these young hunters to learn to hunt from a truck flat bed, have no ideal of a tent camp back in the mountains . very very sad

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by battue
I have nothing against any archery gear. Recurve, compound or crossbow. I don't care if you throw a spear at them. I do care about the preferential treatment given to them. Here in Pa the GC loves the sticks. Reason being they are quiet. Some of the users of them like them for the same reason. One guy says the reason he hunts with sticks here in Pa is because he can hunt on Sunday. Quiet has everything to do with it and legality nothing.

It may also be about the money, in some states anyway, and related to that, how many recreation hours they work in while achieving the population goals they've set. Different states work it different ways. I have a lifetime senior license that lets me take a rifle buck, either sex deer with bow and ML, a bear, a boar, and also hunt during special days for the youngsters and geezers. Extra tags for rifle, bow, or ML are $21, plus tags for rifle does are $10. I bought a bunch so I could hunt anytime I felt like it, so spent a bundle. In Next door VA, one license lets you take up 6 deer with a rifle, but bow and ML tags cost extra. Deer taken with any of those methods go against your total, it matters not which. For another fee, you can shoot 6 more does. The money comes in, the deer get harvested.

Haven't done PA in years, so I've lost track of how things work up there. I do remember that the last five years or so, it was next to impossible for a NR to get a doe tag in Adams county.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by pete53

maybe some of you people need to stand up and be a man , its know wonder why many youth,young adults don`t hunt anymore ? man up take a stand !

Yeah, that's it. The world you so fondly recall no longer exists in that form but you keep beating that drum.
If you ever stop to observe the vastness of today's world, your narrowmindedness and machismo might wither a bit.

WWP53D
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[quote=SKane]What's peculiar to me is with the continual decline of hunters/hunting, we have so many folks butt-hurt about who's using what as a weapon of choice (and when).

pete53, there hasn't been your kind of machismo around here since the departure of safariman - *golfclap

maybe some of you people need to stand up and be a man , its know wonder why many youth,young adults don`t hunt anymore ? man up take a stand ! all tools used for hunting should be allowed within reason. here`s another newer rule/law in Montana by the fed dam core people, in this one large area by a fed dam its muzzle loader only and that's ok but the fed dam people made these these restrictions round balls only- no inline muzzle loaders but all shotguns with slugs are legal . now WTF sense is that ? so ya x-bows are not at all legal in Montana even for the sick,weak ,old or disabled in the state and federal land but on private Montana land at the same time next to the state and fed land go ahead and use a rifle shoot up to 3 cows or calf elk sneak up to them with your truck ,cheap licenses and Montana says that's hunting ? WTF ? and the youth feels ya I guess that's hunting. RMEF shows some of those pictures in the magazines of the shoulder slaughter hunt and even on 24 hr campfire some brag about and show pictures of there shoulder slaughter elk hunt with their flatbed truck. WTF is wrong with Montana Fish , Game and Parks ? that is not hunting ! what are we as hunters teaching our youth ,do we want these young hunters to learn to hunt from a truck flat bed, have no ideal of a tent camp back in the mountains . very very sad

What are fed dam core people?

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
B
B
WELL SAID PAT!

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
fed dam core people = federal dams areas are ruled by federal employees that manage in the federal dam areas many people just call them fed core people

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

Yeah, that's it. The world you so fondly recall no longer exists in that form but you keep beating that drum.
If you ever stop to observe the vastness of today's world, your narrowmindedness and machismo might wither a bit.

have you ever hunted in Montana with a bow ? or even a rifle ? >>>> Clint Eastwood said this : some people just need to be hit in the head with a shovel ,so please don`t duck if it happens

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

have you ever hunted in Montana with a bow ? or even a rifle ? >>>> Clint Eastwood said this : some people just need to be hit in the head with a shovel ,so please don`t duck if it happens

About half of the threads in which you're a participant, someone calls you a dumbss. Newsflash - it MIGHT be you and not the rest of the tribe. wink

And, yes, I've hunted in Montana - and will do so again. And, as a non-resident guest, I'll do so by Montana's rules and not beotch one iota about how Montana conducts its business/management.
Now, please, provincial pete - back to your incessant drivel about how tough you are, how no one has worked in extremes like you did, how hardcore one has to be to hunt in northern MN or just how [bleep] awesome you are in general.

WWP53D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
fed dam core people = federal dams areas are ruled by federal employees that manage in the federal dam areas many people just call them fed core people

Many people?

Weird, I live 20 miles from Ft Peck dam, have a lot of friends who work out there, and I've never heard them called that.

But do continue on....and share some more of your "Rambo" stories of super human feats, killing wild animals with primitive weapons...the gallery is in awe.

Hang a pic or two of those monster bulls you've arrowed out here while you're at it. We're all dying to see them.

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by scenarshooter

Many people?

Weird, I live 20 miles from Ft Peck dam, have a lot of friends who work out there, and I've never heard them called that.

But do continue on....and share some more of your "Rambo" stories of super human feats, killing wild animals with primitive weapons...the gallery is in awe.

Hang a pic or two of those monster bulls you've arrowed out here while you're at it. We're all dying to see them.

I think he might be talking about Corps of Engineers people.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by MILES58

Many people?

yep that's what local residents call them that live there ,some say cor people that work at the dam.

Last edited by pete53; 12/31/18.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

Many people?

no Rambo here,pictures nope you aint see`n nothin and if you don`t believe me that`s even better. no we never ever get anything you locals are the real stars in the hunting world out there you feel . and believe ?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by MILES58

Many people?

I think he might be talking out his ass.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

529 members (219DW, 1234, 10Glocks, 219 Wasp, 21, 1minute, 51 invisible), 2,414 guests, and 1,199 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,432
Posts18,489,316
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.