Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Originally Posted by John_Boy
Like Tom 264 said... Spiritually dead.
Until God causes you to be born again faith will never happen.

Faith is just an excuse for those without evidence.

Hell is a place for those without faith.

Nice threat. It seems that's all ya got is threats. You sure don't have any good evidence.

I have all the evidence I need. It is found within my soul. You cannot see it. That is where faith comes in.

I have threatened no one. I do not understand why you keep repeating this.

People are concerned for your eternal well being, and you can only reply with snarky comments. Very sad.

I hope you can find truth before it is too late.

Greg, you may couch it in those terms, but what's the underlying implications?

Believe as you do, or burn in hell FOREVER.

So by extension, every time you reference hell as a place for those with beliefs different than your, it is a threat. It is the tactics of bullies and defeated minds, and is below a gentleman such as yourself.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Good try Tom. I've BTDT. with him as well. The Bible's definition of a fool, that's AS. Pretty sad isn't it.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Good try Tom. I've BTDT. with him as well. The Bible's definition of a fool, that's AS. Pretty sad isn't it.

Raider,

Good hunting to you this new year. I look forward to more of your stories of dead critters.

AS.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

V
V
[Linked Image]

"Against stupidity, the gods themselves say, aww, 'fuvck it'"

Schadenfreude: “Tastes great! Less filling!”
V
V
[Linked Image]

IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by VoxVeritas
[Linked Image]

They forgot a picture with Jesus in it. None with Obama either. Darn. Well, so much for that genius.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
V
V
[Linked Image]

Xtianity only lasted as long as it did because it had the power of force and ignorance behind it. The internet has truly been the ultimate death blow to xtianity. The young people are leaving in droves and once the societal [bleep]-stain known as the Religious Right baby boomers finally return from whence they came, you’ll see the myth all but diasappear from relevance. Hence, the searingly hypocritical embrace of their Mango Messiah; a last desperate grasp for earthly power. My kingdom is not of this world, indeed.

V
V
Originally Posted by jaguartx
[Linked Image]

They forgot a picture with Jesus in it. None with Obama either. Darn. Well, so much for that genius.

Lower left, Cockerdill.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
[Linked Image]

Doc,

Shouldn't you be off to a party somewhere, or have you been hitting the whiskey already and be safer cheering in the year from home?

Hope you have a great year and do much good for your patients, and fill some tags.

AS.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Proof is worthless, thats why there is none. Faith is priceless, because it gives everlasting life. smile

Were not the miracles mentioned in scripture [conducted by Jesus and his appointed] not interpreted as proof
or a form of demonstrated evidence?

Christians also like to mention from Bible all the witnesses that apparently saw the alleged miracles take place.

Evidence and witnesses from Bible is more like the workings of a courtroom rather than wing and prayer religious faith.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
IC B3

V
V
Originally Posted by Starman

Proof is worthless, thats why there is none. Faith is priceless, because it gives everlasting life. smile

Were not the miracles mentioned in scripture [conducted by Jesus and his appointed] not interpreted as proof
or a form of demonstrated evidence?

Christians also like to mention all the witnesses that apparently saw the alleged miracles take place.

The Bible is chock full of stories of god appearing and ‘proving’ his existence to people and that didn’t stop them from ‘rebelling’ or turning away so He should have no problem continuing to provide evidence in the forms that Antelope mentioned earlier. So believing without seeing is just a literary device to con the rubes.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Vox,..

As a child I put my young teeth under a pillow and in the morning I found some money under same said pillow.

I knew 100% from such repeated experiences that the tooth fairy really existed because I had the proof and evidence
..even though I never laid eyes on her.

The Bible is chock full of stories of god appearing and ‘proving’ his existence to people ...

Thomas we know was an evidence based guy,... as for the others, when Jesus appeared to them at the lake
and on the road , they didn't recognize him - even though they were part of his org.12 member 'A -Team.'

When Mary went to the Tomb, Jesus appeared and she also didn't recognize him....
strange considering it was just few days earlier that she had last seen him.

Some Christians explain such away , by putting a mystic smoke and mirrors spin to the story.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Haven't had a new guy with such a d-bag (appropos) name since urbane-dbag-guy.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by IZH27
[quote=IZH27]I usually don’t follow or participate in the religion threads I occasionally read them and occasionally comment. I haven't read all of the posts on this thread so I will accept that you haven’t said that there is no God. It does seem that you take that position.

In your thinking, what would be necessary or acceptable as proof of one’s claim that there is a God?

IZH,

I'm not asking for proof, I think that's too high a standard for a discussion like this, I'm just asking for "good evidence", that meets reasonable standards, such as being logically valid and sound, independently verifiable, repeatable (when applicable), and comport to the natural world as we best know it. It wouldn't include threats (believe or burn forever), or circular reasoning (the bible is true because the bible says it's true), not be overly contorted, explainable by natural processes, not the "god of the gaps" i.e. we don't know, therefore god(s), and again, not commuting or resting upon any logical fallacies. In addition the definition must be one consistent with what we commonly think of when we use the word God, and cannot be based on "faith".

If there is a God is it not an assumption and presumptive to conclude that said God can be quantified and qualified in part or whole by human reason and method?

IZH,

This depends upon your definition of god(s).

If the definition of your god includes a home atop Mount Olympus, we've been there, and there is no home of gods there, so we've proven that myth is not literal truth. If your concept of God includes the solid firmament of Genesis 1:6, we've been to the moon, and none of the Apollo missions crashed into it.

In more general terms, does your god in any way interact with the real world, such as by answering prayers, or favoring his followers? If so, we should be able to test for that. If your god all knowing, all powerful, all kind, and are we of a perfect design? If so, what should that look like, and is that what we see, or do we see something more consistent with a natural explanation?

I think that the greater issue is quantifying God. If there is a God and that God is responsible for life and all that exists then God must be more than matter. It would seem necessary that God exist with purpose, will, power, personality, etc. I see no way to prove or disprove God if we are limiting that proof to the material.

I’ve thought about my love for my wife and my children since posting this morning. . It is real. It exists. It is represented in many ways but I have absolutely no tangible way to quantify that love.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by IZH27

I’ve thought about my love for my wife and my children since posting this morning. . It is real. It exists. It is represented in many ways but I have absolutely no tangible way to quantify that love.

That's because you don't quantify that love.

They do.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
[Linked Image]

Lower left, Cockerdill.

He's from Texas.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Gus

come visit, maybe stay?

I don't think we'd get along very well.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
They quantify the results of that love, what it does or gives. The love itself is not material therefore not quantifiable.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by JGRaider

LMAO

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
True to form, I read the first and last post. I would say that Christianity HAS taken over the world...but the world would be a really dull place without the Devil.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Page 14 of 18 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (10Glocks, 1minute, 2500HD, 1234, 117LBS, 06hunter59, 56 invisible), 2,499 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,878
Posts18,518,151
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.