Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by CarlsenHighway
I met a negro man once. He turned out to be American as it happens.
What is ebonics? Is it a dialect?

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’ve playeed much hockey in Canada back in my youth. Canadian “blacks” in my experience speak just like everyone else, unlike the majority in the US.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Weese bros don heyuh spek wid classe.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by CarlsenHighway
I met a negro man once. He turned out to be American as it happens.
What is ebonics? Is it a dialect?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Around here many of them talk like they have a mouth full of marbles. That is slowly changing though. Some of them are beginning to learn to speak proper English.

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Then there's Patrick Ewing. Four years and a degree from Georgetown University and, his speaking abilities were so bad that he couldn't get a job on any network as a commentator. Alan Iverson is just as bad. Another "scholar" from Georgetown.

NRA Life Patron Member Benefactor Level
USN/USMC Vietnam Vet 1969-70
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Blacks here in US have developed a fake culture. Their way of stickin to whitey ( the man). Unfortunately its a double edged sword.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
D
D
My best friend's daughter just married a black guy from East Texas. There isn't a person in this young man's family that speaks "ebonics," and they're all conservative. His dad is an engineer for a big oil company, his mom is an advanced practice nurse, and he's working on his master's at OK State in history, with a focus on military history. He can talk for hours on Vietnam and WWII, and is just this side of irate that EA sports, in one of their WWII games, will allow a player to choose a black female to be a NAZI soldier. The historical inaccuracy of it drives him bonkers.

Offering free helicopter rides since 1973
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by DanielOwenLynch
My best friend's daughter just married a black guy from East Texas. There isn't a person in this young man's family that speaks "ebonics," and they're all conservative. His dad is an engineer for a big oil company, his mom is an advanced practice nurse, and he's working on his master's at OK State in history, with a focus on military history. He can talk for hours on Vietnam and WWII, and is just this side of irate that EA sports, in one of their WWII games, will allow a player to choose a black female to be a NAZI soldier. The historical inaccuracy of it drives him bonkers.

As it rightly should.

Geno

PS, I listen to hockey players all the time, Guys like PK Subban, Evander Kane, etc don't sound like they came from a ghetto. And probably didn't, considering the cost to a family to get a kid through all the hockey it takes to make it to the juniors even. Upbringing has a great deal with how a person talks.

PPS I know many Mexican Americans who don't sound cholo too.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Iowa St just beat Kansas in basketball. I am watching a live interview of one of the Iowa State players, who is obviously of coal black African descent, but a recruit who grew up in Canada. He was extremely clear and well spoken in the English language, such that when I looked away from the TV, I could not detect any ebonics accent to his speech . . . just pure, clear, educated English. His name is Marial Shayok and wears #3 jersey for Iowa State. This proves that rap music and ebonics is a purely United States idiom, direct from the streets of uneducated, immoral and uncivilized hoods.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/team/_/id/66/iowa-state-cyclones

There is a black skinned fellow with the first name of John that comes in to work regularly, he speaks very well and concisely. He drives trucks for a living, is from Zimbabwe and has three daughters currently in University...I take great delight in razing him about being from Rhodesia.

I don't think any with black skin should be in Australia unless they are native as it is Aboriginal country, but if I am stuck with the situation then John is the sort I would prefer to stay.

Oddly enough he seems adamant that Zimbabwe is going ahead and prospering, and doesn't have much of an answer when I ask him when he is packing up and going back home to the new prosperous homeland.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
IC B3

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by DanielOwenLynch

Grew up in east Texas and one of my best friends was a black Kid that spoke like that. We were at a track meet one day and he went up to hot on this black girl from one of the Houston schools. First thing out of her mouth was “why you talk like a white boy”. We gave him hell about that for years

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
What is it these folks are talking? Pizer? Mommucked? Drimed?? (3:30 They don't even know how to spell it)

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
My wife and I have been watching the Docu-Series about R. Kelly ( pedophile) anyhow, trying to listen/decipher all the Ebonics/bad grammer just wears me out after an hour! I have heard whites speak just as bad, its not necessarily a Race thing.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

635 members (1234, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10ring1, 19rabbit52, 06hunter59, 72 invisible), 3,385 guests, and 1,178 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,633
Posts18,533,253
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.