Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
sucks, i go 2-3 nights with only getting a couple hours sleep then crash for about 8 hours.... its getting old.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
GB1

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
You, too?

It's been a rough month here. There's a big thing on the near horizon, & it's had me up way more than it should. Hopefully I'll get back to sleeping again this week.

I'm sure as hell looking forward to the March hog hunt. I sleep well there, for sure... even if my roommates don't. grin I'm lucky EdM + Poobs didn't smother me with a pillow.

Take Care,

FC.

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Count me in.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
yeah sometimes i don't sleep it gets old, looking forward to the hunt.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Been sick for a week and sinuses stopped up. Cant breathe when laying down, so I'm attempting to sleep in a recliner. It's ok for a nap, but trying to get a nights sleep in the recliner sucks.

Hope yall have a good time at the pig hunt.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Randy, I have had problems like that for a couple of years. Dr. gave me some spray medicine called Fluticasone Propionate, that helped a little, but did not get rid of it. Usually starts while deer hunting and is hard to shake. You think you are almost well and then it turns the other way. I noticed that Gene (curdog) had some of the same medicine at Quemado.

For about a year and half, my legs get to hurting so bad between 3:00 AM and 4:00 AM that I have to get up and walk around for a while. Sometimes I can go back to sleep for a while, but most time not. Then about dark, I get sleepy as hell, but just doze, no good, hard sleep. Back problems causing it. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I think everyone has trouble like that as they get older (and heavier). Most guys I know in their 50’s on up are on CPap machines and swear by em.

What helps with me is if I’ve exercised that day, in my case on a bicycle.

Watching a long history Yourube with the set up that the phone will go on to the next one at the end.

Half a liter of inexpensive merlot red wine (Liberty Creek) tho that means I’ll be up to pee at 4am, but falling back to sleep is never a problem.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How come I can't sleep at midnight,
But sure as heck could sleep more at 430?

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Lots of things contribute to not sleeping.

If you want to sleep sound there are a number of things you can do to help.

-Clean up the house. Clutter causes restlessness. It could be physical or mental. Knocking schit out that needs doing makes your brain relax. Yes it's a thing.

-PT. Burning calories and getting your heart rate into the danger zone once a day will drastically increase your chances of sleeping well.

-Avoid alcohol. Even small quantities.

If it's truly a problem you can troubleshoot it with a fitbit. They can be had for less than $100 these days and will show your sleep cycle each day. This allows you to dial in what your body does and doesn't like to achieve sleep.

Oh, and be sure you have a good mattress.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by milespatton
Randy, I have had problems like that for a couple of years. Dr. gave me some spray medicine called Fluticasone Propionate, that helped a little, but did not get rid of it. Usually starts while deer hunting and is hard to shake. You think you are almost well and then it turns the other way. I noticed that Gene (curdog) had some of the same medicine at Quemado.

For about a year and half, my legs get to hurting so bad between 3:00 AM and 4:00 AM that I have to get up and walk around for a while. Sometimes I can go back to sleep for a while, but most time not. Then about dark, I get sleepy as hell, but just doze, no good, hard sleep. Back problems causing it. miles

Back problems causing me misery here as well.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Get some melatonin (1) 10mg, and valerian root (4) 450mg.

Take them an hour before when you want to go to sleep. Settle in and get comfy, and you'll sleep. No side effects in the morning. Not addictive.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Get some melatonin (1) 10mg, and valerian root (4) 450mg.

Take them an hour before when you want to go to sleep. Settle in and get comfy, and you'll sleep. No side effects in the morning. Not addictive.

Melatonin is a blessing for jet lag too.

As you age your body produces less of it.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I slept about 2 hours last night, first bad night I’ve had in a while. No sleep sucks!

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
I've never had that problem. Nobody in my wife's family sleeps good. I tell them a clean conscience is a soft pillow.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have the type of insomnia brought about by my inability to stop the brain from just rambling on while trying to go to sleep. I also have a number of osteoarthritis issues that cause a lot of pain which keeps me awake. My bad heart needs sleep.
I take a Tylenol 500 mg before going to bed, and a 15 mg Restoril cap at bed time. Almost always works like a charm. I don't want to take too much of a given aid though, and vary that with either Tylenol PM plus an additional tablet of Diphenhydramine, or I will take a regular Tylenol 500 mg tablet along with a single 20mg Doxylamine Succinate.
Some nights nothing is needed, but when I need a push, I take something.

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
AH-6 little birds from 160th spec ops come over about 3 mornings a week at 2am. Right over the tree tops.

Rattles my dale earnhardt mirror on the mantle. 😩

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave

-Clean up the house. Clutter causes restlessness. It could be physical or mental. Knocking schit out that needs doing makes your brain relax. Yes it's a thing.

-PT. Burning calories and getting your heart rate into the danger zone once a day will drastically increase your chances of sleeping well.

If it's truly a problem you can troubleshoot it with a fitbit. They can be had for less than $100 these days and will show your sleep cycle each day. This allows you to dial in what your body does and doesn't like to achieve sleep.

Is this Mrs. 'flave posting again?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave

I don’t doubt your word but red wine works like a charm for me, but then I ain’t been a recreational drinker for decades, it takes hardly any to get me drunk nowadays.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Rog, ask your wife if you snore, if you do that’s a textbook symptom of sleep apnea.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
My wifey snores all the time, yet she sleeps well. Ain’t fair!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 19rabbit52, 17CalFan, 160user, 10ring1, 61 invisible), 2,882 guests, and 1,270 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,314
Posts18,526,334
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.