Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by stxhunter
sucks, i go 2-3 nights with only getting a couple hours sleep then crash for about 8 hours.... its getting old.

be happy you get the 8 hrs I never get more than 4 or 5

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
well slept almost 4 hrs, usually just have to much on my mind, i guess.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
My wife got me a weighted blanket for Christmas. I have been getting the best sleep I have seen in years! I don't know what it is about the blanket, but it seems to help me. Best of luck in your quest of good sleep.

N
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
N
Yep, Melatonin helped me a lot.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by stxhunter
well slept almost 4 hrs, usually just have to much on my mind, i guess.

Slept 3-4 hours a night for 27 years straight. Much better now but still have about one night a week like that.

Wife says its the product of a troubled mind.

Closer to the truth than she knows....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by NDsnowman
Yep, Melatonin helped me a lot.

Lots of Melatonin fans out there and its worth a try. Most common side effect is weird dreams...

Mine are weird enough and melatonin put them over the top. I took it once and will NEVER take it again....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
I have struggled with insomnia since we had our first child. I guess the weight of the added responsibility has something to do with it? I have found three things that can help. Vigorous exercise in the early afternoon, an evening beer or glass of wine, or to sit and read a while, tends to help me a bit. Once asleep I’m good and can sleep for quite a while. My problem is winding down. My brother and my Mom deal with this as well.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I went from 10 cups a coffee a day, down to one, first thing in the morning. Made a big difference for me.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Rog, ask your wife if you snore, if you do that’s a textbook symptom of sleep apnea.

Roger may not be interested in a c-pap when he finds out you have to shave your mustache.

Least that's what my Dr. told me when she suggested a sleep test to see if a c-pap might help with my blood pressure.

I told her to figure something else out because I wasn't interested in shaving off a mustache I've had since i was 17 for another one of her never ending tests that lead to nowhere. Not in those exact words mind you. smile

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
diphenhydramine tablets work well.... it's the sleep aid in aleve PM's. You can get a bottle from walmart for around $4. 1 or 2 before bed works well.

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other the person to die ......

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

IC B3

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Rog, ask your wife if you snore, if you do that’s a textbook symptom of sleep apnea.

Roger may not be interested in a c-pap when he finds out you have to shave your mustache.

Least that's what my Dr. told me when she suggested a sleep test to see if a c-pap might help with my blood pressure.

I told her to figure something else out because I wasn't interested in shaving off a mustache I've had since i was 17 for another one of her never ending tests that lead to nowhere. Not in those exact words mind you. smile

I've been using a cpap machine with a flexible nose piece for 9 months. No issues with my mustache. Sleep better no more snoring according to my wife.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Google Belsomra. It’s a sleep aid, designed to turn the wake signal in the brain down. Ain’t cheap but it works.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Flyer01
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

I've been using a cpap machine with a flexible nose piece for 9 months. No issues with my mustache. Sleep better no more snoring according to my wife.

Just telling ya what she said.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I was diagnosed with severe sleep apnea and have been on a C-pap for about a year and a half now. I have a mustache and it doesn't affect it but it's not a huge mustache either. Roger looks like he has a dead cat on his lip. lol

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ask your Doc form some meds, they can change your life.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Nothing but Ambien works for me anymore. I got a bad batch from the pharmacy once and didn't sleep for 6 days.

Not fun.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by WhiteFawn
I've never had that problem. Nobody in my wife's family sleeps good. I tell them a clean conscience is a soft pillow.

+1. That is me! I tell them I sleep the sleep of the innocent. I usually can't get through my prayers before I'm asleep. On the other side of that though, I usually only sleep 6 - 7 hours a night, with at least one pee break about 2:30 AM.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost....
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Nothing but Ambien works for me anymore. I got a bad batch from the pharmacy once and didn't sleep for 6 days.

Not fun.

Chronic Ambien use is directly linked to an increased risk of Alzheimer’s. Google Ambien Alzheimer’s.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
" Dr. gave me some spray medicine called Fluticasone Propionate, that helped a little, but did not get rid of it."

Flonase right? It's a steroid so it only works if you use it every day when you're stopped up. I use another nose spray (also a steroid) called Nascort that works much for me that Flonase. You can get a 3 month supply at Costco for around $30, my grocery store also has it.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Sex works better than drugs..

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

529 members (1OntarioJim, 2500HD, 1badf350, 222ND, 257Bob, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 60 invisible), 2,505 guests, and 1,245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,910
Posts18,518,654
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.