Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
MRC,

What's up at the company.. I ordered a X3 Extreme in 280 Ackley on 6/20/2018 - thru my favorite local gun shop- got the normal "6 month wait" message... Paid my $1600.00 and bingo - today my gun shop gave them a call because it's been 6 month's plus since I placed the order to ask them "What's Up" - well the answer is 3 more months because they are under new management...

Waiting for a rifle that's as smooth as theirs - I don't mind one bit - but to push an order from the public to the back burner because they weren't honest in the first place about their priorities ... I'm aware that they make the components for Kimber rifes but don't push my weapon to the back of the line...

Good thing I didn't order any options - which I wanted - but when they told me 6 months, (I can have my gun smith complete the other item's; cerakote, trigger springs for a lighter pull, etc.)...

New Management, Really?

Montana Rifle Company- Close your web-site to public orders until you can get yourself and your office in order... I pray to God for you and hope another outstanding American company hasn't been sold to China...

Hopefully I will have the rifle for my Colorado hunt with my Son next October in time to mount a scope and sight in...

Deeply Concerned in Crestview, Florida..

GB1

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I wasn't aware MRC made the components for Kimber rifles....

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
They don't.

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Didn't MRC get bought out sometime last year?

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
If MRC doesn't make Kimber components then they need to file a patent infringement ..

Actions and Barrel's are an exact match for MRC...

Kimber's are only assemble in N.Y. ...

Probably wrong but I'll wager a steak dinner - in Montana when you invite me out for a hunt - how about that...

Last edited by SpritWalker; 01/09/19.
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by SpritWalker
If MRC doesn't make Kimber components then they need to file a patent infringement ..

Put down the peyote pipe, spirit walker ...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Probably wrong but I'll wager a steak dinner - in Montana when you invite me out for a hunt - how about that...

Holy cow. Your gonna be in for a real shock when you get in your MRC Kimber clone.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Having owned both Kimber Montana and Montana Rifle Co products, they are not interchangeable. Kimber is much smaller
and lighter.

New management at MRC is news to me. If it is true, that is never a good sign for a gun company.

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times.
Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

Wow

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I wonder if proof research is stealing their people ? Proof opened up just down the road from MT rifle company and is growing like crazy and has several new rifle lines.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by boliep

Having owned both Kimber Montana and Montana Rifle Co products, they are not interchangeable. Kimber is much smaller
and lighter.

New management at MRC is news to me. If it is true, that is never a good sign for a gun company.

I remembered reading about the turnover awhile back somewhere and googled it. About halfway down the page, he talks about buying the company. He mentioned on an earlier page that previous management moved on.

https://www.africahunting.com/threads/welcome-to-montana-rifle-company.44905/page-2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
My one and only experience with MRC was, unfortunately, a complete disaster. POS rifle and POS customer service. Brand new rifle required having a new barrel installed a couple times, they couldn't figure out how to ream the chamber in 260 Remington. Terrible workmanship, no test firing or they would have realized you couldn't extract the fired case. And I had to keep paying for the shipping for all the "warranty" work. Definately got a bad one compounded by terrible customer service. Got to the point they would no longer answer calls or emails. They finally did get it right, but by that time I was not going to keep the rifle. Sold it, with full disclosure, for cheap!

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

I had a small problem with Montana Rifle Co and terrible customer service. Jeremy is who I dealt with.

I bought two either torque or allen head action screws for the X2. When they were sent, I got two screws that
were the same length. That solved the problem with one action screw but not the other. Repeated many times
were calls to MRC and Jeremy about what had happened. Each and every time Jeremy promised the screw
would go in the mail that day. Finally, I posted the problem on their site on Facebook. That got action and less
than a week later I had the proper screw. It was distasteful to bring such a small and easily solved problem to
a public forum but nothing else was getting through to Jeremy.

Loved the rifle but my customer service experience was terrible.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Built one rifle on a 1999 receiver. Before I received it I asked for tenon dimensions. They said they couldn't share that info. Do you believe that! Yes I measured the receiver and built the rifle. Product was good, but customer service sucks.

C
csf Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
well im glad someone else brought up there short comings first. i wouldn't do business with them customer service was poor and product had issues.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You may very well have gotten caught in the middle of a management change. Doesn't help you in the near future but I'm getting the impression that MRC is heading in the right direction under the new CEO. I've had two and had to use the customer service for one, and their CS at that time sucked like a shop vac on steroids.

But there was a thread recently about this management change which may be worthwhile to read.

MRC new ownership

New CEO's bio:
Well here goes- I was a helicopter pilot in Viet Nam 8 years in the Army- Pvt. to Captain! when not in Viet Nam I was on the USAMTU shooting for the US team in competitions around the world. so shooting has been my life- Worked as Director Sale and Marketing for Winchester 1973-1988, Sr VP sales and Marketing ATK- (Federal /CCI parent company) till 2006 , then consulting the past 13 years for Ruag Ammotec-- including Norma-USA my project!
So many years in our industry. as a hunter have hunted Africa several trips, Poland, Chec . Norway, Sweden, So America, New Zealand and almost every state in the US Canada and Alaska.--so yes I am a hunter-life member of many orgs.

We bought Montana rifle company as the owners were planning to shut it down- too cool of a company to let that happen- so I have moved to Kalispell and we are turning around the production with new machinery etc. The good news , accuracy is still 100% above the best- but customer service and deliveries have been P---poor the past 3-4 years. That is changing daily, I talk customers and have the opinion that customer service has to be the best in the industry! So time will tell-
Best to all
Ron

Paraphrasing my remarks in that thread, I think the Model 1999 was dreamed up by some guys with good ideas and really good intentions. But their original idea was to turn out basic actions for sale to the gunsmith trade, not start a full fledged rifle building company and support the finished products. That proved to be beyond their skill sets. Good designers and engineers but poor businessmen and business leaders.

I think (hope) that the new leadership who has solid experience in the world of big business might be a real game changer for MRC.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Jim,

I hope you’re right. I was interested in a new X3, but have held off due to all of the negative things I’ve read lately. If they can right the ship, I think they’ll do very well.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

I hope Jim is right also. My customer service problems were not during a management change. The X2 had been out about a year and
that is quite a while ago.

If they are at DSC I will stop and talk to them. That way it will be easy to verify a new ownership or not.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm really wanting an X3 in 6.5 PRC, but i'ts not listed on their website anymore. They have an X3 Elite and something like an X3 Extreme. Has a huge muzzle brake on it and it doesn't look right.

The lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part!
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I'd wait at least a year.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

528 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 19rabbit52, 10gaugemag, 53 invisible), 2,923 guests, and 1,231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,970
Posts18,519,709
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.