Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm so confused.....

lol

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think things have worked out for me.Retirement and Social Securtity combined,I hope I can make it for the rest of my life as long as I watch my spending.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
2 weeks with cash on hand....

3-4 month with the emergency cash fund.

6-8 years with my long term savings...

Well... we have come to the point.... where... the parasites are killing the host. It's only a matter of time now.

They only win.... when they cheat.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Normally about a year.

Right now about three months.

Barring unforeseen disasters. Furnace dying, death in family, etc.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by SamOlson
I'm so confused.....

lol

maybe there's too many choices of food on the shelves?

if there were fewer choices in less attractive packages would the prices decline?

what i'm asking is, are we putting too much emphasis on attractive packaging and not enough on pricing?

pricing is the key right? bump it up a quarter of a percent and trade in that old cadillac for a new one?

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KFWA
at the moment about 3 months

I'd be eating alot of rice and beans

Slide over.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Everything I have is in the land and livestock....everything.

Hmmmmm....gives you a little pause to think about it Sam!

It seems like you should be able to survive off the inventory for a while.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 79S

And Deflave will by to bag on you and how your ol lady logged on 24 hour called you lazy and was it worthless who knows, I never read that whole thing your ol lady posted about you. You will get your tit in a ringer, try to do battle of whits with him lose as usual and slink off into the night.. it's the usual wash dry and repeat..

Thanks for sharing. Remember to get those pubes from between your teeth before the infection sets in this time. Diligence!

LOL
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I've got enough in savings to go 5 months without a paycheck. And I'm a poor bastard compared to these govt. workers who are in dire straits so I have little sympathy for them.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Gus
I'm so confused.....

lol

if there were fewer choices in less attractive packages would the prices decline?

what i'm asking is, are we putting too much emphasis on attractive packaging and not enough on pricing?

pricing is the key right? bump it up a quarter of a percent and trade in that old cadillac for a new one?

I think mr sam refering to my post and fireball lol.. fireball basically cut and pasted deflaves April fools joke from a few yrs ago..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 1minute
Cutting back on luxuries like extra rigs, cable, cell phones, needless trips, vacations, club dues, several subscriptions, etc, and relying solely on liquid savings about 3 years. Insurance and taxes are the big bills.

About 10+ years if we started dipping into IRA's and other retirement funds.

This ^^^^^Without selling houses and property. 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Yes.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by Gus
I'm so confused.....

lol

I think mr sam refering to my post and fireball lol.. fireball basically cut and pasted deflaves April fools joke from a few yrs ago..

Alaska legalized pot?

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Schit. There have been a bunch of years where we lost money.

In the black a couple times...like twice. Wasn't even enough to make a pickup payment.

Other years were break even.

Everything I have is in the land and livestock....everything.

Hmmmmm....gives you a little pause to think about it Sam!

That is a scary place to be.

My brother is the manager of a credit union in rural Alberta. Most of the clients are farmers. Many are in the same situation as you Jim, if not worse. Some are heavily leveraged and don't seem to understand how to manage credit. They are one more bad year away from having to sell land to stay afloat. It is very sad, although some have made very poor decisions.

For instance, if you are heavily leveraged, maybe you don't need a new pickup (purchased with money you told the bank you needed for input costs), especially a Platinum model F150 (true story), or if you do need one, an XLT would do. Another, instead of servicing his debt (over a million), bought a $480,000 combine when he had a perfectly good combine only a few years old. He went to my brother to ask for money to refinance his debt because he was going to be in default. The credit union would not give him any more money. He had to sell assets (land) to survive. Credit union made it very clear that he had to service his debt before buying equipment etc (remember he had a good combine).

Farming is risky business, but you have to make good decisions to help yourself out. At one point I wanted to farm/ranch, but we had no money to get started. I'm glad I didn't because I can't handle the uncertainty of farming. I'm also adverse to debt. Can't stand it.

It takes a very unique individual to make it as a farmer. I admire them greatly.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
I've made it over a year on multiple occasions.

Average recession is about 2 years, so, that's a good level of savings to target.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S

And Deflave will by to bag on you and how your ol lady logged on 24 hour called you lazy and was it worthless who knows, I never read that whole thing your ol lady posted about you. You will get your tit in a ringer, try to do battle of whits with him lose as usual and slink off into the night.. it's the usual wash dry and repeat..

Thanks for sharing. Remember to get those pubes from between your teeth before the infection sets in this time. Diligence!

You speak from experience?

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by Gus
I'm so confused.....

lol

oh, it's an april fool's joke alright. been going on for ages. how many times has our gov't been "shut down" in the last 20 years?

if a true shutdown occurred, and disregarding the high theatrics, wonder what might happen next?

noone would lose their job. the congress would survive, and others.

at least the roman empire never extended north of the rhine, and above hadrians line.

april fools, like halloween are gaining in importance. flags on fire trucks are in decline?

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by Gus
I'm so confused.....

lol

Alaska legalized pot?

Is this fireballs wife posting? If so leave that man if you have to resort to buying marijuana from Alaska. I'm sure you can find a good man in Oregon or maybe Idaho..

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 79S
I've been struggling with addictions most of my life. It's been killing my finances and I've never had the courage to face it until now. This probably isn't the place to confess anything personal LOL. That hasn't worked out real well in the past, but I really want to make this right, and this is the time and place to finally end it.

I've been thinking alot about how my life would be different today if I'd been free of them. It's no fun being a slave to your impulses. I expect everyone here to make a big joke of it, rub salt in the wound. There's some real heartless bastards on here.

How many vacations could I have taken my family on by now if I hadn't completely blown it all these years? It seems like financial decisions get put off because I just have to have my fix. I've tried to get help. Went thru a 12 step program twice, didn't take either time. Now, I just need to man up and kick this thing. I've got an extra 20 ponds and a good sleeping bag, I need to move out to that spot under the bridge and shake this addiction to food and shelter before it ruins my life.

Thanks, you guys have given me the courage to make this important decision.

Maybe I'll run into Middlefork Miner and we can share a PBR. I'd really like that.

I don't even understand his post.

It's about me?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I've seen that happen around here. More than once.....

Jim might have a new snowmobile and dirt bike(?) but there ain't no new Platinum or combine...

All we need is a little rain and the money will be back!
(well that and a decent price for grain and beef)

And when it comes back save it until the next dry spell.

But some farmers wanna be fancy pants, especially when they get in competition with the neighbors.

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

71 members (7mm_Loco, 300_savage, 99Ozarks, 6MMWASP, Akhutr, 10 invisible), 1,731 guests, and 887 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,626
Posts18,492,906
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.