Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
he had a lot of 'splainin to do.....

USS Bremerton sub commander relieved for hiring prostitutes
Josh Farley, Kitsap Sun Published 4:34 p.m. PT Jan. 11, 2019 | Updated 4:56 p.m. PT Jan. 11, 2019

Capt. Travis Zettel was relieved as commanding officer of the USS Bremerton in August following a loss of confidence in his ability to command, according to the Navy. (Photo: MEEGAN M. REID / KITSAP SUN)

BREMERTON — The commander of the USS Bremerton was relieved of duty last summer after admitting to Navy investigators he paid for “female accompaniment” while the boat was in port in the Philippines.

Capt. Travis Zettel was relieved of duty in August following a loss of confidence in his ability to command the Los Angeles-class fast attack submarine, which is now tied up in Bremerton for decommissioning.

The incident occurred March 1 while the sub was ported in Subic Bay, according to documents released to the Kitsap Sun under a federal Freedom of Information Act request. NCIS agents interviewed a tipster to the Department of Defense Inspector General’s hotline that Zettel had told him and another sailor at a hotel pool that Zettel had “requested/ordered ten girls to arrive at the hotel.” Later, at dinner, the sailor saw Zettel with around 10 “provocatively dressed females outside the front door of the hotel.”

Another sailor, whose name was redacted in the documents released to the Kitsap Sun, was spotted with three “local females holding onto his arm as he was wandering around” greeting sailors from his command.

A criminal probe was launched in May, about a month after the submarine arrived in Bremerton for decommissioning. Zettel was confronted by NCIS with the allegations and “admitted culpability in the payment of female accompaniment,” the documents said. The other sailor was also interviewed but said he “did not participate in prostitution.” He then asked for a lawyer. That sailor was not “pursued for disciplinary action.”

Zettel was reprimanded and was relieved of his command in August. He was administratively reassigned to the staff of Naval Base Kitsap-Bangor-based Submarine Squadron 19, Navy officials said.

The Bremerton, while on active duty, was the oldest submarine in the Navy fleet at 37 years of service.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Favoring female companionship is now enough to cause a man to lose a Naval command?

Seriously,...Those women were selling a service,...the man was willing to buy it.

Why does that make him unfit to command?

Men need to get laid. Being out on a 6 month cruise can make that complicated. It really doesn't seem to me that purchasing the service of a LBFM during those times would indicate that a man was unfit to command.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Favoring female companionship is now enough to cause a man to lose a Naval command?

Seriously,...Those women were selling a service,...the man was willing to buy it.

Men need to get laid. Being out on a 6 month cruise can make that complicated. It really doesn't seem to me that purchasing the service of a LBFM during those times would indicate that a man was unfit to command.

Seems that straight sex is out and Rump Riding is in...............

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
wow, a sailor who paid for female attention in the Philippines, must have been the first time that ever happened.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
LMFAO.

WTF is he supposed to do in the Phillipines?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/13448516/Searchpage/1/Main/913643/Words/%2BHooker/Search/true/hire-10-hookers-get-fired#Post13448516

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Sounds like there has to be more to this . Hopefully the pricks that dropped a dime on him will get theirs . Probally a couple of [bleep] he pissed off .
Kenneth

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Capt. Travis Zettel was relieved as commanding officer of the USS Bremerton in August following a loss of confidence in his ability to command, according to the Navy.

Toxic masculinity here. If it had been male prostitutes that would have gotten a pass.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Kenneth66
Sounds like there has to be more to this . Hopefully the pricks that dropped a dime on him will get theirs . Probally a couple of [bleep] he pissed off .
Kenneth

It was a female,.....count on it.

Sailors have been picking up prostitutes since the first sail was unfurled. The docks would stay crowded with prostitutes waiting for the British Navy to come in back in the 1700's.

They were allowed to come on board because it was easier to keep track of the sailors if they allowed the prostitutes to come on board than it was to turn the sailors out and then go chase them down.

I won't defend it as a "wholesome" endeavor,...but it's a reality when men are sequestered together for long periods of time then set loose.

The alternative is for them to start knocking up all of those women that the Navy has started allowing on ships.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Kenneth

Sailors have been picking up prostitutes since the first sail was unfurled. The docks would stay crowded with prostitutes waiting for the British Navy to come in back in the 1700's.

They were allowed to come on board because it was easier to keep track of the sailors if they allowed the prostitutes to come on board than it was to turn the sailors out and then go chase them down.

I won't defend it as a "wholesome" endeavor,...but it's a reality when men are sequestered together for long periods of time then set loose.

The alternative is for them to start knocking up all of those women that the Navy has started allowing on ships.

Where are you seeing they were brought aboard the boat?

THAT will absolutely result in a loss of command. Getting hookers to a room, not so much.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by deflave
Kenneth

Where are you seeing they were brought aboard the boat?

THAT will absolutely result in a loss of command. Getting hookers to a room, not so much.

I was talking about the British navy of the 18th century. Their ships would be flooded with prostitutes when they were in port.

It was just part of the deal.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I’d read this the other day and just shook my head. The dirtbag that ratted should get a blanket party and I hope the guy that just pissed his career away has a good explanation for his wife and kids.

I’m really shocked that sailors, soldiers, airmen and Marines would seek the company of females. Shocked I tell ya.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Gotcha.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
With all the B.S. That is said on here and the word f-a-g gets bleeped , you gotta be kidding me , Kenneth

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm waiting for the navy guys to chime in on this.

First off, is Capt. Zettel married, and was his wife aware of these activities? 10 prostitutes in port ain't some sort of developing romance with a co-worker. What level of integrity do we expect from a man in his position?

How much classified info would Captain Zettel have had access to?

Would hiring prostitutes put him at risk for blackmail?

Does nobody watch these guys in port, what are the odds that one or more of the prostitutes may have been a foreign agent?

This is the stuff _I_ would think about if I had successfully risen all the way in rank to be given my own friggin' submarine.

But what do I know?

Well, on the bright side, since he is prob'ly going to be unemployed before too long, and since he is likely to soon be single if he weren't already, he can now move to the Phillipines and hire all the prostitutes he cares to.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

First off, is Capt. Zettel married, and was his wife aware of these activities? 10 prostitutes in port ain't some sort of developing romance with a co-worker. What level of integrity do we expect from a man in his position?

Does nobody watch these guys in port, what are the odds that one of the prostitutes may have been a foreign agent?

This is the stuff _I_ would think about if I had successfully risen all the way in rank to be given my own friggin' submarine.

But what do I know?

Well, on the bright side, since he is prob'ly going to be unemployed before too long, and since he is likely to soon be single if he weren't already, he can now move to the Phillipines and hire all the prostitutes he cares to.

The Peace Corps hath spoken.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
With all the B.S. That is said on here and the word f-a-g gets bleeped , you gotta be kidding me , Kenneth

It’s a California based company.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave

Does nobody watch these guys in port, what are the odds that one of the prostitutes may have been a foreign agent?

But what do I know?

The Peace Corps hath spoken.

Indeed. Truthfully I might add.

Anyhoo... in the Peace Corps nobody cares who you sleep with, unless you get them pregnant, in which case you're legally liable for the welfare of the child, same as you would be in the US.

One April 1st, bored out of my skull in my village as usual, I did write a long and serious letter to that effect to my parents. Said she didn't speak English or read and write but that she was a real nice girl and I was gonna try to make it work. The letter arrived home in June........ long after April. Still, I woulda thought the date on the letter was a dead giveaway...

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

Does nobody watch these guys in port, what are the odds that one or more of the prostitutes may have been a foreign agent?

But what do I know?

C'mon, man,.....just because you won't own up to hittin' that poontang during those two years that you spent as a young man in Ghana doesn't give you the right to judge a man who has been at sea for six months and decides to engage the affections of a Pinay.

There ain't no Filipina women who are gathering information for the red hoard.

The Bolsheviks tried to squeeze 'em for information a few times,....but the only information they could provide was, "He say, 'who your daddy?!".

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Three years.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (1936M71, 160user, 1234, 06hunter59, 1Longbow, 007FJ, 57 invisible), 2,356 guests, and 1,206 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,532
Posts18,491,216
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.