Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Walked into a little Irish neighborhood pub in Columbus OH about 15 years ago and sat down and ordered my usual. It was almost dead, just me at the bar and two guys playing pool. Still working on the first round and a guy walks in and sits a chair over from me at the bar. He orders his whatever and I continue to mind my own business. Guys asks if I could hand him an ashtray from the stack I was sitting next to so I said sure here you go. I looked at him and thought where the fuq have I seen this guy before? Luke Perry from Beverly hills 90210. Only know this because my ex wife used to watch that show. I didn't say anything about it for a while. I ordered another round then just had to ask. Are you(I didn't know his name)?... He aid yep. I thought so. Told him how my ex watched that show because of him, blah blah. He bitched about his ex wife too and how much she costed him.. cool dude. Down to Earth. Bought each other a couple of rounds and I wished him the best and left. Also met Bob Barker once( [bleep]) but that's another story. Got any?

GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
None. THANK GOD. I think celebrities are about useless as those things on a hog..... Wouldn't waste my time personally on the majority of folks like that.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
I met Carlos Hathcock in the mid 90s when he came to teach a police sniper course at the club I was rifle chairman of at the time. Great guy. His son is also a class act. He would use his day off at Camp Perry to coach the Michigan Junior Team in the Whistler Boy and then take them out for pizza.

Last edited by UPhiker; 01/16/19.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I was in the Winnipeg airport years ago and realized I was sitting next to Brian Dennehy. I didn’t talk to him as at that moment my flight was called to load. He was wearing what looked like a fishing vest so assumed he was in Canada for the same reason as I was. Dave

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Al Gore pulled on my arm back in 88.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B2

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
I hung out with Chuck Liddell at the Hard Rock pool one night a few years back. He had his wife and 2 yr old there and I had my family. They were very polite and down-to-earth and I didn't bother him with more than a couple of words of fan talk; we exchanged kid stories. When I got a picture of him with my boy I though his man-nanny was going to [bleep] his pants but Chuck didn't care. We saw them the next day at Universal Studios and just shared a wave. I've bumped into a few others over the years but none I would cross the street to talk to.

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Al Gore pulled on my arm back in 88.

Ha! You been hanging out with STRIKER?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sat across the aisle from Bill Gates on a trip to London. I'd gotten upgraded to first class. Never talked to him, but he was only worth about 9B then. Accidentally had most of first class booked in my name (Only him, me, and another couple in it), but that's a longer story.

Carpe' Scrotum
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Al was running for president back then. I had bigger fish to fry. I was on a courthouse sidewalk. I had this little lawsuit where I was being counter sued for just under a million dollars.

Carry on.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Beansnbacon33
Only know this because my ex wife used to watch that show.

BULLSCHIT!!!!

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Steve
Sat across the aisle from Bill Gates on a trip to London. I'd gotten upgraded to first class. Never talked to him, but he was only worth about 9B then. Accidentally had most of first class booked in my name (Only him, me, and another couple in it), but that's a longer story.

👍

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Beansnbacon33
Only know this because my ex wife used to watch that show.

BULLSCHIT!!!!

Ha! Lmao fuqquer

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I worked security at a concert venue about 12 or so years ago....

I've been around a few

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
We were in Mexico between Christmas and New Years and met Stacy Blades at our resort. He played for LA Guns and Ratt. He brought my friend a tequila shot, which was cool even though it was an all inclusive resort. The wives were enamored. Seemed like a friendly Canadian.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
One of the best was the day we flew into LAX this was day one of our move to CA. My raised in a small town wife was very excited that she might run into some one famous. Just as we turned the corner to leave baggage pickup the cart she was pushing ran into the cart Walter Matthau was pushing.

Everyones bags went flying he started to laugh saying he was trying to get out of the airport with out the media seeing him but that was happening now. He insisted on helping pick up and restack the bags, seem like a real nice guy.

Years ago I seat next to Heather Locklear on a Southwest flight, turns out I worked with her cousin and she was very friendly. This was years before she started being in the news for getting in trouble.

Ted
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I ran into Nancy Sinatra at a restaurant in LA. As I was walking by I noticed her boots and I said to her: "Nice boots." She replied: "Thanks, they were made for walking."

I also ran into Paul Stanley of the rock band Kiss at a Deli on the same trip. I didn't say anything to him.

I also ran into both Linda Blair and Jerry Jones at a Honkey-Tonk in Dallas from some promotion in the early 90s. I spoke to Linda for a few minutes and she was very nice and down-to-earth and kinda' hot as well. Jerry Jones was also very nice, but I didn't speak to him for more than a few minutes.

And, once when I was a youngster visiting my uncle in LA, I met Adam West (Batman) - his son was a friend of my cousin and they attended the same grade school.

But generally, I could give a schidt about celebs. Most are vapid wh0res - both males and females.

Another story: Many years ago, my brother almost ran down Walter Matthau when rounding a corner on the way to my uncle's house in the Palisades. He raised his fist at my brother and cursed him.

Edit: I forgot to mention this one: Also in LA in 1992, I believe. Anyway, my brother met me there and my uncle took the family out to a very nice dinner. After dinner, my older cousin said she was going to a party and invited me and my brother and my brother's friend. We were very over dressed wearing suits and ties. Anyway the party tuned out to be at the new home of Taylor Negron (the pizza guy in the movie Fast Times at Ridgemont High). Well, I had a scowl on my face since my cousin had just brought us to a party full of flamers and I didn't want to be there. She took us over to meet Taylor and introductions were made. Taylor then looked us over and said as he pointed to my brother and his friend in turn: "this one is the joker, this one is the ___ (whatever, I can't remember)" and then, he paused and looked me over and said: "Don't [bleep] with this one, he's the one with the gun." Although he couldn't have known, I was indeed packing - I had my 1911 in a shoulder holster under my jacket.

Last edited by High_Noon; 01/16/19.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Years ago I was showing cattle in Phoenix and had to take the truck to the dealership for a repair. While I was waiting in the lobby drinking coffe a fella comes in and sits beside me, he asked me if I had been waiting very long. I looked over to answer and it was Uncle Alice Cooper. He was very nice and we chatted for about an hour until his car was ready.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Sometime in the early 2000's, my wife and I invited our friends Steve and Maria to go to a Penn State sports booster dinner/fundraiser. Joe Paterno and a couple of other coaches were scheduled to speak. We also asked Steve's parents to go as they were big PSU fans. They said 'No, we'll just be shoved off in some small room and only see everybody on a small screen."

Fast forward to the event, we're next in the line at the bar and someone taps me on the shoulder and asks if it would be OK if he cut in. I turned around and there is Paterno. We shot the breeze with him for a couple of minutes and then he got 2 double bourbons and went to sign autographs.

Dale

This space for rent

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Dean Martin circa 1971. In a bar. Bought me a drink.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Some good ones over the years.
Dallas to Seattle sat next to a Mr. Grosnenver (so) head of National Geographic magazine. Nice gent and very interesting.

Seattle to twin cities sat next to Bob Seger. Another nice guy, love his music.

Dallas to San Antonio sat next to Stone Cold Steve Austin, super nice guy and a lot bigger than he appears on tv

Los Angeles to Dallas sat next to Dolly Parton another super person who talked to everyone who came forward to meet her.

Los Angeles to Hong Kong, Stallone, Neilsen, Willis, Moore and others who filled up first class. They were going over to open a new Planet Hollywood in Hong Kong. Every one of them very engaging and courteous folks.

That’s it.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (160user, 1337Fungi, 10gaugemag, 219DW, 1badf350, 21, 50 invisible), 2,217 guests, and 1,196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,765
Posts18,476,713
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.