Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I met Johnny Cash in a diner in Eugene, Oregon in 1983. Shook his hand. He was having breakfast, it being around 9:00 am. I was drunk.

Nice fella.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by 5shot
Originally Posted by SBTCO
Since we're dropping names...

Drew Beldsoe, painted his wine seller when I was still in construction

Where's his place at?

In the Flathead Valley, MT.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've seen a few movie stars but I hardly consider them to be anything special. The only real celebrity I've ever seen was Ronald Reagan as he drove by in the presidentmobile.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
My wife and I had a nice conversation with Paul Newman in the lobby and then elevator of our hotel during the 1991 Phoenix F1 race. He was racing in the the Trans Am race. Raced against Craig T Nelson a number of times in endurance races.. Talked to Marsha Mason several time when she was racing her RX 7 in Seattle. Said hello to Clint Eastwood in Carmel in 1980.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I threw Obama out of my dorm room when I was a senior in college. He was in Law school with his first asian girl friend and was trying to get play from drunk girl right in front of her. I grabbed him by his scrawny little neck and picked him up and hauled him outside. We had Joshua Redman hitting jazz sets and our dorm room was cool as all hell.I also had an altercation with him in a pickup basketball game when he trying to drive the lane and I stayed home. He whined about that as well. He was a little priss then and he didn't change one bit. I got audited 7 times in 8 years when that azzhole was Prez. I received 15 grand in returns after Trump took over because those bloodsuckers were overzealous and my accountant noticed that they were wrong on each one of the returns.

.I knocked both Matt Damon and Andrew Shue(Billy from 90120) in two successive plays during a flag football game against Elliot House when they roughed up our female quarterback. She was legitimately good and helped us win the Coed Intramural championships and they clotheslined her. She was starting center on Women's hockey team got up and spit out a tooth. I told her I would "rekt" them up. They complained to the referees.

I drank beer with Kurt Cobain and Dave Grohl on one of their first tours to Boston and Kurt was really nice prior to Courtney Love.

I met Prince Charles and he was actually a very good guy when one of his royal rangers got lost and I had to go out and rescue him on a logging road. Princes Charles gave me an attaboy. I was pretty young at the time.

I saved Timothy Treadwell from getting eaten by a black bear sow and cubs in WSTE National park but I just postponed the end result.

I know many of the Alaska reality stars but that probably doesn't count. Krin is a co-worker and Ashley and Tyler Selden sell stuff out of our shop. Gary Green was my pilot and is a close friend.

I ran into most of those BRO hunting fellers at SW where I work in the camping when they head up to the Brooks Range. Michael Waddell, Shockey, Boddington, Most of them are pretty nice.

I dated Elizabeth Shue for about 1 month until she figured out that I wasn't one of "those" Kennedy but a poor Alaskan one. I had many conversations with Mira Sorvino who graduated in the same class as I did and was much more grounded than most people.

Last edited by kaboku68; 01/16/19.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
bumped into Jerry Seinfeld in a narrow hallway at work very early in morning pre-coffee....awkward little "how you doing"/"how you doing" exchange...

same/same with Paul Tibbets....and punched some elevator buttons for him

DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Andy Williams
Bob Hope
Jack Nicklas
Gary Player
Lee Trevino
Max Baer Jr.
^^^^All at La Costa Resort in Carlsbad, CA
However Gary Player, Lee Trevino, and Max Baer Jr. have all spent the night at my parents house while playing at the Colonial National Invitational.
Shot craps with Telley Savalas in Las Vegas, a real [bleep].
Shook hands with John F. Kennedy the night before he was assassinated at the Texas Hotel in Fort Worth.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Back in the early nineties I was in Dallas for a trade show. A buddy and I were heading up to our rooms on the elevator, discussing the worm (AKA Denis Rodman) in not terribly complimentary terms (the Spurs were in town for a playoff game)/ There was a third party in the elevator, a woman we didn't know. The elevator stops on the third floor and guess who walks on. That's right, the worm himself and a huge brother. Naturally all conversation ceased, and I was crapping down both legs thinking this lady has my life in her hands. She probably had no idea who he was. The worm and his buddy got off on the 7th floor, I went to the 8th and my buddy and I never discussed it again.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
In 1986 two of my high school friends and I bought a 32 foot sloop and were rowing the inflatable back to it from the grocery store in Marathon, Florida with enough provisions to spend three months in the Bahamas. It was a leaky Redcrest 10 footer and was piled high with groceries. The kind of dinghy that took one rowing, one bailing, and one pumping it with air to get anywhere. A motorboat blazed by us and almost swamped us. The driver made a big circle back and then slowed up to us to offer us a tow. He said, “towing isn’t going to work, put those groceries in here and I’ll take you where you are going”. He towed the empty dinghy back to our boat and then left us after we thanked him. It was Gary Burghoff who played Radar O’reilly on MASH. Noticed he has a crippled hand and later heard that he hides it in most of the MASH episodes behind a clipboard or whatever..

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I met a guy that took a dump in the house Deflave later lived in, in Havre.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B3

D
DW7 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Literally almost walked into Trump Jr at shot show last year. Why do all these guys have earpieces and American flags on their lapels? Oh Chit!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
I met a guy that took a dump in the house Deflave later lived in, in Havre.

I know a guy who drove across the country with his dog so it could take a dump under Clark’s rainbow painted birdhouse in Harve 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Decades ago I got really stoned with one of the original "Canned Heat" members.

Had Alan Hale come in and sit next to me and share a few drinks in a bar in Venice Beach.

Worked for actor Bruce McGill on his boat.

Did a job for Larry Elison's 184' yacht.

Recent photo of me working on Walton (Walmart) family's 281' yacht.

[Linked Image]

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
A group of us high schoolers from BFE towns in Alaska on a field trip were in Pittsburgh and ran into Mr Rogers. We harassed him enough he asked us to just leave him alone as he's done with that show. Poor fugger seemed perturbed.

Same trip I saw a genuine negro standing outside a Mellon Bank and got a picture.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Papa Pilgrim's wife cleans the engineering office I work in. Maybe not much of a "celebrity", but just a little awkward sometimes.....she don't say much.

Eat moose, burn spruce
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I met deflave in the middle of nowhere montucky...

Public landowner...
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Beansnbacon33
Originally Posted by stxhunter
ate lunch with Vincent Price, lubbock airport. my uncle and i had the only table with spare chairs. he asked if he could join us.

Campfire bs? That's pretty freaking awesome

No bs, my uncle is 2 yrs older than me,he is a big fan of his and was really excited. Price was a really tall man. it was 1980.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Too many to mention...

But if Leanwolf weighs in here, I'll take that as a sign to follow suit... laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Waiting to go on, in the wings of the stage at the Kennedy Center in DC, some Bob Hope honors thing, Raquel Welch came around the corner and ran into me. I was more amused than she was. Shorter than I thought, broader face, too. Lotta cleavage...

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by cv540
While working the 95th Harley Davidson anniversary in Milwaukee in plainclothes but with badge exposed, I stood backstage while ZZ Top came out and proceeded on stage to play. Into their second or third song a jovial fellow dressed in Harley attire came up to me and asked if I was with Milwaukee PD and how the event was going.
I asked him, "do you work for Harley?" He replied, "No, I'm Peter Fonda." I looked at him closer, and said, "well yes I guess you are."

I was passing thru Montana just on the west side of Billings, as the sun was going down....on I 94.. I slowly passed by an older Late 70s Jeep Grand Cherokee, when it hit me that the guy driving it looked like Peter Fonda.... I let off the gas peddle so he pulled up next to me and I guess I was starring at him....I was thinking God does that guy look like Peter Fonda....Suddenly he looks paranoid and hit the gas peddle and took off at about 90... there was little traffic on the road at the time...

as he pulled away, his Montana license plate as E Z Rider...

kinda verified I was right... on the other hand I thought.. if you are Peter Fonda and want to hang a low profile, having that for a license plate isn't a bright idea.

I think if you travel enough... running into a celeb or two is something that just ends up happening...
Starring seems to be a natural reaction as your mind is trying to process you are actually seeing a celeb.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

169 members (1eyedmule, 007FJ, 1_deuce, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 204guy, 25 invisible), 2,059 guests, and 1,038 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,079
Posts18,501,616
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.