Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I worked at the airport DTW in Michigan for a long time, met talked to alot of diffrent cels. but one night after work, was on afternoons, went to a Hole in the wall Bar down in Wyandotte, Strohs Signture beer had just come out! So I ordered one to try was alright, Leon Spinks the boxer came in with two white guys! I went o take a piss, the door to the restroom stuck some times, you had to hit it to get it to pop open, I did that as i exited door went like 4 " and hit something, yep smacked old Leon with it, the former Champ just Laughed and said that he had been hit alot harder that that! we talked a few mins told him I again I was sorry! my buddys were wondering where! I was. told them what happaned. Most of the 16-18 people in the bar had bought the Champ beer the Strohs Sig. they got up to leave and Leon picked up about 8 of them have set them down in front of me, said they were for knock out Laughed and walked out.! the next afternoon, I was telling 2 other buddies about the night before, they were like yea sure, went to the Allen Park bar for some beer and Lunch, well here comes Old Leon with the same two white guys, same cloths ect. been partying all night! I yelled watch out for the restroom Door! the Former Champ came over Said Hi, bought us a round, Man had the biggest hands Iv ever seen! Yea I used to go to alot of bars, back in the Day!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Shared an elevator with Big Kenny of Big and Rich at the Mandalay Bay Hotel in Vegas. He isn't that big, just bigger than John Rich. Said see you later when I got off the elevator and he responded with a big smile. We did see B&R and Gretchen Wilson later that night in concert.

Dennis Weaver at a gas station in Grand Junction, CO. Said hi and wife got a picture.

This was really funny. My FIL had open heart surgery at Huntington Memorial Hospital in Pasadena, CA. We are in the waiting room and in walks Cathy Lee Crosby (gorgeous) and Joe Theisman. My idiot BIL sees her and asks Theisman, is that Cathy Lee Crosby? Theisman says, I don;t know, maybe you should ask. So he does, gets an affirmative asks for an autograph etc. and they get on an elevator to go see whoever. I then ask idiot BIL if he knew who the guy was, he says no so I tell him. He doesn't believe me but the family gathered there and a few other people are all laughing at his dumb ass.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Saw Air Force 1 in the sky over Portland about 2010 in the middle of the day. 'Though clear, the sky was dark that day.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Ken Curtis (in character as Festus) at a rodeo when I was a kid. I guess this wasn't accidental though since I had a ticket and he was supposed to be there to meet the kids.

Little Richard at a Piccadilly cafeteria.

Last edited by mathman; 01/17/19.
RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ted Nugent at a gun show in TX

I allowed Michael Keaton to take cuts in front of me at the Bozeman, MT airport.

Had conversions with Justice Scalia, Gen Mattis, Steve Forbes, Geraldo Rivera, Jerry Glanville, Larry Brown (MVP Super Bowl), Drew Brees, Mark Wahlberg and a few others. Most of these happened when I was in military.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

IC B2

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Sitting at a red light in Atlanta and Erik Estrada walked in front of the car, my buddy and I couldn't believe it. We rolled down the window and Erik just turned around and gave us that big smile.

My granddad got me a autograph from Larry Bird after bumping into him at an airport.

That's really it outside of meeting a few musicians like Vai, Wylde, and Mustaine...but in those situations we were attempting to be at the right place at the right time and it worked out.

Last edited by killerv; 01/17/19.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Well only some of us realize it but back in 2008 Barack O'bama f**ked all of us in the butt.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by mathman
Ken Curtis (in character as Festus) at a rodeo when I was a kid.

He use to do the Lea County Fair Rodeo as the entertainment and would stay with the Campbell family down the street from our house. Got to meet and eat with him several times. He had some really good stories about some of the adventures they had filming the Ripcord show. He was an all round nice friendly guy.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Dad was career Air Force to his retirement 1966. I got to meet a lot of WWII and Korea heroes.

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Around 1988, I was having dinner with a young lady at the International Crossroads (Sheraton) in Mahwah, NJ. Phil Rizzuto and his wife were seated at a table next to us. He was coming back from a ballgame in Boston. We exchanged pleasantries. Seemed like a great guy.

I had a beer with Johnny Ramone of the punk band "The Ramones " just before a performance in Middletown, NY sometime in the mid to late 80's. He was hesitant at first to join my buddies and I at the table but he did. We bought him a beer and just chilled for 15 minutes or so, we just sat back and enjoyed the beer.

Dan

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Saw Air Force 1 in the sky over Portland about 2010 in the middle of the day. 'Though clear, the sky was dark that day.

That was O. He then took a helicopter to Hillsboro airport, then a limo to Intel (Ronler Acres I think). At the time we lived about a 1/4 mile from HIO. Lot's of helicopters and security about that day.

Carpe' Scrotum
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
One of the "most fun" meetings with a celebrity was at the Cotton Bowl on 01JAN79 that I attended with my (then fiancee) Sandra. - She simply cannot whisper quietly, as her soprano voice "carries" very well.
(Sandra could have been a professional singer on Broadway, rather than a speech pathologist/mother. - Her voice is THAT powerful, rich & melodious.)

Shortly after "kick-off", she leaned over to me & said, "Honey, check out the man sitting next to me. Do you know who he looks like'?"

A deep voice said, Young lady, I AM who I look like." = It was Harland Sanders, AKA: Colonel Sanders of fried chicken fame.

Ever time Houston made any positive "football move", even a first down, it was HARD to tell whether it was COL Sanders or my fiancee who was SCREAMING louder for the Houston Cougars.
(BOTH, I believe were "frustrated cheerleaders" at heart.)
CHUCKLE.

NICE GUY was the late Mr. Sanders.

yours, tex

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I sat down at the bar at the Ramada in Charleston, WV and Leslie Neilsen sat down next to me. He is hilarious. Nice guy.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Got on an elevator in Chicago with Michael Jordan, super nice guy...…..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Elvin Bishop, and some other rock stars briefly during the short gig I worked for WEA ( Warner Elektra Atlantic) in Chicago

Came close but no cigar to meeting Brad Pitt ( we grew up in same area ) and Arnold Schwarzenegger, they flew in to hoity toity fishing lodges using the same flight service that flew me into do my grubby guiding job outa Dillingham. They’d park their private jets at the other end of the runway.

Freshwater Air was who did our flying, father son combo Phil the dad and his son Lester. Phil was salt of the earth and I loved the guy May he RIP.

He flew Arnold, Maria and their kids to their fishing Lodge in a 1942 Grumman goose. Arnold took the copilot seat. During the flight Arnold kept grabbing his kids from the back and holding them on his lap so they could see out the front. Phil told him he couldn’t do that. Arnold just ignored him and kept on. We all gave Phil a ration of chit for not whipping Arnold’s azz when they landed. 😂Phil was prolly in his 60’s back then and Arnold was in his prime prolly 40 something.

Celebrities don’t do much for me, for the life of me I’ve never understood autographs 🤷🏻‍♂️

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Al Gore pulled on my arm back in 88.

hmmm, with every one else, he pulled their leg.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I met Ted Dibiasi (million dollar man wrestler), but I hate rasslin, so didn't say much of anything.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
When I was a teenager I caddied for a guy in Johnny Millers group at a local pro -am. Later that day I got to talk with Arnold Palmer and get his autograph.
A couple of years later I was in an elevator and Eve Plumb got on, I tried to play it cool, but am sure that I came off as the dork that I was!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have got all of you beat, I had breakfast with none other than 12344mag alias Toby!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by champlain_islander
I met Bernie Sanders once at a diner in Burlington Vt. I got up and left.

I passed him on Church St. once, same time frame. I have always thought that I missed my chance to punch him in the nose. So sad, what happened to VT.

Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

191 members (308xray, 2ndwind, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 300_savage, 264mag, 23 invisible), 14,349 guests, and 1,100 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,228
Posts18,543,963
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.