-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Another life spent fighting for ungodly causes. Good bye Ruth.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Originally Posted by stxhunter
i take no joy in a person dying, hope she passes peacefully.

I agree,
I want her out of her seat. Now.

But I would prefer to see her retire and enjoy life for a decade. (Quietly)

She deserves not one day of enjoyment from the USofA. She fought its constitution all the way to her grave.

She seems to be quite fond of South Africa's constitution, even touting it as being superior to ours. I would suggest she spends the rest of her days in that schitthole rather than here in the US at our expense.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by cfran
Perhaps a moderate candidate in exchange for wall funding. .

Trump / moderate?
Surely, you jest!
That is a good thing for US, btw. smile

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by steve4102

Nope.

There will be no SC Justices appointed during a Presidential Election year. So says the Biden Rule and so says McConnell.

Nope, McConnell has already publicly stated that only applies to a second term. lame duck president.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by curdog4570
You saying Jews don’t go to heaven?

I, personally, don't hold strict religious views - but, I don't believe that particular jew will go to heaven. Just my opinion. God knows, I don't.
I just believe she's caused much harm to my beloved country.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by weagle

Nope.

There will be no SC Justices appointed during a Presidential Election year. So says the Biden Rule and so says McConnell.

Nope, McConnell has already publicly stated that only applies to a second term. lame duck president.

Really, show us his words.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Nope.

That's my take on it too.

Besides, what would Harry Reid (or Chuck Schumer) do?

This is the SCOTUS. We cannot play nice while the Dems fight tooth and nail, hook or by crook. If RBG bows out, Trump should appoint and Senate should confirm STAT. What are they gonna do? B!tch MORE than they are already? Connive MORE? Plot MORE?

Please.

We cannot pass up a chance of that magnitude to placate and appease those who will thereafter rub it in our faces.

Elections have consequences, remember? The Senate is ours. Don't squander it.

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Something in the wind.
Just Google her name and look at the top results.

Cancelling Feb. speaking events.
And lots of "what if's"

She's hanging on to that seat by a silk thread

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just for shiggles:

What are the chances that Reid or Schumer would follow the "Biden rule" if the situation were reversed?

They would shove the most leftist pick they could find down our throats in short order if they had the White House and the Senate. Consequences and political backlash be damned. Anybody still talking about the Kavanaugh confirmation hearings? NO!

The pick is in, LONG after the b!tching has faded from memory.

Politics is hardball. You win some you lose some. Merrick Garland and the Dems lost the battle for Scalia's seat, and good on Turtle for playing things the right way for once. RBG lost her bet that Hillary would win and would appoint her successor. Tough.

If we get another opportunity to place a SCOTUS justice, and we defer where the Dems SAH wouldn't, then we deserve what we get.

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RickBin

Nope.

That's my take on it too.

This is the SCOTUS. We cannot play nice while the Dems fight tooth and nail, hook or by crook. If RBG bows out, Trump should appoint and Senate should confirm STAT. What are they gonna do? B!tch MORE than they are already? Connive MORE? Plot MORE?

Please.

We cannot pass up a chance of that magnitude to placate and appease those who will thereafter rub it in our faces.

Elections have consequences, remember? The Senate is ours. Don't squander it.
this, I felt I was reading a novel

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Just for shiggles:

What are the chances that Reid or Schumer would follow the "Biden rule" if the situation were reversed?

They would shove the most leftist pick they could find down our throats in short order if they had the White House and the Senate. Consequences and political backlash be damned. Anybody still talking about the Kavanaugh confirmation hearings? NO!

The pick is in, LONG after the b!tching has faded from memory.

Politics is hardball. You win some you lose some. Merrick Garland and the Dems lost the battle for Scalia's seat, and good on Turtle for playing things the right way for once. RBG lost her bet that Hillary would win and would appoint her successor. Tough.

If we get another opportunity to place a SCOTUS justice, and we defer where the Dems SAH wouldn't, then we deserve what we get.

None, but the Republicans and especially McConnell don't see it that way. They want to be loved, loved by the Media and they just want to get along. They have no stomach for trench warfare and they continually get eaten alive and played for fools by the Democrats.

Last edited by steve4102; 01/17/19.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
https://www.inquisitr.com/5254187/ruth-bader-ginsburg-fights-for-her-life-with-pneumonia-dodgy-website-claims/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+google%2FyDYq+%28The+Inquisitr+-+News%29&utm_content=Yahoo+Search+Results

"Believe half of what you see and nothing of what you hear" ...........

H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
Ginsburg isn't fighting for life; she'd kill several thousand babies tomorrow if she had a ruling for such...

On that note: why would anyone give a fug about HER life?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

They can never be appeased or placated.................it's all out war & there are no rules.

Even if their were rules, the DemonRats would make new one or break them anyway.

Fu^ck 'em............hard.

MM

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The "Biden Rule," moreover, was perpetuated in a circumstance when George Bush was president, and the Dems had the Senate. Biden was the Chairman of the Sen Judiciary Committee, and he was using his political leverage as a member of the majority to tell GHWB that even if a pick became available (it wasn't at the time), and if GHWB decided to nominate a SCOTUS justice during a Pres election year, that the Senate should "refuse to confirm."

Nice zig. If you have the majority.

Republicans have the majority now. DJT doesn't need the Dems. Following a rule propagated by Dems for their advantage when they were the majority, to our DETRIMENT when WE have the majority is lunacy. Especially as regards a SCOTUS pick!

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
MontanaMan: Like the hundreds of mornings that have just preceded tomorrow morning - I will wake up and thank God that Donald J. Trump IS the President of the United States of America - and the hildabeast IS NOT!
I feel righteous about all the hatred I have for virtually every demonrat Federal politician and demonrat appointed judge!
In fact I want the hatred I have for those demonrats to GROW!
It will intensify my efforts to defeat them at the ballot box and ridicule them in person any and every chance I get.
The demonrats are unified and are playing hardball while the Republicans are still stuck in "play fair" and the "Golden Rule" mentality - whilst getting their asses kicked on far to many occasions!
Again I wish the notorious rbg no ill will I pray she will somehow, someway, be ousted from the Supreme Court of the United States - and the SOONER the BETTER!
GO TRUMP
MAGA
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And as much as I hate to link to the NYT:

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/23/...elaying-supreme-court-picks-in-1992.html

Where this quote appears:

“Some critics say that one excerpt of my speech is evidence that I oppose filling a Supreme Court vacancy in an election year,” Mr. Biden said. “This is not an accurate description of my views on the subject.”

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

LOL
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
I do not wish suffering on anyone, not even RBG.

I do. How many babies have her acts helped tear the hearts and brains out of.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
And as much as I hate to link to the NYT:

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/23/...elaying-supreme-court-picks-in-1992.html

Where this quote appears:

“Some critics say that one excerpt of my speech is evidence that I oppose filling a Supreme Court vacancy in an election year,” Mr. Biden said. “This is not an accurate description of my views on the subject.”

Who cares what Biden says, but all in all, not a bad post. Maybe you should do it more often. cool

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

Who's Online Now
532 members (163bc, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 219DW, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 63 invisible), 2,562 guests, and 1,138 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,484
Posts18,529,719
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.