Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by RickBin
Just for shiggles:

What are the chances that Reid or Schumer would follow the "Biden rule" if the situation were reversed?

They would shove the most leftist pick they could find down our throats in short order if they had the White House and the Senate. Consequences and political backlash be damned. Anybody still talking about the Kavanaugh confirmation hearings? NO!

The pick is in, LONG after the b!tching has faded from memory.

Politics is hardball. You win some you lose some. Merrick Garland and the Dems lost the battle for Scalia's seat, and good on Turtle for playing things the right way for once. RBG lost her bet that Hillary would win and would appoint her successor. Tough.

If we get another opportunity to place a SCOTUS justice, and we defer where the Dems SAH wouldn't, then we deserve what we get.

My understanding of that rule is that it only applies to a President who is ineligible to be reelected and whose time is nearly up. A second term coming to a close...

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've been one of Trump's supporters for a long time. That said, I fear that he is either unable or unwilling to appoint somebody decent. Look at Barr. I really fear his signing Red Flag legislation and also universal background checks. At this point, who knows? Maybe even another AWB. With the Senate only hanging by a slender thread with Romney and other dickweasel Republicans...I dunno. I hope Trump stands tall...but his record is damaged by the whole bump stock thing. The NRA is MIA or worse yet, sleeping with the enemy, yet again.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by weagle
Originally Posted by steve4102

Nope.

There will be no SC Justices appointed during a Presidential Election year. So says the Biden Rule and so says McConnell.

Nope, McConnell has already publicly stated that only applies to a second term. lame duck president.

That's my take on it too.

Besides, what would Harry Reid (or Chuck Schumer) do?

This is the SCOTUS. We cannot play nice while the Dems fight tooth and nail, hook or by crook. If RBG bows out, Trump should appoint and Senate should confirm STAT. What are they gonna do? B!tch MORE than they are already? Connive MORE? Plot MORE?

Please.

We cannot pass up a chance of that magnitude to placate and appease those who will thereafter rub it in our faces.

Elections have consequences, remember? The Senate is ours. Don't squander it.

ABSO-FLIPPIN-LUTELY!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Originally Posted by stxhunter
i take no joy in a person dying, hope she passes peacefully.

I agree,
I want her out of her seat. Now.

But I would prefer to see her retire and enjoy life for a decade. (Quietly)

There is NO "quietly" with a committed liberal SJW, she just needs to die, and right quick at that. Painful or peaceful, just die...

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I've witnessed too many family members die of cancer to wish anyone else suffering from it would "hurry up and die." I felt that way about McCain, and I feel that way about Ginsburg. It's just a matter of time, and those things don't need to be rushed, because I've always felt it could come back to haunt me.

But, just as I felt that the death of McCain was better for the country, I think RBG's will be as well. It will give Trump the chance to put his third nominee on the SCOTUS, and it probably result in the meltdown of the Democrats and their allies in the media. The only drawback......Trump must not cut any deals with anyone on his next pick, they need to be even more conservative than Scalia was.

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
The "Biden Rule," moreover, was perpetuated in a circumstance when George Bush was president, and the Dems had the Senate. Biden was the Chairman of the Sen Judiciary Committee, and he was using his political leverage as a member of the majority to tell GHWB that even if a pick became available (it wasn't at the time), and if GHWB decided to nominate a SCOTUS justice during a Pres election year, that the Senate should "refuse to confirm."

Nice zig. If you have the majority.

Republicans have the majority now. DJT doesn't need the Dems. Following a rule propagated by Dems for their advantage when they were the majority, to our DETRIMENT when WE have the majority is lunacy. Especially as regards a SCOTUS pick!

And as much as I hate to link to the NYT:

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/23/...elaying-supreme-court-picks-in-1992.html

Where this quote appears:

“Some critics say that one excerpt of my speech is evidence that I oppose filling a Supreme Court vacancy in an election year,” Mr. Biden said. “This is not an accurate description of my views on the subject.”

Doesn't matter. McConnell used it to block the nomination of Obama's last year pick Garland.

As we all know McConnell is afraid of the Media and wants to be loved by both the Media and his colleagues on the left. To "keep the integrity of the Senate in tact" He will follow the Democrats wishes/demands and keep the Biden Rule intact.

He is doing this with the "Blue Slip" rule and the 60 vote cloture rule. He will not step outside the Senate rules whether they are official rules or just precedence. He won't go Nuclear, he won't recide the Blue Slip rule and he will use the Biden Rule. After all he is a man of Integrity.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Just for shiggles:

What are the chances that Reid or Schumer would follow the "Biden rule" if the situation were reversed?

They would shove the most leftist pick they could find down our throats in short order if they had the White House and the Senate. Consequences and political backlash be damned. Anybody still talking about the Kavanaugh confirmation hearings? NO!

The pick is in, LONG after the b!tching has faded from memory.

Politics is hardball. You win some you lose some. Merrick Garland and the Dems lost the battle for Scalia's seat, and good on Turtle for playing things the right way for once. RBG lost her bet that Hillary would win and would appoint her successor. Tough.

If we get another opportunity to place a SCOTUS justice, and we defer where the Dems SAH wouldn't, then we deserve what we get.

Agree 1000% on everything you wrote, spot on sir!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
since dying seems the only way she will leave the bench, she can't die soon enough for me.

Sam......

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
since dying seems the only way she will leave the bench, she can't die soon enough for me.

Same here. Maybe she just won’t wake up soon.

On the other hand, in the case of McCain and Reid, a very slow and painful death was/would be appropriate.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by 12344mag
The democrat plan of having Hitlery picking her replacement was a poor one although quite typical as far as democrat plans go.

My question is who here has an account on democreep underground to post the story???

Now that Ruth has foolishly stayed another two years in the SCOTUS Hillary can be credited with yet another kill upon her passing, and Trump with another good conservative judge.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B3

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Mannlicher: Its looking more and more like you are correct in contending that is the only way the notorious rbg will leave the bench is, if death intervenes.
I will have to say this I have been watching the television off and on for the last day and a half and no one seems to be reporting on the pneumonia situation with rbg!
Maybe she is not 'seriously ill" - hard to figure what is truthful or not in todays media.
Voting from her home or from her death bed on serious matters regarding the constitutionality of matters before the Supreme Court doesn't sound "responsible" to me.
Maybe I will try to call the "notorious rbg" on the phone and see how she's getting along/sounding?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dan_Chamberlain

My understanding of that rule is that it only applies to a President who is ineligible to be reelected and whose time is nearly up. A second term coming to a close...

It's whatever those in power want it to be.

Carpe' Scrotum
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’m betting Amy Barret is already packing her bags. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
I’m betting Amy Barret is already packing her bags. Hasbeen

Hopefully the liberals are following suit!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by JamesJr
I've witnessed too many family members die of cancer to wish anyone else suffering from it would "hurry up and die." I felt that way about McCain, and I feel that way about Ginsburg. It's just a matter of time, and those things don't need to be rushed, because I've always felt it could come back to haunt me.

But, just as I felt that the death of McCain was better for the country, I think RBG's will be as well. It will give Trump the chance to put his third nominee on the SCOTUS, and it probably result in the meltdown of the Democrats and their allies in the media. The only drawback......Trump must not cut any deals with anyone on his next pick, they need to be even more conservative than Scalia was.

I too have seen cancer far too many times to wish it on anybody.

In many cases it was the pneumonia that struck the final blow.

"Hurry up and die" doesn't sound very Christian to me...

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I'm saying by groundhogs day.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Originally Posted by JamesJr

I too have seen cancer far too many times to wish it on anybody.

In many cases it was the pneumonia that struck the final blow.

"Hurry up and die" doesn't sound very Christian to me...

+1 , that said a watched pot never boils

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Won’t be long now! Another day closer!

Fück Joe byron
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

It’s possible she actually died a month ago or so and they’re keeping her hooked up to a life support system in hopes of taking the WH in 2020.

Last edited by tpcollins; 01/18/19.
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

524 members (01Foreman400, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 68 invisible), 2,444 guests, and 1,169 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,699
Posts18,513,711
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.