Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Over the years I've got to where I prefer wallets that zipper closed. I feel the zipper is added safety that contents won't accidentally fall out as I know by the location of the zipper pull when closed which side is up. I just replaced my old 5-6 year old one with the same brand and style new one. These past two wallets were both Alpine Swiss brand bought at Amazon. Good quality 'grained' leather and well constructed but no idea where were manufactured.

As one would expect eventually the zippers starts to fail but I don't mind that though as 5 - 6 years is about as long as any wallets I've ever had have lasted. It has more than enough card slots for my needs and a full length divider in the currency section. The only thing they lack is a wallet photo thingy for carrying pictures of grand kids but I just buy one of those separate for a couple of bucks.

As always.YMMV...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by deflave
You misspelled "handbag."

Thought it was spelled "fanny pack".

Purse. He's a douche .

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This guy will make you whatever you want out of elephant skin.

http://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2711043/m/3411002742

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Have one made of stingray leather. Some guy in the Virgin Islands makes them. 17 years and still going.

V
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
V
The wife got tired of looking at my worn out wallet and gave me a new one for Christmas. It came from Russells for Men, which is evidently associated with A.G. Russells Knives since a gift card, worth $4.00, for a future knife purchase from them. The wallet she gave me was the Alligator one and it was much more than I would have paid for a wallet but it is surely well made.

https://russellsformen.com/category/wallets

IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Check Rogue Industries
I have one of their front pocket wallets, made of moose hide
Been carrying my wallet in front pocket for years, this one is the best for that.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by BALLISTIK
I'm due for a new wallet. Looking for quality leather craft, hopefully American made. Two-fold, holding 4-6 plastics.
These are outstanding.. US-made, and you won't find one better for the price.

http://leathergoodsconnection.com/

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I bought a bifold that holds 6 cards from Hanks belts. Made of bison leather.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Have been carrying front pocket only for the last few years - just a small bifold with DL, a little cash and 4-5 cards.

I was looking at these guys but haven't tried one yet. Seems like a pretty cool concept...

https://recycledfirefighter.com/collections/wallets

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Fold your money in your front pocket, credit card and DL in off side hip pocket, LCP in walllet.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by Westman
Originally Posted by dukxdog
I have an elephant hide wallet from "Will" on Accurate Reloading. Toughest wallet ever made. It will last a lifetime. I love mine!

This. I also bought one from him a few years back and it wears like iron. I think they are worth the money.

+3 or 4 ... Good guy to deal with. I am 6 to 7 years into my elephant wallet. Zero defects. 100% satisfaction.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Check out Colonel Littleton.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Just wore through the first layer a decade or two ago

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

LOL
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Originally Posted by Deer Turd
Have been carrying front pocket only for the last few years - just a small bifold with DL, a little cash and 4-5 cards.

I was looking at these guys but haven't tried one yet. Seems like a pretty cool concept...

https://recycledfirefighter.com/collections/wallets

^^^^^

This, I’ve had the front pocket version of this for a while now. Handy and it is built to last. Takes a while to brake it in.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Bought one this summer. Look for one made of BUFFALO HIDE. Seam to last

If you hunt with your kids. You should not have to hunt for your kids.
G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
I got a wallet made from a beavertail, it's heavy duty and wears like iron. a guy in idaho made it. You can get em dyed black or natural color.

Don't limit your challenges
Challenge your limits
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I bought a bifold from Saddleback Leather a few months ago that I like. Heavy leather. But made in Mexico.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by joken2

Over the years I've got to where I prefer wallets that zipper closed. I feel the zipper is added safety that contents won't accidentally fall out as I know by the location of the zipper pull when closed which side is up. I just replaced my old 5-6 year old one with the same brand and style new one. These past two wallets were both Alpine Swiss brand bought at Amazon. Good quality 'grained' leather and well constructed but no idea where were manufactured.

As one would expect eventually the zippers starts to fail but I don't mind that though as 5 - 6 years is about as long as any wallets I've ever had have lasted. It has more than enough card slots for my needs and a full length divider in the currency section. The only thing they lack is a wallet photo thingy for carrying pictures of grand kids but I just buy one of those separate for a couple of bucks.

As always.YMMV...

They have these things called smart phones you could keep a couple hundred pictures on you know.

Last edited by smarquez; 01/19/19.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by smarquez
Originally Posted by joken2

As always.YMMV...

hey have these things called smart phones you could keep a couple hundred pictures on you know.

If you prefer the zipper style check out Mission Wallets. I've been using them for over a decade working all over the world. I carry a Small Sebenza and a Fisher Space Pen in mine:

Mission Wallets

You can no more tell someone how to do something you've never done, than you can come back from somewhere you've never been...
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1234, 12344mag, 57 invisible), 2,278 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,393
Posts18,488,781
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.