Nice shooting, looks cold there too.

GB1

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Hiaring8
Im taking the Tikka, the NF, and the 139 scenars out this weekend and will see about putting together an official entry for this.

Excellent. I was hoping you were going to join in on all the fun grin

I'll shoot this challenge Saturday, have 22 rounds for the little Swede left, I'll fire a couple foulers, then let her rip, i hit it with Wipeout after season this year.

Trump Won!
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Good luck gunner. Im going tomorrow. Weather looks pretty good for once. Im hoping the Tikka shines grin

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Good luck gunner. Im going tomorrow. Weather looks pretty good for once. Im hoping the Tikka shines grin

Thanks, and good luck to you too Buddy, I'll e-mail you the results, good or bad! grin

Trump Won!
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Hey Gunner, you'll get a kick out of this one. I know you've had your fair share of accidents, but as a general rule, I try to avoid them at all costs... Well today, I got to test my SWFA SS 16x like Formid and stick does. Did the ol RTZ test from off the bench... Damn barrel heavy Savage... shocked Any bets as to whether the SWFA survived??? Anyone? grin I shot these groups before my Savage decided to take a nose dive off the bench. Luckily I had these 20 shots on target before that happened...:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
sick

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Unless it can survive being heaved onto rocks several times, not just dropped, it's a POS.

Politics is War by Other Means
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Hey Gunner, you'll get a kick out of this one. I know you've had your fair share of accidents, but as a general rule, I try to avoid them at all costs... Well today, I got to test my SWFA SS 16x like Formid and stick does. Did the ol RTZ test from off the bench... Damn barrel heavy Savage... shocked Any bets as to whether the SWFA survived??? Anyone? grin I shot these groups before my Savage decided to take a nose dive off the bench. Luckily I had these 20 shots on target before that happened...:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
sick

Did it hold zero?

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
LOL, no step for a stepper, sure it will survive, I've read it here a million times, it's a "fixed/fu-k super-chicken!" grin

BTW, nice shooting buddy.

Trump Won!
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Hondo64d

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
sick

Did it hold zero?

John

Not really:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

The ocular was hit as well, and now it is loose and wiggles. When moving it, I can see a 5 moa shift in movement downrange. I love the scope, it was definitely "my bad". If some think it's a chitty scope, that is their opinion.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Unless it can survive being heaved onto rocks several times, not just dropped, it's a POS.

Trybone,

What were the "odds",that besides being a Clueless Fhuqk...you are also a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit? Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart for TRYING.

Hint.

Laughing!.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Alright guys, here's an entry from gunner. Great shooting buddy!!!!

6.5x55 Rifle on bench and range in the background:
[Linked Image]

Target pic with 2 10 shot groups on it with an average of .774" and .739 moa. I think he kicked my azz, even with my best score of .798 MOA....:
[Linked Image]

Target pics with caliper laid next to groups for reference:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Very well done sir. Thanks for participating my friend...

Last edited by bsa1917hunter; 01/26/19.

BSA MAGA
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Well thank You Sir, and many Thanks for posting the pics. smile

The rifle is built on an 09 DWM 98 Mauser action, barrel is a Shilen I bought off MidwayUSA, finished at 26", my 'Smith is an old retired Mil/Sheriff/SWAT/Sniper guy that LOVES Mausers, he went all out on this build, stock is a pillar bedded and floated Bansner with a 14" LOP, lapped and bedded Talley lightweights, scope is a 300 dollar Cameraland special, Minox ZA-5 2.10x40 with standard duplex reticle, Timney trigger breaks at 1lb.

I named this rifle 'ladybug' for the shape of the three shot groups it provides with no wind, with these gotdamn 10 shot groups i'll have to rename her 'fuzzy fuggin caterpillar' ; ]

Thanks again friend, it was a blast!

Trump Won!
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Ha ha. Sounds like a damn nice build and it shoots great.

BSA MAGA
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
It's a little sweetheart of a rifle, one of those a man will always keep.

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Sorry for my sloppy hen scratching, .761" and .786" smile

Trump Won!
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by gunner500
Sorry for my sloppy hen scratching, .761" and .786" smile

Oops. That means my math is wrong. I thought that was .756". Ill make a correction. Done..^^^ .739 MOA..

BSA MAGA
M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M

Not gunna win any beauty contests with this showing, but I'm tired of bsa having all the fun.....soooo...

243 Ruger Precision
SWFA
105's
Lapua brass
Some Gunpowder
Primers

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

1.117"
0.751"

0.934" avg.....all day long if I do my part

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Road to our range is damn ice skating rink. You guys in the lower 48 lucky too have nice ranges

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
It was 75 today....made my armpits sweaty......turned the AC on for the ride home.

CA boys are sissys....

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by m1919

Not gunna win any beauty contests with this showing, but I'm tired of bsa having all the fun.....soooo...

243 Ruger Precision
SWFA
105's
Lapua brass
Some Gunpowder
Primers

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

1.117"
0.751"

0.934" avg.....all day long if I do my part

Nice shooting my friend. I like how you are zeroed up on that red dot. Hitting it damn near every time. Ill take a 1 moa all day long rifle like that any day of the week. You know, back in the day (lets say a century ago, to be more exact), benchrest competitors used what they called a "string length" to measure group size, and it was measured with one end of a string placed at the center of the bullseye and the other end to each bullet hole. Each string length was added up and that was your "string length" score. This was way back in the day when hitting what you were aiming at was important. Again, good shooting!!!

BSA MAGA
Page 18 of 46 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 45 46

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

609 members (160user, 1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 66 invisible), 2,263 guests, and 1,293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,695
Posts18,494,170
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.