Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BuzzH

Put on the readers old timer...

“Congress shall immediately pass universal legislation providing for a timely and orderly mechanism requiring the federal government to convey certain federally controlled public lands to states. We call upon all national and state leaders and representatives to exert their utmost power and influence to urge the transfer of those lands, identified in the review process, to all willing states for the benefit of the states and the nation as a whole. The residents of state and local communities know best how to protect the land where they work and live.”

Besides being younger than you, when I quote something, I'll post a link so that people can read the entire item, and it's relevance.

Flave is spot on about you you as well.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Oh, and speaking of fear mongering old timer....you would know it when you see it, no arguing that.

After 8 years of Obama and Soros (Your benefactor), we damn well ought to recognize it.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Crockettnj
Originally Posted by deflave
I've stated more than once they are not our friends.

I do enjoy Rinella's show but if you listen to him in podcasts he's way off base on more than one thing and one of his producer's is an outright POS.

I don't trust anything associated with this conglomerate. They're playing the long game and the long game is (IMO) securing support of hunters so they can rub out ranchers and the harvesting of natural resources.

After that, they'll turn on hunters.

This guy is correct.

Yep.

That's the tunnel getting narrower and narrower.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Crockettnj
Originally Posted by deflave
I've stated more than once they are not our friends.

I do enjoy Rinella's show but if you listen to him in podcasts he's way off base on more than one thing and one of his producer's is an outright POS.

I don't trust anything associated with this conglomerate. They're playing the long game and the long game is (IMO) securing support of hunters so they can rub out ranchers and the harvesting of natural resources.

After that, they'll turn on hunters.

This guy is correct.

Yep.

That's the tunnel getting narrower and narrower.

Don't jump when you see your shadow in that tunnel.

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B

Oh, and speaking of fear mongering old timer....you would know it when you see it, no arguing that.

After 8 years of Obama and Soros (Your benefactor), we damn well ought to recognize it.

You panhandle fear enough to know, that's a fact.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Buzz, you only come here to defend your POS organization and spread lies. Just as bad as Piddler. Or worse.

After seeing what the liberals have openly done to our country, I could not possibly spread enough hate and fear of them to do any good. All any American has to do is watch the news. It's in the open daily. If people have not seen that by now, then shame on them.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
BuzzH is a screaming, elitist, I know better than you type. In short a liberal POS with a deer mount in his great room.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B

After seeing what the liberals have openly done to our country, I could not possibly spread enough hate and fear of them to do any good. All any American has to do is watch the news. It's in the open daily. If people have not seen that by now, then shame on them.

Wait, what? I thought the news was all "fake"?

Maybe spend that hour, between oatmeal time and Matlock reruns, getting your story straight old timer...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I actually am very glad you come here to defend your POS organization.

Each and every time you do, there are more and more people that see the truth about it, and denounce it.

You think you are helping your cause, but in reality, only speed up the downward spiral.

Testor will ultimately be your Waterloo though. Lots of people with their wits about them saw what happened.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Steelhead
BuzzH is a screaming, elitist, I know better than you type. In short a liberal POS with a deer mount in his great room.

Liberal POS is spot on.

Just another lyin’ assweasel with a hidden agenda.

Liberalism defined.

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Blowing it right out of your a$$ as usual.

Nothing screams elitist more than coming from a family that made its living working in the wood products industry, railroad, etc. in a State dependent on Natural Resource extraction. No, unlike you, I've never forgotten my roots and where my family came from. They, like me, have always been staunch supporters of public lands where the hard-working families not only derived their living from, but also recreated on.

In your simple mind those two things have to be mutual exclusively, for those with history in Western States, they most certainly are not. We learned long ago, that we don't have to open the flood-gates to unrestricted exploitation of our natural resources for people to make a living. We can have regulations that allow for proper use of our natural resources, while at the same time, having clean water, clean air, and expansive wild places to hike, camp, hunt, fish, dirt bike, ATV, etc. etc. In short, the people closest to those places, that have lived, and still live there, have found a way to approach the challenge of "having it all"...without sacrificing either. Happens all the time, you're just too far removed from the awesome reality of those in the west, having it all. Rather than embrace the fact that you, along with 327 million other public land owners, have this reality, you're stuck on a 20 acre piece of dirt in Tennessee shooting whitetails. I think that's great, but what I find more great, is that a person from any State can come to the West, and hunt a huge variety of game on MY PUBLIC LANDS.

To further ice the cake of your "elitist" statement...which couldn't be any further from the truth about BHA or me personally. The WYBHA board, by design, has 2 of the 4 executive board members that work directly for the mining/oil and gas industries in Wyoming. They bring a balance to the organization and the perspective of how we MUST take into consideration the importance of both industry and wild places, hunting, fishing, etc.

Finally, I guess I also fail to understand how you consider what happened just this last week "elitist". I helped a long-time high school friend (who's family also was in the wood products industry) and his 2 cousins go 3 for 3 on cow elk on publicly accessible lands in Wyoming. I had never met either of my friends cousins, both of whom work in the coal mining industry in North Dakota. Both salt of the earth guys that I hosted here at my house for 5 days while they hunted here. One of my friends cousins shot his first elk, the other his second.

My long time friend and I:

[Linked Image]

His 2 cousins, both new "elitist" friends who work for the coal industry:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

So go ahead steelhead, keep talking out of your a$$ all you want...

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
The one thing for certain, is that even though you think that public land transfer, which is part of the RNC platform, is not an issue...there is no doubt it is. That issue will continue to sway elections across the West. Those that think its "fake" are going to be on the losing end of a lot of elections. Count on it.

Other than a few, sparse mentions of the land issue which are really not that popular among republicans, I don't really see that it's an RNC platform, as you say.

I do see plenty of liberal fearmongering from the likes of you though.

Nacy Pelosi would be proud.

“Congress shall immediately pass universal legislation providing for a timely and orderly mechanism requiring the federal government to convey certain federally controlled public lands to states. We call upon all national and state leaders and representatives to exert their utmost power and influence to urge the transfer of those lands, identified in the review process, to all willing states for the benefit of the states and the nation as a whole. The residents of state and local communities know best how to protect the land where they work and live.”

Could you be more specific as to where this quote came form and what "certain federally controlled lands" are that would be conveyed to the states by the feds?

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So uh,,,,,,,, meat eater is on the 24 hourcampfire do not watch list as well?

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Besides being younger than you, when I quote something, I'll post a link so that people can read the entire item, and it's relevance.

Flave is spot on about you you as well.

rockin'

I was interested in seeing the truth of the matter as I, too, had heard it was in the platform. It was, in no uncertain terms.

Not that I'm entirely opposed to the idea of transfer of some lands, but I get very leery of weasly wording like "convey certain federally controlled public lands to the states". No elaborating on which "certain" lands those might be. Would any of us like to see terminology such as that in any party platform in regards to "certain" firearms regulation? "Certain" farming practice regulations? More friggen political language to get what they want without telling "we the people" what it is they want. Remember this little one “But we have to pass the [health care] bill so that you can find out what’s in it....”

In the minds of some of us, wording such as "certain federally controlled lands" sounds suspiciously like "we'll tell you after we get the OK to transfer them".

Here's one of many links I found about the 2016 GOP Platform. This link is from an organization that supports the transfer as far as I can tell, just so you know it's not made up by some greenie organization or HuffPost. And through some searching it appears similar language has been in the party platform for many years.

http://www.americanlandscouncil.org/gop_platform_adopts_transfer_of_public_lands_language

Interesting in that the platform at least seems to attempt to address access for recreational use, but would that access continue on the "certain" transferred lands? Which is the major concern of folks like myself and many many others, some of whom join organizations like BHA.

"These are public lands, and the public should have access to them for appropriate activities like hunting, fishing, and recreational shooting."

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I didn't like his first shows, had a lib vibe then (saw 2).
Doubted it got better.
Guess I was right.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Geno, for the most part, you have to have the entire context, then look at what was meant by it.

It's already happened.

It was to stop the abuses of the Antiquities Act by presidents Obama & Clinton, in the large land grabs.

Dec. 4, 2017

SALT LAKE CITY — President Trump sharply reduced the size of two national monuments in Utah on Monday by some two million acres, the largest rollback of federal land protection in the nation’s history.

The administration shrank Bears Ears National Monument, a sprawling region of red rock canyons, by 85 percent, and cut another monument, Grand Staircase-Escalante, to about half its current size. The move, a reversal of protections put in place by Democratic predecessors, comes as the administration pushes for fewer restrictions and more development on public lands.

The decision to reduce Bears Ears is expected to set off a legal battle that could alter the course of American land conservation, putting dozens of other monuments at risk and possibly opening millions of preserved public acres to oil and gas extraction, mining, logging and other commercial activities.

“Some people think that the natural resources of Utah should be controlled by a small handful of very distant bureaucrats located in Washington,” Mr. Trump said, speaking at Utah’s State Capitol beneath a painting of Mormon pioneers. “And guess what? They’re wrong.”

“Together,” he continued, “we will usher in a bright new future of wonder and wealth.”

President Barack Obama designated Bears Ears a monument in 2016, and President Bill Clinton classified Grand Staircase-Escalante in 1996, using a century-old law called the Antiquities Act that grants presidents the authority to set aside landmarks and “other objects of historic or scientific interest.”

The law says that presidents should limit designations to the “smallest area compatible with proper care and management.” In both cases, Utah politicians have argued that the actions of the previous presidents abused the law by exceeding that limit and were illegal.

Environmentalists and some native nations say Mr. Trump’s decision will destroy the national heritage and threaten some 100,000 sites of archaeological importance in the monuments’ desert landscapes.

Conservative lawmakers and many Westerners argue that the move is the proper response to decades of federal overreach that have sometimes starved communities of revenue and autonomy. When Mr. Clinton formed Grand Staircase, the move halted plans for a coal mining project there that would have brought desperately needed jobs to a poor county.

Mr. Trump’s move is viewed as a victory for Republican lawmakers, fossil fuel companies and others. The federal government controls about two-thirds of the land in Utah, and the state’s leading politicians have long pushed for more local control.

“He’s been sympathetic to the fact that we’ve been mistreated,” Senator Mike Lee of Utah said of the president, “and I’m grateful that he is willing to correct it.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/04/us/trump-bears-ears.html

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
The big fear of the feds transferring land to the states is the states will then sell the land to private interests or resource extraction/developers etc. forever destroying public use of those lands.

If anything it would be easier from the fed perspective, especially considering our debts owed to so many around the world.

So the $64,000 question is, what stops the feds from doing the same thing?

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm waiting for Newburg or Buzz to run for public office. It would suit their two faced bullchit.

Maybe Tester would let you guys borrow his coat.....

LMAO!

[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Geno, for the most part, you have to have the entire context, then look at what was meant by it.

It's already happened.

It was to stop the abuses of the Antiquities Act by presidents Obama & Clinton, in the large land grabs.

Dec. 4, 2017

SALT LAKE CITY — President Trump sharply reduced the size of two national monuments in Utah on Monday by some two million acres, the largest rollback of federal land protection in the nation’s history.

The administration shrank Bears Ears National Monument, a sprawling region of red rock canyons, by 85 percent, and cut another monument, Grand Staircase-Escalante, to about half its current size. The move, a reversal of protections put in place by Democratic predecessors, comes as the administration pushes for fewer restrictions and more development on public lands.

The decision to reduce Bears Ears is expected to set off a legal battle that could alter the course of American land conservation, putting dozens of other monuments at risk and possibly opening millions of preserved public acres to oil and gas extraction, mining, logging and other commercial activities.

“Some people think that the natural resources of Utah should be controlled by a small handful of very distant bureaucrats located in Washington,” Mr. Trump said, speaking at Utah’s State Capitol beneath a painting of Mormon pioneers. “And guess what? They’re wrong.”

“Together,” he continued, “we will usher in a bright new future of wonder and wealth.”

President Barack Obama designated Bears Ears a monument in 2016, and President Bill Clinton classified Grand Staircase-Escalante in 1996, using a century-old law called the Antiquities Act that grants presidents the authority to set aside landmarks and “other objects of historic or scientific interest.”

The law says that presidents should limit designations to the “smallest area compatible with proper care and management.” In both cases, Utah politicians have argued that the actions of the previous presidents abused the law by exceeding that limit and were illegal.

Environmentalists and some native nations say Mr. Trump’s decision will destroy the national heritage and threaten some 100,000 sites of archaeological importance in the monuments’ desert landscapes.

Conservative lawmakers and many Westerners argue that the move is the proper response to decades of federal overreach that have sometimes starved communities of revenue and autonomy. When Mr. Clinton formed Grand Staircase, the move halted plans for a coal mining project there that would have brought desperately needed jobs to a poor county.

Mr. Trump’s move is viewed as a victory for Republican lawmakers, fossil fuel companies and others. The federal government controls about two-thirds of the land in Utah, and the state’s leading politicians have long pushed for more local control.

“He’s been sympathetic to the fact that we’ve been mistreated,” Senator Mike Lee of Utah said of the president, “and I’m grateful that he is willing to correct it.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/04/us/trump-bears-ears.html

Yes Barry, but I trust NO politicians to stop where they allude they might. On most any issue. What's to stop them (other than the fact the Dems now control the House) from going further and offering millions of acres/sq miles to the states and/or private industry after passing a bill allowing that?

While stopping the excesses of "preservationist" designations of earlier regimes, this is what really concerns me:

"The move, a reversal of protections put in place by Democratic predecessors, comes as the administration pushes for fewer restrictions and more development on public lands."

More undefined "development" of public lands is not something I want to see. Logging responsibly (clear cuts can be responsible, so I'm not what could be called a tree hugger), certain types of mining/mineral extraction, things along those lines are what I think the multiple use nature of our public lands should be. I DON'T want to see forest or rangelands turned over to the Recreational Vehicle Industry for a 500 space, fully powered, satellite TV, cell phone towered, off road motorcycle/buggy trail, olympic pool, and casino, which is not precluded by wishy washy wording of the platform.

Therefor my statement in an earlier post that the public lands issue is not a "red herring" , and that issue is probably a good reason certain Democratic Party candidates are elected in the West. It's not unnoticed by some of us voters that the wording in some of the platforms of "conservative" candidates leaves a lot to be desired.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by smokepole
LOL, why do you say that?

A.) You're both gay.
B.) You defend his safe space with vigor.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

260 members (01Foreman400, 300_savage, 358wsm, 264mag, 204guy, 257heaven, 43 invisible), 2,223 guests, and 1,072 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,974
Posts18,499,457
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.