Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I should mention the pic base is for a long action. All rings are 30mm.

HR IC

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Thanks JC.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ooopsie!

Toldjaso.

Hint...................(grin)

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
RBO Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Fieldcrafts shuck shells,with aplomb and it'll take wayyyyy more than Skookum scope mounting to deter one. Hint.

On the flipside.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Though obviously a Safe Queen.(grin)

Hint...............

You should be charged with vandalism.

Sad.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Have only broken (8) LW's thus far...but they've largely been removed from Active Duty,unless I missed one somewhere.

Hint...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Have only broken (8) LW's thus far...but they've largely been removed from Active Duty,unless I missed one somewhere.

Hint...............

All they have going for them are weight and height...but they've got to many con's for the pro's to allow me to use them. I've only broken two. I do like the low mounting height but I can't make myself try them again.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I think every mounting system does a salt treatment on the screws....I'm sure my degreaseing doesn't help and I spend a fair amount of time in the rain. I've yet to find a mounting system that doesn't end up with rusty screws. I'm considering it functionally as just a little extra lock-tite.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC

Hint...............

All they have going for them are weight and height...but they've got to many con's for the pro's to allow me to use them. I've only broken two. I do like the low mounting height but I can't make myself try them again.

Elder vintages were VASTLY superior.

Everyone I know who shoots a smidge,has puked 'em and all have walked away from same..............

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I think every mounting system does a salt treatment on the screws....I'm sure my degreaseing doesn't help and I spend a fair amount of time in the rain. I've yet to find a mounting system that doesn't end up with rusty screws. I'm considering it functionally as just a little extra lock-tite.

[Linked Image]

Have a local Cerakote applicator coat the screws. Problem solved.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Bone dry here and thankfully...fasteners never get discolored,let alone rusty....................

IC B3

B
boliep Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B

I have Talley on order. After getting the information about the rail and seeing the pictures people have so generously posted
in this thread, I am going to order a rail and rings.

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times.
Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Hint...............

How did you break them? While mounting or in use under recoil? Were they torqued to spec or farmered? If they broke in use, what rifle/cartridge/scope combo broke them? Thanks.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Shooting and actual use,does stuff to wares...that don't/can't occur Indoors in the safe. I've never puked 'em on anything lesser in capacity than 223 SALAMI.
Hint.................

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Pappy348

Hint...............

How did you break them? While mounting or in use under recoil? Were they torqued to spec or farmered? If they broke in use, what rifle/cartridge/scope combo broke them? Thanks.

Both were on the same rifle. It lived in a gun boot on an ATV. Both times they were broken/cracked when I pulled it out of the gun boot. I tighten the top rings using finger/thumb holding the small end. Rifle is a .223....it wasn't recoil.

Same rifle has worn DNZ's for several years now and had no problems.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Shooting and actual use,does stuff to wares...that don't/can't occur Indoors in the safe. I've never puked 'em on anything lesser in capacity than 223 SALAMI.
Hint.................

Are the Burris rings you use alloy or steel?

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yes.

'Horn's are alloy...DD Signatures are steel.................

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Okay, thanks.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Burris REALLY is fhuqked up,for not packaging DD steel Signatures 30mm's in pairs,like they useta'...though they are still making the rings.

Funny schit!....................

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Midway has the 'Horns on sale. Do you use the mediums or highs on the Barrett?

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ordered 'em Friday.(grin)

Mediums on everything,except Krunchentickers...................

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (1OntarioJim, 10gaugeman, 257man, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 64 invisible), 2,133 guests, and 1,259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,775
Posts18,495,765
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.