Print Thread
Hop To
D
DrGnarr Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
I was a "new bow every year" guy for a very long time until I bought a Bowtech Guardian in 2007 and I haven't looked back....or even drawn another bow since.

I'm starting to think about a new bow but it doesn't necessarily need to be a 2018 / 2019 model. I am partial to Bowtech and would like my next bow to be a Bowtech. For those if you familiar with Bowtech over the last few years, what would you say has been their best bow?

I like a longer bow.....approx 34" ATA.

I know I need to shoot em and feel em but I'm just looking for a starting point.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've owned just about every Bowtech produced, and still have many of them...find an Experience and be very happy. Great draw cycle, very quick, almost as quiet as the Guardian, very little hand shock, tunes very easy.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Bwana_1; 01/21/19.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
I've owned just about every Bowtech produced, and still have many of them...find an Experience and be very happy. Great draw cycle, very quick, almost as quiet as the Guardian, very little hand shock, tunes very easy.

[Linked Image]

Not a Bad bow to be in!

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
D
DrGnarr Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
What am I gaining with a newer bow over my Guardian? There isn’t mush I don’t like about the guardian....it’s quiet, shock free, balances great, and fast enough. Are the new bows quieter, faster, less shock, etc??

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Honestly, nothing that you can't live without. Your bow is perfectly fine. Unless you just want a newer bow or to keep up with the Jones's.

IC B2

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
Honestly, nothing that you can't live without. Your bow is perfectly fine. Unless you just want a newer bow or to keep up with the Jones's.

I agree, I was a new bow every year guy too at one time but that changed in 07 when I purchased an Allegiance and i never looked back either. My backup bow is an 04 Liberty that I still shoot from time to time. I have to admit that i've test driven newer bow seems like every season but nothing really jumps out at me to make me want to change so I stopped looking. The Allegiance just fits me like a glove and does everything I need it to do, great specs, nice draw cycle, plenty fast, lightweight and as quite as a mouse fart. My brother says the same thing about his Tribute. I've even got a neighbor who still shoots a Patriot. I think the 04-08 years were some of Bowtech's best years/bows and the Guardian was one of them. Everytime I think I want a new bow I just go out and shoot my Allegiance and that thought goes away. smile Mike

Life's Tough, God's Good, Pray Hard!
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
bought a new Guardian in 07, it was stolen out of my truck in Ohio in 13, at the time it was my back up bow, years later i have an 08 I bought to use as my back up and still have it. I have owned Many bows since 07 but none I like better EXCEPT a 14 Insanity CPXL, I loved the bow but after 3 sets of broke limbs I gave up on it, t's still hanging on my garage wall. The ONLY down side to the Guardian is it has a stiff draw cycle. The first time I fired one in 07 I fell in love, dead in hand, quick and balanced better than anything I have ever shot.

Bowtec will have to prove to me they have their limb problem solved before I ever own another. currently I'm shooting a Elite Revol, decent bow but still I could pick up the Guardian and be just as happy.

D
DrGnarr Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Guybo54

I agree, I was a new bow every year guy too at one time but that changed in 07 when I purchased an Allegiance and i never looked back either. My backup bow is an 04 Liberty that I still shoot from time to time. I have to admit that i've test driven newer bow seems like every season but nothing really jumps out at me to make me want to change so I stopped looking. The Allegiance just fits me like a glove and does everything I need it to do, great specs, nice draw cycle, plenty fast, lightweight and as quite as a mouse fart. My brother says the same thing about his Tribute. I've even got a neighbor who still shoots a Patriot. I think the 04-08 years were some of Bowtech's best years/bows and the Guardian was one of them. Everytime I think I want a new bow I just go out and shoot my Allegiance and that thought goes away. smile Mike

That's funny. I had a terrible time deciding between the Allegiance and the Guardian. The Guardian was a strange looking bow in 2007.....first of it's kind. The Allegiance and Guardian both fit and shot very similar to me but the shop guy convinced me to buy the weird looking Guardian.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I have a carbon knight. super lightweight, gets a little getting used to such a light bow. My nephew has a obsession take a look at them also.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You owe it to yourself to shoot the new RealmSS

Crossed Arrows Archery LLC
Authorized Obsession Bows Dealer
Custom Strings/Tuning
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by 280Ackleyrized
Speak of the Devil! I was just asking AH64Guy what happened to you.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Im still around. Closed the shop tho due to life having other plans.

Custom Strings/Tuning
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How is the Insanity ranked against the new 18-19 Bowtech's?

Dave

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Im still around. Closed the shop tho due to life having other plans.

That is what AH64Guy told me. Sorry to hear that.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I had been shooting the same bow for over 20 years and decided to try one of those new fangled parallel limb bows. I sampled about everything out there, and then I took one shot with a Prodigy, and I may never have to buy another bow!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Considering the Insanity is one of the models with the outsourced limbs....not very well. The 2018 and 2019 bowtechs are way ahead of the game. Not to mention the grip changes are something worth really looking at. They tune super easy and feel amazing at the shot. The Realm X is my pick from 2018. The 2019 SS is just what its name implies. Super Smooth. And the SR6 is an amazing feeling speed bow. Obsession has some real shooters out there from what im hearing. Not crazy about the higher letoff...but folks seem pleased. I do have a 2019 Lawless enroute to me to tune for a friend. So ill have some definite insight on that bow once im done. And yes its a 5" BH 370IBO bow. And before all the negative comments start pouring in....ive shot a 5" BH. Yes i prefer a 6". But it was no harder to shoot. These arent the bows from 20years ago. Lot has changed. Today's bows are much more forgiving. That "i have to have a longer BH to be accurare story" is total BS. Its all mental. You can get the same speed or in some cases even more shooting a heavier arrow at lower poundage

Custom Strings/Tuning
RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Outsourced as in made in China?

Dave

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RDW
Outsourced as in made in China?

No. Bowtech had someone else making limbs for them. A "big name" limb manufacturer here in the states. Now the limbs are back in house so to speak. The Reign waz the first model to get the new limbs.

Custom Strings/Tuning
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I’ve owned or own the following: Patriot, Allegiancce, Guardian, Defender, 82nd, Invasion, and an Experience. Shot every new Bowtech, Hoyt and Mathews since the Experience and found nothing that was a step up until the Triax. Hunted with the Experience, Triax and Invaision this fall. Killed with all three. For blind or tight shooting, they all work great but the Triax was easiest to maneuver and the quietest while only giving up 5fps. When ranges could exceed 40yds, the Experience was first string. Similarly, for western hunting where my shots have averaged 47yds, I wouldn’t even consider the Mathews (I know this is reflective of my form....but it is what it is). I couldn’t justify the $ on the last 2 model Bowtechs....they simply weren’t enough of a step up.

My boys now shoot my Allegiance and Guardian.....and I would be comfortable with either the rest of my days. With an after market string stop, I’d probably choose the Allegiance but that’s personal preference.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

99 members (10gaugemag, 308xray, 300_savage, 41rem, 808outdoors, 12 invisible), 1,543 guests, and 919 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,720
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.