Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
G
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
Sometimes it doesn't take much to warm my heart. Yesterday coming home from a long road trip and passed through Atlanta, headed south. As is always the case, there's a traffic jam coming out of what some folks think is paradise (Atl). We are all slowing down and out of nowhere to my left are two cars that had to be going 90+ mph...playing "chase" weaving in and out of traffic. I shake my head in disgust at the danger they put everyone in just so they could show off at our expense. You know where this is headed by now don't you?

A couple of miles down the road blue lights flashing all over the place....must be a multi car pile up. Nope...Georgia's finest had both cars pulled over and it appeared that the State Patrol guys were not issuing warnings.

I just had that "God is good, all is well" feeling the rest of my trip to SW GA. I guess it doesn't take much to make my day any more.

Carry on...

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
not insignificant at all. those azzhats need a good knee to the groin.

Those who would disrespect our flag have never been handed a folded one.

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.

When in the Course of human events......
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A nice & fitting ending.

Anybody that thinks ATL (or close surrounding, too) is paradise, is a few bricks short of a full load.

MM

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Satisfaction!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sounds like everybody with Utah plates.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T'is a rare but beautiful thing.

I remember being in a line of cars leaving high school when a convertible muscle car blew by us all on the shoulder, spraying rocks while two DB's inside laughed. As he cut around the first car to make a right turn onto the main road he never saw the concrete square of a drain that stood maybe 16 inches high in tall grass. He drove over it and the weight of the car landed on the rear axle breaking it and seizing the engine instantly. Went from engine roar to - "thunk'. You could hear the laughter from all the other cars. They to sit and endure honks and jeers of everyone who drove by.

There is a reason for so many Karma You tube videos.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
lots of times I wished for that outcome but the blue light guys weren't around. I did have a fidgety guy behind me in traffic (speed limit or over)weaving a lot being impatient; he passed us all on the shoulder, including the state patrolman who was holding traffic at a reasonable speed. Told the wife to watch, sure enough, he hit the head of the line and the lights came on

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by kennyd
lots of times I wished for that outcome but the blue light guys weren't around. I did have a fidgety guy behind me in traffic (speed limit or over)weaving a lot being impatient; he passed us all on the shoulder, including the state patrolman who was holding traffic at a reasonable speed. Told the wife to watch, sure enough, he hit the head of the line and the lights came on

He prolly didnt have a crap pot in the car. wink

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I had that situation when a black Camaro was weaving and zipping by everyone at a high rate of speed. Thought what a fool, but dismissed it until I saw some cars pulled over and smoke coming from a deep ditch of cattails. I pulled over too.

The Camaro was upside down, and a tattooed meth head laying in an inch of blood on the ceiling rolling his eyes and making bovine death sounds. He was pale as a ghost and writhing...I'm sure he didn't survive the trip to the hospital with the amount of blood in that vehicle.

Cops came and told all of us who didn't see the accident proper to vamos.

And no, I wasn't sad. Good riddance $hitbag.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Me and my buds was headed to a queensryche/suicidal tendencies show one time. Some cünt in a chevy cavalier sucked out our headlights as she passed us. She was also probably runnin 90 or more.
Had no fuggin clue a 2.2 chevy cavalier would go that fast. Running all up behind us tailgating and finally giving us the finger. And we was in the right hand lane.

She zipped and bobbed and cut off several other people up ahead till she was out of sight.

I said to my buds, I hope that fuggin bitch dies.

3 miles up the interstate, that bitch was unside down in a pile of saplings, not much more than a smokin hole in the ground.

hahaha

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I love it! What I can't understand is how there hasn't been an outcry from the 'fire over how everyone should just get out of the way of these drivers and let them drive the speed that they want. (Since posted limits are "just suggestions" and all of that.)

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
There's a difference between simply driving above a posted limit and weaving in and out like the OP mentioned.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Rare justice. I hope they learn.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Early '70s, driving a VW 411 station wagon from Indianapolis to Dayton in white out blizzard. Strings of passenger vehicles were traveling in convoys following tracks laid down by semi trucks that were leading the pack. Top safe speed possible - 30 to 35 mph. One of those "nobody knows how to drive in snow but me" types driving a big old full size battleship of a station wagon came zooming past everybody throwing rooster tails of snow. A few miles further up we passed that same vehicle over on the side of the highway spinning it's wheels hung up in the snow.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by Godogs57
Sometimes it doesn't take much to warm my heart. Yesterday coming home from a long road trip and passed through Atlanta, headed south. As is always the case, there's a traffic jam coming out of what some folks think is paradise (Atl). We are all slowing down and out of nowhere to my left are two cars that had to be going 90+ mph...playing "chase" weaving in and out of traffic. I shake my head in disgust at the danger they put everyone in just so they could show off at our expense. You know where this is headed by now don't you?

A couple of miles down the road blue lights flashing all over the place....must be a multi car pile up. Nope...Georgia's finest had both cars pulled over and it appeared that the State Patrol guys were not issuing warnings.

I just had that "God is good, all is well" feeling the rest of my trip to SW GA. I guess it doesn't take much to make my day any more.

Carry on...

That does make you feel good. Had that happen one morning. Bastard came by about 90, I said “Where is a Tomball cop when you need one?” Not 2 seconds later the red and blue light come on. Bastard got a nice ticket!

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Good, hope those citations were large enough to sting, same/same last summer, I was locked in at 69 in a 65 and in the right lane, had just a few seconds earlier saw a shiny black dot on the southbound shoulder up the road a couple miles, wondered if it was a hi-po watching the stretch.

Saw a black Z-71 coming up on me strong, BOOM as he passed, told Wifey to look up the road, sure enough, he hit the lights, that hi-po was in the parking lot of a c store motioning that guy in, thinking he may have got A LOT more than a traffic ticket.

Trump Won!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by m1rifleman

Perhaps I'm older and grumpier than you, but I'm thinking that reckless endangerment should be a capital offense. There be a chittload of people on this planet and there's no benefit to keeping the idiots in the gene pool.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Godogs57 I've seen it all to often on the same stretch of highway. It's getting worse...I hate to even go to Atlanta any more because of the idiots that are on the road. Not just in Atlanta but they can be found anywhere.

I almost got hit twice right here in Statesboro in the last two days. I mean tires squealing and all my stuff sliding to the front of the FJ when I braked to avoid someone cutting me off. Missed by inches. I had stuff come out from under the seats I haven't seen in years. Only rarely do you get to see justice being served and when it happens, it should make you feel great all over!

Harry
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Originally Posted by m1rifleman

Perhaps I'm older and grumpier than you, but I'm thinking that reckless endangerment should be a capital offense. There be a chittload of people on this planet and there's no benefit to keeping the idiots in the gene pool.

Thank you!

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Where are the resident LOLbertarians?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (1minute, 260madman, 1OntarioJim, 260Remguy, 264magnum, 270cowboy, 57 invisible), 2,413 guests, and 1,213 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,428
Posts18,489,229
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.