Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by deflave
Long line at the ramps one day.

Guy weaved and maneuvered his way all the way through the channel to get to the docks first.

Miami-Dade patrol boat pulled up next to him. Had a chat. Tied off to the side, and towedhim back out to the end of the channel.

Standing ovations from each boat.

Clapping here too. I hate people who cut in line,

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Was fishing on a party boat out of Fort Lauderdale with the wife and had an absolute ass next to us. He had a brand new spinning outfit and would start fishing before the captain sounded the horn tangling up with everyone near by. Wife was frustrated and I told her if she didn’t want to fish, reel up and take a break. I didn’t want the rented pos pole going over the side and costing me money. Well the dude with the spinning rod left it leaning on the rail and a big wahoo grabbed his bait. It literally hung for a second on the rail and my wife seeing it could have grabbed it but instead clutched hers close and we watched that $200 setup torpedo into the drink. The entire boat clapped, priceless.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Godogs57
Sometimes it doesn't take much to warm my heart. Yesterday coming home from a long road trip and passed through Atlanta, headed south. As is always the case, there's a traffic jam coming out of what some folks think is paradise (Atl). We are all slowing down and out of nowhere to my left are two cars that had to be going 90+ mph...playing "chase" weaving in and out of traffic. I shake my head in disgust at the danger they put everyone in just so they could show off at our expense. You know where this is headed by now don't you?

A couple of miles down the road blue lights flashing all over the place....must be a multi car pile up. Nope...Georgia's finest had both cars pulled over and it appeared that the State Patrol guys were not issuing warnings.

I just had that "God is good, all is well" feeling the rest of my trip to SW GA. I guess it doesn't take much to make my day any more.

Carry on...

Was that on the 95? I've seen a lot of that on 95.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Last month when Donner was closed, I detoured down to 70 (Quincy to Oroville). Night time, raining pretty good. Not a lot of traffic, and I'm just winding down the road -- lots and lots of 30 and 35 MPH curves on that stretch. In the dark and rain, not a good time to push it.

Well, some dude in a rice burner starts pushing me. On my arse for miles. I come up behind the rock-knocker going down hill, and he keeps pushing. Rock knocker finds a pull out (turns out later he had to pee), so I pull off past him. He flies around like the devil himself is chasing him. Not a mile later, he's drilled his little rice burner into the wall. Not much left of the rig.

I ease around and set the van in the opposing lane with flashers on so no one else hits him, the rock knocker blocks off the other lane.

The arse hole has his teenage daughter with him, so I offer them a ride down the hill. It's late, it's raining, we're still 40 miles from the bottom of the hill.

Nope. Don't want a ride down the hill. He needs to go to Chico, and Oroville just won't do.

Allrighty-then. Off I went. Took the cops an hour and a half to get there.....

Didn't get any satisfaction out of the whole episode, but Karma was definitely served...

Sic Semper Tyrannis
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
We were coming back from vacation on Cape Cod on a Sunday in August. We were on I-95 in Delaware and it was like being in the middle of the pack at Daytona. 4 lanes of traffic, all going about 70. I'm in the left lane and just going with the flow when I see in my rear view mirror this big ass Lincoln pimp mobile with NY tags picking and weaving his way through traffic, as if he was going somewhere. After he worked his way past me, he was about 4 cars in front of me, he makes a lane change and makes contact with another car in his right rear quarter panel. He gets her sideways and shoots across the other two right lanes without making contact with any other cars and plows in head first into the grassy hill side. The last thing I saw was all four wheels off the ground as I went by. It would have been bad if he bounced back out into traffic.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
There was another for me. I was turning left at an intersection, and sitting at the green light waiting my opportunity. It was roughly this time of year. The intersection was not a perfect cross, but the side I was on curved sharply just beyond me.

The light turns yellow, and I think here is my chance. But I note barrelling full speed and definitely going to be hitting the intersection as the light changes, is a full size pickup with a huge snowplow on the front. Not going to argue with that vehicle, so I stopped after a foot or two seeing he was determined to deny me the turn. ALL about him!

Flies through the intersection, and physics being what it is on a curve with snow or ice, continues straight, blasts over a berm, and smash lands directly into a huge snow pile that had been pushed to the edge of a skating rink's parking lot. Truck was now at a 45 degree angle on the pile as I saw him exit the passenger door, as his door was jammed in the pack. Light turned green, and I had no one coming, so slowly turned left, looked backwards, made eye contact, and flipped him off as he sat there mouth breathing.

It was a good feeling.

G
GRF Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
GoDogs; way back in the day (79?, 80?) heading back to Calgary from skiing in Lake Louise on what was then a 2 line highway. Traffic was solid and moving about 15-20 mph when the speed limit was 60.

I'm driving an old beat up station wagon wagon with girlfriend and some buddies in the car, tunes on enjoying the slow crawl as much as possible. Look into the side view mirror and a new white Cadillac is screaming up the shoulder, so I slide over half in my lane, half in the shoulder. Really pissed off the dude in the Caddie with his hospital parking sticker, he's cussing, giving me the finger, his wife is trying hide behind her hands, kids in the back seat are slumping down.

After I few minutes I got bored with the game and slide into my lane and the caddie flys by givingme the bird.

Three miles down the road ( with traffic still solid and moving slow) the RCMP have the white caddie pulled over. Dude is getting a ticket and an earful from the wife. We drive by hang out the windows smile and wave.

Really enjoyed, obviously enough to type about 40 years later.

All the best.

GRF

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Anyone driving slower than me is a dawdling old fool that should have their license revoked.

Anyone driving faster than me is a fing maniac that belongs in jail

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (1beaver_shooter, 1234, 1lesfox, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 55 invisible), 2,364 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,381
Posts18,488,572
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.