Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Would you consider texting your boss your resignation? Just had a 53 yr. old guy that I've treated really well quit by a lame ass text.
Social media is the downfall of civilization. More "men" act like 13 yr. Old girls now than I'd ever thought imaginable. Whatever happened to (dare I say it) face to face conversations? My opinion of human kind goes down with every day that passes

GB1

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
I would text back, you can't resign....I fired you yesterday.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I’ve been expecting Trump to tweet “fug all y’all, I’m outta here”.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I suppose that's just the way it is nowadays. A face to face conversation followed by a text to put it in writing would be better.

Retired cat herder.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Darn, i was giving you a raise of $500/mo.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by ironbender
I wou,d text back, you can't resign....I fired you yesterday.

That'll cost you on the unemployment side. At least that's the way it was when I had employees.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
What type of job?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thats all fine and well but it means nothing until meeting face to face to sign separation paperwork to get his final check.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by slumlord
What type of job?

My guess is an engineer. Introverted folks, they are.

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
What type of job?

Carpenter. Just the way it is now. Used to be guys wanted to learn/practice a trade. Now they just want a paycheck. I pay higher than local average $23/hr and some benefits, truck, fuel, 3 weeks paid time off, 3% 401k match. Workforce is dwindling away quick. Biggest damage Obama did to this country was show that you could survive pretty nicely being unemployed, and convince everyone that they're a victim, and that all their problems are caused by someone else.

IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
At least you got a text. I’ve had a few just stop showing up. Not even a go screw myself.

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
What type of job?

Buddy owns a civil engineering firm and has just as much trouble. Hard to find willing applicants and tired of dealing with the emotional millennials that he does find.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
What type of job?

You know how to tell if an engineer is extroverted?

When he talks to you, he looks at your shoes......

A wise man is frequently humbled.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by jackmountain
What type of job?

Carpenter. Just the way it is now. Used to be guys wanted to learn/practice a trade. Now they just want a paycheck. I pay higher than local average $23/hr and some benefits, truck, fuel, 3 weeks paid time off, 3% 401k match. Workforce is dwindling away quick. Biggest damage Obama did to this country was show that you could survive pretty nicely being unemployed, and convince everyone that they're a victim, and that all their problems are caused by someone else.

Yep. The recession and obama ruined a lot of good men. Masonry trade is going through the same mess. Former masons have learned to get by working part time, tax free gigs. Most are still driving the same ol 86 Ford pick up and living in Mama’s house. You can’t put enough bait on the hook to get them to take a masonry job now. Very sad! These same guys used to be rugged, tough, hard working dudes. No more.

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
What type of job?

Yep. The recession and obama ruined a lot of good men. Masonry trade is going through the same mess. Former masons have learned to get by working part time, tax free gigs. Most are still driving the same ol 86 Ford pick up and living in Mama’s house. You can’t put enough bait on the hook to get them to take a masonry job now. Very sad! These same guys used to be rugged, tough, hard working dudes. No more.

Masonry has taken a terrible hit around here. I use three crews. One, they're all in their 70's, one is all in their 60's, last one is a mix of 60's with a few young guys. My best guys are 40+. The mid twenty year old crew is lucky to get 35-37 hrs a week. My 40-55 year olds work 45-50 hrs a week.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Burning bridges,is more than half the fun!(grin)

Few things as fulfilling,as an outright Tramp Lifestyle.

Life has been very GOOD to me................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by g5m
Originally Posted by ironbender
I wou,d text back, you can't resign....I fired you yesterday.

That'll cost you on the unemployment side. At least that's the way it was when I had employees.

True. Resignation = no unemployment insurance claim

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What type of job?

try the illegal mexicans.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Would you consider texting your boss your resignation? Just had a 53 yr. old guy that I've treated really well quit by a lame ass text.
Social media is the downfall of civilization. More "men" act like 13 yr. Old girls now than I'd ever thought imaginable. Whatever happened to (dare I say it) face to face conversations? My opinion of human kind goes down with every day that passes

That's a new one on me....how long was he with you?

I sure could go for some $2.50/gal gas and a mean tweet!

NRA Benefactor member, disgruntled.
Life member: Firearms Owners Against Crime.
Life member: GOA
Member: RMEF

TRUMP 2020
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm surprised to hear these dog dick wages,for skilled crafts. VERY fhuqking surprising.

What's the cost of Living in these AO's?...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

598 members (12344mag, 1234, 10ring1, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 57 invisible), 2,907 guests, and 1,203 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,796
Posts18,477,396
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.