Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
So, just to clarify.....

We have the best gun rights in the world because of luck and the kindness of the Politicians hearts?

I find that hard to believe.

No. We have the best gun rights in the world because the NRA stood up to the British on Lexington green.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Originally Posted by Hubert
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
The NRA has supported every major federal gun legislation now in existence. Pro-2nd? Laughable. The problem with you guys is that you are idiots. Enough said.

You are the reason I belong to the NRA. It is fools like you that we are in the position we are in. and belonging to the NRA is the only chanch we have of fighting you AZZ hat.

It is fools like you who imagine that a group that makes its money from pushing fear cares about you, or your "rights". It is fools like you who imagine that you can hire some group to do something that it is your responsibility to do. YOU are in charge of your rights. I'll repeat that: YOU ARE IN CHARGE OF YOUR RIGHTS. Not a "government", YOU. Not a lobbying group, YOU. It is fools like you who never understood this, and so you don't actually have any rights; you have privileges granted you by your betters as you beg on your knees and hand over your resources.

The NRA has profited for a long time while peddling away your rights piecemeal. Keep believing. They love you for it.

I would bet you voted for Tester. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
What is "nothing" Alex.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Pat85
Revenue generated per member: The NRA averages to about $87 per member.
Gun Owners of America averages to about $1.43 per member.
GOA are great patriots, Taking in 2.5 mill a year isn't going to cut it fighting gun control groups on their own.

The GOA has filed suit to stop the bump stock laws. The NRA basically welcomed those laws. The GOA is 100% against red flag laws. The NRA is willing to support a modified version of it. The GOA might only take in $1.43/member (based on 2015 records) but they fight for the 2nd and ALL that it means. Ron Paul called them the ONLY no-compromise gun lobby in Washington.
I would happily send the NRA $1000.00 today if they would get rid of their management. They need a shake up.

Jim

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Who has the best return on investment?

Genuinely curious. NSSF, GOA, NRA......I am sure there are others.

I am MAGA.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It use to be the NRA. Not sure anymore.

Jim

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by dassa
So, just to clarify.....

We have the best gun rights in the world because of luck and the kindness of the Politicians hearts?

I find that hard to believe.

No. We have the best gun rights in the world because the NRA stood up to the British on Lexington green.

WTF? Are you high?

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by coyote268
I have been a member for over 60 years, that said, I feel there needs to be a shake up or reorganization in it. I paid my membership two months ago. Since that time I have received three letters, two phone calls and two emails saying I need to renew my membership. Waste of time and money. I will continue to support them but as said by some, I feel a change in leadership should be looked at to better support us. I also belong to the CA. Rifle and Pistol Assn. which I feel does a better job for us here as far as firearms and hunting than the NRA.

There are a lot of better local grassroots organizations, like the CCDL in CT. GOA is a good organization as well. I rather give them my hard earned money then the NRA at this time. I am a life member of the NRA, I am a NRA certified instructor, and I will continue to support them. However I am dam sure going to criticize were so deserved. I was very vocal with the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation years ago when they wouldn't take a stand on wolves. I pay them money to support what is best for ELK, hunting, and commonsense. I didn't stop supporting, but I dam sure let them know how displeased I was. If you can't and won't criticize something you support, you are just a sheep and follower. Ok and average are not acceptable to me.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Same schit different decade.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Haven’t heard the liberals cussing anyone but the NRA. When the liberals start cussing the others , I will know they are accomplishing something. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
Originally Posted by shrapnel

It is rants like this that give strength to the anti gun people. The 2 most important ingredients in holding on to the freedoms we have in this country are truth and unity. The Democrats have unity but no truth. Conservatives have truth but no unity. It is obvious that if you only have one ingredient, unity is more powerful.

It is time conservatives realize this and become unified, because both truth and unity will destroy liberalism...

Best post so far this year. Hasbeen

Well spoken. Like them or NOT, the NRA is the gun owners ONLY ally..

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Longbeardking
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
Originally Posted by shrapnel

It is rants like this that give strength to the anti gun people. The 2 most important ingredients in holding on to the freedoms we have in this country are truth and unity. The Democrats have unity but no truth. Conservatives have truth but no unity. It is obvious that if you only have one ingredient, unity is more powerful.

It is time conservatives realize this and become unified, because both truth and unity will destroy liberalism...

Best post so far this year. Hasbeen

Well spoken. Like them or NOT, the NRA is the gun owners ONLY ally..

Only because of this mentality. Stop funding the NRA, Pump all that money into GOA! I bet you see the NRA change their ways!!!!!!!!!

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
United we stand,divided we fall.I may not agree with everything the NRA does,but they are the glue that holds us together.Anyone thinking an individual has any chance in standing up to anti gunners must like pissing into the wind.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

The NRA has it's place. Best bang for the buck would go to the SAF. They are usually the first to file lawsuits in support of the 2nd.
After the NRA sees which way the winds are blowing they may join the suit later and claim victory.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Once you accept mediocracy, all they will give you is mediocracy. Just like or government!

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Wow! This exemplifies lack of unity...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
It is hilarious to me that simply and honestly holding the NRA accountable for their own actions vs their rhetoric brings out the name-callers here. Seems pretty obvious that if all you have is name-calling, you have no facts with which to make a point.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by GonHuntin
The NRA wants us to believe they are the 1000 pound gorilla and that they are the reason we still have any guns at all........but, ask yourself, if they really are that powerful, why don't we have nationwide concealed carry reciprocity and the hearing protection act??

The republicans have controlled the house, senate and the oval office for 2 years and couldn't pass the hearing protection act and the nationwide concealed carry??

Instead of fighting for gun rights and gun owners, LaPierre and Cox supported the bump stock ban and red flags laws.......they didn't just surrender without a fight, they supplied the enemy with ammunition to use against us!!!

I have been a member for decades, I am an NRA certified instructor and have recruited for the NRA in the past.......but I'm done with them until LaPierre and Cox are gone......under current leadership, the NRA isn't the 1000 pound gorilla, it's a paper tiger.

This.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I dumped the NRA after they came out for both Red Flag laws and a bump stock ban. With friends like that, we don’t need any enemies. I joined GOA. The NRA also pushed for and got background checks which the left have been trying to expand, predictably, into universal registration. The list goes on.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N ever
R epeal
A nything

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (16penny, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 02bfishn, 61 invisible), 2,530 guests, and 1,358 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,574
Posts18,491,978
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.