Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by PJGunner
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Who has the best return on investment?

Genuinely curious. NSSF, GOA, NRA......I am sure there are others.

The NRA has it's place. Best bang for the buck would go to the SAF. They are usually the first to file lawsuits in support of the 2nd.
After the NRA sees which way the winds are blowing they may join the suit later and claim victory.

There may be a lot of truth in that last sentence. It seems that lately they only take on what they feel they can easily win. About ten years ago, I bought a bound collection of the American Rifleman so I have literally almost every copy from 1936 to the present date. I have a few 1936/6 and am still missing all of 1939. It's interesting to see just how the NRA has changed from supporting the shooting sports to a political entity.

There are times when I get the feeling the NRA does not want to win. They compromise a lot and every time they do, the antis gain another inch and we lose another inch. I'm an endowment life member and frankly, during the last few years I don't feel I've gotten my money's worth. I've been a member starting with annual membership back in 1955 and raised my level over the years to my current level.

Gun control for the NRA has become a big cash cow. as long as the antis do their thing, we the membership will send in money. The question is, "Are we getting our money's worth?"
Paul B.

Great post. Seems close to what I hear about the medial profession. No money in curing.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I'm just tired of the calls begging for money 4-5-6 times a week to my cell phone. Now they are using phones with my area code so it looks legit and local.....I cut em off and tell em I'm driving now, can't talk. I paid up my lifetime membership, donate to their banquets....isn't that enough?

Asking them to put me on their no call list is fruitless...you can almost hear em laughing when I request it.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by 700LH
Originally Posted by Pat85
Its easy to hop up on a pedestal and squawk about zero compromise and bash the NRA. The truth of the matter is if it wouldn't be for the NRA , they're wouldn't be any gun rights to not compromise on.

I bet it was the NRA that convinced you of that

We have gun rights because politicians swore to uphold the constitution?

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
We don't have gun rights, if we did we could walk into any store in any state pay for said gun and walk out with it. We have gun privileges, we can purchase a gun in most places your state of residency or neighboring state in someplace, go through a background check and walk out with it. There is a big difference.

Edit to add: we wouldn't need a permit for pistols or concealed carry. Suppressors would be a normal everyday accessory. SBR, SBS would just be another firearm.

Last edited by MontanaCreekHunter; 01/23/19.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Godogs57
I'm just tired of the calls begging for money 4-5-6 times a week to my cell phone. Now they are using phones with my area code so it looks legit and local.....I cut em off and tell em I'm driving now, can't talk. I paid up my lifetime membership, donate to their banquets....isn't that enough?

Asking them to put me on their no call list is fruitless...you can almost hear em laughing when I request it.

How many times has this been brought up about the Campfire and worthless posts by trolls and we have been told we don’t need a moderator, we need to ignore the trolls. The same can be said about the requests for money, ignore them, but if you think the NRA doesn’t need money to fight against the anti-gun crowd, you are mistaken.

They call me too, and I did upgrade to Endowment Life member, but I don’t send money every phone call either...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Didnt listen to this stupid sob. How phuggin old is this prick? Who in the hell holds a serious conversation wearing kids schit? He needs drug outside by his hair and boot stomped until the stupid runs outta him.

[Linked Image]

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by shrapnel

How many times has this been brought up about the Campfire and worthless posts by trolls and we have been told we don’t need a moderator, we need to ignore the trolls. The same can be said about the requests for money, ignore them, but if you think the NRA doesn’t need money to fight against the anti-gun crowd, you are mistaken.

They call me too, and I did upgrade to Endowment Life member, but I don’t send money every phone call either...

Are you sure you don't have a Golden Jacket it that closet of yours? smile smile smile

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by pahick
Didnt listen to this stupid sob. How phuggin old is this prick? Who in the hell holds a serious conversation wearing kids schit? He needs drug outside by his hair and boot stomped until the stupid runs outta him.

[Linked Image]

He is Gay, to him it is totally normal. Look on his wall and kids toys on safe. But that doesn't mean he is totally wrong.

Last edited by MontanaCreekHunter; 01/23/19.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter

He is Gay, to him it is totally normal. Look on his wall and kids toys on safe. But that doesn't mean he is totally wrong.

I wouldnt know if hes right or wrong, I dont listen to people I cant take seriously. Dress and act like an adult and ill do my part.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

And this is acting like an adult and doing your part?

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It is in my world.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by pahick
It is in my world.

And your world is part of the problem placed on gun owners.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
Originally Posted by shrapnel

It is rants like this that give strength to the anti gun people. The 2 most important ingredients in holding on to the freedoms we have in this country are truth and unity. The Democrats have unity but no truth. Conservatives have truth but no unity. It is obvious that if you only have one ingredient, unity is more powerful.

It is time conservatives realize this and become unified, because both truth and unity will destroy liberalism...

Best post so far this year. Hasbeen

Agree

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
grin

[Linked Image]

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by reivertom
I think a lot of these "hit pieces" are done by the anti-gun lobby.......they are the ones that want the NRA to go away more than anybody.

I think the NRA is owned by the anti-gun lobby. Just look at who they support and what foolish laws they support.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I think the NRA is owned by the anti-gun lobby. Just look at who they support and what foolish laws they support.

Didn't you hunt with Walt aka Northman? He supports the democrats, and you supported him grin

Your an amazon fan too right?

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by reivertom
I think a lot of these "hit pieces" are done by the anti-gun lobby.......they are the ones that want the NRA to go away more than anybody.

If that were true, the NRA would not have sued New York in the case thet the Supreme court just agreed to hear.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I

I call B.S.

I've been an NRA member since 1975. My wife is a member as are my two sons. add a lot of my friends.

And NEVER have any of us gotten called 4-5-6 times a week. NEVER.

Yeah they send out mailings. But no more than other groups, mail order catalogs, etc.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't give them your phone number, email is enough, their email's can be quite informative for things happening, and things not mentioned.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
They dont send a single thing or call.

If they quit sending the Magazing it would be fine.

Save that money for real work.

I guess advertisers pay too though.

I am MAGA.
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

87 members (35, 6mmbrfan, 257_X_50, 2500HD, 7mm_Loco, 257robertsimp, 6 invisible), 1,415 guests, and 856 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,511
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.