Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by noduck
Atlis truck... I would never get one, but i do like some of the features it has going. It says up to 500 miles, big pulling power. And 12-15 inches of ground clearance.. Sure sounds good on there website .But real world driving and pulling who knows....

Who drives that far without stopping for a pizz break anyway? I usually stop every couple hours just to get out and walk around, and if there's a restroom, I'll use it," just because". Nope, got no use for such a thing.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Can you imagine how quiet an electric truck would be for Roadhunting the West? Nighttime poaching with an electric truck and a 300 blackout with a can would be the s h i t!

LOL
Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
So tell me, what great innovation has Yoda come up with lately? Oh that's right - nothing.

But they are going to increase from 5 to 6 lug nuts on their refreshed Blundra in order to keep up with every other 1/2 ton truck that has had 6 lugs for a couple decades. Yah Yoda!

You never said you'd buy a six cylinder engine in a truck either, now over half of the F150's sold have an Ecoboost six cylinder engine.

Try to keep up boys, I know change is hard for you but in the long run it does improve your lives whether you like it or not.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by walt501
So tell me, what great innovation has Yoda come up with lately? Oh that's right - nothing.

But they are going to increase from 5 to 6 lug nuts on their refreshed Blundra in order to keep up with every other 1/2 ton truck that has had 6 lugs for a couple decades. Yah Yoda!

You never said you'd buy a six cylinder engine in a truck either, now over half of the F150's sold have an Ecoboost six cylinder engine.

Try to keep up boys, I know change is hard for you but in the long run it does improve your lives whether you like it or not.

O U T T O L U N C H

LOL
Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular

O U T T O L U N C H

When you have no argument, try name calling.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Oh I have an argument, but I know when to use it when it's a waste of time.

LOL
Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image]

Look at those gleaming six lug nuts on the refreshed (once again) Tundra. Does that make it a 3/4 ton truck now? Toyota should apply for some kind of patent on having six lugs nuts per wheel, don't you think? And it looks like it will get rear air suspension, same as the Ram. Which makes sense, since the Tundra was developed by Toyota engineers taking apart a Ram pick up in a Seattle warehouse. So just continue to do what Ram trucks do I guess. Don't believe me? I'm sure some of you here have access to the high ups at Toyota. Not that they'll ever admit in public to doing such a thing.

Last edited by walt501; 01/27/19.
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I

Why don't you tell me how?

Tell me how having an engine in my truck which will grenade at 175K is better than an engine which will pull to 300K. Tell me how periodically replacing a $multiK battery will benefit me over not having such a battery. Tell me how dealing with a turbo instead of a naturally aspirated gas engine in my pickup or car is better for me. And tell how electric motors, sensors, and solenoids which get continuously and repeatedly immersed and bathed in mud and water will add to the longevity and dependability of any vehicle. Tell me how any auto hubs, auto tranny, or traction control system adds to dependability or durability vs a good 4/5 speed manual tranny, transfer case, and lock out hubs.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
No.....

Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
Look, neanderthal, you want to keep living in the dark ages you are free to do so. Once upon a time the horse was viewed as more reliable than an automobile. How did that work out for the horse long term? In America, we are advancing all the time. If you want to remain in the past that's your prerogative, but the majority will welcome new advancements. Will they have problems? Sure they will. But eventually those problems are sorted out and we move on.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Look, neanderthal, you want to keep living in the dark ages you are free to do so. Once upon a time the horse was viewed as more reliable than an automobile. How did that work out for the horse long term? In America, we are advancing all the time. If you want to remain in the past that's your prerogative, but the majority will welcome new advancements. Will they have problems? Sure they will. But eventually those problems are sorted out and we move on.

Welcome Captain Progress. Don't tell me, you preach tolerance as long as it's only for progress? Don't seem very tolerant of the guys that like things other than what you approve of.

LOL
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
[Linked Image]

Look at those gleaming six lug nuts on the refreshed (once again) Tundra. Does that make it a 3/4 ton truck now? Toyota should apply for some kind of patent on having six lugs nuts per wheel, don't you think? And it looks like it will get rear air suspension, same as the Ram. Which makes sense, since the Tundra was developed by Toyota engineers taking apart a Ram pick up in a Seattle warehouse. So just continue to do what Ram trucks do I guess. Don't believe me? I'm sure some of you here have access to the high ups at Toyota. Not that they'll ever admit in public to doing such a thing.

Toyota routinely has six lug nuts, the newer Landcruisers have five nuts and they are heavier, no more ripping them off when doing up lug nuts and rated for a heavier load.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Welcome Captain Progress. Don't tell me, you preach tolerance as long as it's only for progress? Don't seem very tolerant of the guys that like things other than what you approve of.

I don't give two schits what anyone buys. What I don't approve of is the endless domestic bashing while holding up foreign brands as superior. End that and I go away - got it? But tell me, in 2016 who did you vote for? I'm thinking Hillary, right? Had to be Hillary because the other guy was too pro America, right?

[Linked Image]

Or did you just conveniently forget that part?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I don't give two schits what anyone buys. What I don't approve of is the endless domestic bashing while holding up foreign brands as superior. End that and I go away - got it? But tell me, in 2016 who did you vote for? I'm thinking Hillary, right? Had to be Hillary because the other guy was too pro America, right?

[Linked Image]

Yeah, you got me pegged. Big Hillary supporter. LOL.

So I recognize that Toyota builds a damn dependable truck, which they do, and that Ford builds a truck engineered to break down just outside of warranty, which they do, so I must be a Hillary supporter?

OK got it.

LOL
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I don't see an F 150 in my future PERIOD.....even if Ford knocked on the front door with a set of keys for a Free Brand New one.

An All electric F 150....wouldn't that essentially be the same thing as a really big golf cart?

Might be good for J.R. Ewing to drive around South Fork....if they have a glitzy model.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

[Linked Image]

So I recognize that Toyota builds a damn dependable truck, which they do, and that Ford builds a truck engineered to break down just outside of warranty, which they do, so I must be a Hillary supporter?

OK got it.

Hey Roy, When the 2020 elections come around....can you swing by my place, in your Prius to pick me up so we can go down to the voting booth, and we can cast our votes for Alexandria Ocasia Cortez together...

It was fun last time around when we went together in the Prius and parked among all of those Ford pickups, that were made in Mexico.. them with their Trump stickers and the Prius with the Factory installed Hillary Sticker on your car.....and then get to piss off all of those rednecks celebrating voting for Hillary as all of we supporters had that tail gate party in the parking lot... that was fun.. hot dogs, wine coolers, lattes etc...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Seafire

[Linked Image]

OK got it.

Hey Roy, When the 2020 elections come around....can you swing by my place, in your Prius to pick me up so we can go down to the voting booth, and we can cast our votes for Alexandria Ocasia Cortez together...

It was fun last time around when we went together in the Prius and parked among all of those Ford pickups, that were made in Mexico.. them with their Trump stickers and the Prius with the Factory installed Hillary Sticker on your car.....and then get to piss off all of those rednecks celebrating voting for Hillary as all of we supporters had that tail gate party in the parking lot... that was fun.. hot dogs, wine coolers, lattes etc...

Yeah John this time we'll stop by the Starbucks and get some jo to go. One thing about being a Hillary supporter, I don't understand why all those mean Ford truck drivers are so angry all the time. They need counselling or something. Big bullies.

Last edited by Fireball2; 01/27/19.

LOL
Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular

Do you have any proof of those claims? Oh and don't bother with your own experience because statistically one data point is irrelevant. Please post your data backing your claims, right now. If your definition of reliability is never updating your truck for THIRTEEN YEARS then they should probably be able to get it right in that period of time. Of course when the Tundra was new it was a total disaster, everything from exploding camshafts and collapsing tailgates.

But again, that is not the American way to make something and never try to make it better. It's a shame what the Japanese do to fool gullible Americans, it really is.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Well Where Walt talks about once upon a time a horse was considered more reliable...

Is that where they got that saying.. "Screw you and the horse you rode in on" from?

So therefore that must mean we need to update that saying to something representing Progress...

Like "Screw You and the electric F 150 you drove in on".... would that be updated, progressive and appropriate?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hey Seafire, tell him how many miles you have on your Toyota and ask him how many he has on his Ford (and what repairs it took to get there!)

LOL
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

130 members (44automag, 1_deuce, 30Gibbs, 300_savage, 444Matt, 23 invisible), 1,498 guests, and 1,005 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,208
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.