Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Harry M
Kansas is all that. Didn't you just have a House Rep jump from Republican to Democrat?
Wash the sand out of your mangina and try again.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by Harry M
Kansas is all that. Didn't you just have a House Rep jump from Republican to Democrat?
lol What kind of gun laws have y'all got in Mass? What is your state's ranking?

I'm agreeing with your position on Kansas.

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We can keep compromising until it’s gone. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My bottom line is, laws shouldn't be written by the ignorant. Gun control advocates, almost to a man, woman, trans or whatever, tend to utterly lack any kind of useful knowledge of, or experience with, firearms.
Thing is, we're getting to the point where VOTERS, and therefore the POLITICIANS, don't have a clue about ANYTHING.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
The government was denied the power to legislate the right to keep and bear arms in its founding document. It's just that simple. EVERY law written which infringes on this right in any way makes the right simply a government-granted privilege. I consider this a treason, and those involved in writing or enforcing these laws, from Congress to the POTUS to SCOTUS to LEO's traitors. ALL OF THEM.

Rights are absolute. They do not come from government, and a just government has no power to legislate them. What we have now is an unjust (tyrannical) government that needs to be dismantled by force by principled men and women.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
The government was denied the power to legislate the right to keep and bear arms in its founding document. It's just that simple. EVERY law written which infringes on this right in any way makes the right simply a government-granted privilege. I consider this a treason, and those involved in writing or enforcing these laws, from Congress to the POTUS to SCOTUS to LEO's traitors. ALL OF THEM.

Rights are absolute. They do not come from government, and a just government has no power to legislate them. What we have now is an unjust (tyrannical) government that needs to be dismantled by force by principled men and women.
And...you are absolutely correct.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

Great thread, Ethan. I missed it the first time around and wanted my view on the record, so to speak. I do not stand with traitors. If I have the opportunity, I will seek to hold them accountable. We don't need any system to do this. It seems that a non-violent solution becomes less likely as time moves on, though, which is tragic.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

Great thread, Ethan. I missed it the first time around and wanted my view on the record, so to speak. I do not stand with traitors. If I have the opportunity, I will seek to hold them accountable. We don't need any system to do this. It seems that a non-violent solution becomes less likely as time moves on, though, which is tragic.
Thank you and thank you for keeping the faith.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Jeezus.

I am MAGA.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Ethan, I just read your writeup and agree 1000%. Thank you soooo much..

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Disagree EE, felons equal no guns, time served or not. Choices and consequences.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It seems, judging from recent events, that our rights are more at risk when the Repubs have the WH and half of Congress. The Antis didn’t accomplish as much when the Dems had the whole deal.

1. Giving BATFE the authority to outlaw gun parts.

2. Proposing the taking of guns from individuals with no immediate recourse to stop it.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by schoolmarm

Ethan, I just read your writeup and agree 1000%. Thank you soooo much..
Thank you.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Esox357
Disagree EE, felons equal no guns, time served or not. Choices and consequences.

Who cares whether you disagree? Your government does not have the power to take guns away from people it chooses to for arbitrary reasons. Guns are a right. Do you know what a right is?

The government has made itself the victim of every crime committed and given itself sole standing in criminal court. Actual victims can only testify. They cannot receive reparation. The government continues to make up new statutes of which it is the victim if said statute is broken. Court used to be about actual victims with actual standing. The law used to be about actual harm, actual damage, actual redress.

So which rights do you think the government should be able to deny at will?

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Although I would love to see nation wide carry..and a permit that was respected like a drivers license..but I also respect the states right which is a foundation of our country...so I'm torn...if we give up state rights we are all just subjects of a centeral government ..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rainierrifleco
Although I would love to see nation wide carry..and a permit that was respected like a drivers license..but I also respect the states right which is a foundation of our country...so I'm torn...if we give up state rights we are all just subjects of a centeral government ..

A permit shouldn't be needed and states shouldn't be able to regulate a Constitutional right

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
When you are convicted of a fellony you loose your rights...I knew a guy who was convicted of a fellony and had served his time...when he got out he had no gun rights..he was working on getting them back...he had to prove to a judge he could be a productive member of society...so as I remember he had to hold a job for 5 years and have no incidents with the law...I think he eventually got them back but I'm not sure...I know he did a lot of hunting..

CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ethan, I agree.

"Shall not be infringed" is self explanatory.

Arcus Venator
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by 700LH
[quote=rainierrifleco]Although I would love to see nation wide carry..and a permit that was respected like a drivers license..but I also respect the states right which is a foundation of our country...so I'm torn...if we give up state rights we are all just subjects of a centeral government ..

A permit shouldn't be needed and states shouldn't be able to regulate a Constitutional right[/quote

Gota say you are 100% right on that...

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 61 invisible), 1,983 guests, and 1,297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,184
Posts18,523,803
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.