Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Is this a joke?

GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
It's a really dumb joke. I would love to find a aluminum trigger guard for my 270WSM

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Good god gramps! Was Kimber suppose to have you sign off on the engineering change before they changed the material? You ought to go look at the new Ford 150s that will really send you through the roof. And they never called to ask for your permission as well.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
He won’t consider another Ford. They told they have no plans to supply him a carburetor for his Edsel.

laissez les bons temps rouler
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by jeeper
Originally Posted by battue
Originally Posted by JeffRaines
I've never had or seen an all-day, .5inch, if I do my part Kimber. Even one with a stainless steel trigger. Yet it is common here with other manufacturers. For the price they charge???? Then they have the nerve to go aluminum on the trigger. With a proclaimed LW rifle to boot.

I think a lot of people who claim to have under .5 all day on the internet have a very small sample size, like the rifle normally shoots 1” but one time it was .5. I think it was form who said that most tikkas are 1-1.5 normally... and sometimes it’ll be smaller. That’s just my take.

I wasn't serious, should have added on a rolled eye smiley.

Addition: According to some here a 1.5inch Tikka was never allowed out the door. Seriously.

I dunno , I think some of them 1.5 Tikkas made it to me.

I had one of them in a .223 Rem.

Camp is where you make it.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image]

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by smithrjd
Threads like these are one of the big reasons I would never buy a Kimber. No I have never owned one, and I don't play roulette.

So where in this thread that talks ANYTHING about poor quality or any substantive problem? Who cares if you won't buy one?

Cry Baby Gramps has a personal preference and he is crying he didn't get his way.

I happen to agree with him and prefer the look of the stainless steel trigger guard, but big deal it's a trigger guard. Plenty of rifles have worse constructed trigger guards. My last Kimber Montana had the aluminum guard, but shortly after I purchased it, I purchased two stainless steel guards. I didn't whine about it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I am not trying to run up the post count!

Last edited by AB2506; 01/17/19.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AB2506
[quote=battue]I've never had or seen an all-day, .5inch, if I do my part Kimber. Even one with a stainless steel trigger. Yet it is common here with other manufacturers. For the price they charge???? Then they have the nerve to go aluminum on the trigger guard. With a proclaimed LW rifle to boot.

Do you know the bolt handle on a Kimber screws off. Should tell you how serious of a rifle it is.

(Sorry, I saw this after I posted.
(I wasn't serious, should have added on a rolled eye smiley. Addition: According to some here a 1.5inch Tikka was never allowed out the door. Seriously.)[quote/]

Many rifles have bolts that are attached in various fashions; screw in, screwed on, welded etc. The Kimber bolt doesn't fall off like some, and there is a cottage industry of persons who machine lighter titanium bolt handles for the Kimbers.

As for an "all day 0.5 inch rifle", why would you expect a lightweight rifle with a pencil thin barrel be such. It is not intended to be a target rifle. DUH!

However, if you want a production good looking, good fitting rifle that is light weight for all day hunting while on the move, and puts the first 2-3 shots where they should be, then there is no finer rifle made in the USA. (I reserve judgement on the Fieldcraft because they have not made their way north of the border yet.)

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I hope he doesn’t buy a new production Ford F-150. All hell will break loose.

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Well to some older folks thing are not what they used to be. Doesn't just apply to firearms..

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Man, the things a 24hourcampfire thread will make you do....

[Linked Image]

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Ahhhhh,....

How can a rifle that has a bolt that "screws off" be serious. wink grin

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This is the craziest thread I’ve read in a while. A giant rant about a component on a rifle that a guy ordered sight unseen without even knowing exactly what component came on the rifle. And then to be soooo mad that the manufacturer won’t replace said component with a part from a rifle they manufactured 4 years ago.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
if you are that horribly disgusted by that POS let me know . Also, any of you guys that replaced those ugly aluminum trigger guards with stainless, please feel free to send them to me.

Check out my new website

http://www.howemtnknives.com/
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Quite honestly if it shoots who gives a frogs fat ass if the trigger guard is aluminum. Isn’t the point supposed to be a lighter weight rifle. Thinking that was what Kimber was looking to achieve. Aluminum is multiple times stronger than steel pound for pound. And It’s not like a trigger guard is a high stress part. I’ve seen many a good shooting rifle with plastic trigger guards.

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Dang it! Now I have to leave the woods early to go home and see if mine has a stainless steel trigger guard or not.

Can’t decide which way I’m gonna be pissed, if it is SS or aluminum??

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Wesley2
Dang it! Now I have to leave the woods early to go home and see if mine has a stainless steel trigger guard or not.

Can’t decide which way I’m gonna be pissed, if it is SS or aluminum??

How old are you? I'm thinking you are young enough that you'll be pleased either way. If nothing else, you can find someone to trade you for the guard metal you prefer.

If you were older, you'd likely be pissed either way, and blame it on the commies, or the Messicans, or the....

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

I just remembered .... I still own a Kimber of Oregon 82, in .22 hornet. I am keeping it as I am horney fot Hornets. I believe it shoots good .

So.....I guess they are not all bad.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by cisco1

I just remembered .... I still own a Kimber of Oregon 82, in .22 hornet. I am keeping it as I am horney fot Hornets. I believe it shoots good .

So.....I guess they are not all bad.

I have one of those too. Steel trigger guard grin

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (10gaugemag, 16penny, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 57 invisible), 2,566 guests, and 1,315 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,575
Posts18,492,022
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.