Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
[Linked Image]

HR IC

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
'Fire Photo Enthusiasts;
It struck me this is the rifle section and I'm likely committing a faux pas of some sort by going straight to photos of the yard and such.

Since I'm a Canuck I'll apologize and forthwith show some arms.

I used to do some stock work on the side to support my addictions. This one belongs to a VPD Sargent - from a semi-inletted blank and to his specs.

[Linked Image]

From a board - a money pit project for competing in a local turkey shoot.
[Linked Image]

From a semi-inlet blank picked up at a local supplier.
[Linked Image]

Another one from a board. Reasonably odd 1958 No 5 which was a training rifle for middle eastern armies.
[Linked Image]

Last one from a Richard's Microfit semi-inlet blank.
[Linked Image]

That's a few rifles anyway.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Isn't it funny how you look for an 'old' pic and find other random stuff.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sam;
Good evening to you my cyber friend, I hope you folks are keeping warm enough in the cold snap we're having as of late.

As a former horse guy I always appreciate the horse pics and yours are very, very fine - so thanks kindly.

A couple from way back in the day when we had horses still and we hunted off them.
[Linked Image]

That one was posed in the yard. This one wasn't poses per se, but still in the yard.
[Linked Image]

Packing one for my hunting partner.
[Linked Image]

This was an ancient old boy who likely wouldn't have made the winter he was so skinny.
[Linked Image]

Anyway Sam, horses were a huge part of my life for a lot of it - I still think I hear the red dun some mornings and he's buried in the yard.

Thanks again.

Dwayne

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

IC B2

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
wow,

just wow,

you northern and western guys that have posted on the last several pages are killin' me

anything I could post from here on out would just be like cheap whiskey!

ya!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Salty303
[Linked Image]

What’s the rest of that look like?

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
GWB;
Good evening to you my cyber friend, I hope all is well in your world and expect that you're not experiencing the cold snap that us northern folks are. wink

One of the things that originally led me to our cyber 'Fire and kept me here over the years is seeing how different folks from different parts of our globe hunt and enjoy the outdoors. To my way of thinking there's not one which is above the other, just different, unique and to this BC semi-old guy that content is of greatest interest.

Please take this as encouragement to keep posting your very fine photos GW, as I always enjoy them though I don't always comment.

This one is for Sam who likes it and for those of you who don't have to worry about the whiter shade of moisture - such as you Texans most winters!
[Linked Image]

Anyway that's just my view from a little north of the medicine line tonight GW.

All the best to you and yours.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 01/31/19. Reason: added for clarity - hopefully

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Wow!

This thread sure took a turn for the better.

From [bleep] show to fabulous ... when was the last time THAT happened?

Nice pics gentlemen!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Looks like I've just got one other kinda crappy pic Kingston

[Linked Image]

Just a quick and dirty dog box for the pup I built this spring. There's a panel in the middle front side that slides out from the top to let the dog in. I'm either going to cut this one down or do another with a little more thought once she's grown up a bit and not so hyper and I won't need it so jail like. Bolts on and off in 5 minutes so that parts good..

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Barn cat. Well it was but a rat nesting in my wife's car a couple yrs back made a hustle to get a cat, ended up with this one from some people leaving a farm. Fuggers straight house cat now .. no rats around tho

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Salty303; 01/30/19.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

longest shot I've taken on an elk across a canyon. He rolled into this darned alder thicket and I had a hell of a time getting in into a position I could get him broken down. The picture was taken just barely above him because it was so steep and it was the only place I could find to stand.

Bob
[Linked Image]

Attached Images
Last edited by Sheister; 01/30/19.

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

Caught this boy scratching his back on a post after spotting him crossing a canyon across from us. We had to do a bit of driving to get to his area, then my son and I spread out to cut him off. Took a bit of looking but found him taking it easy. Not bad for a spring bear. He would have been a lot heavier in the fall, but his hair is almost perfect..

Bob

Attached Images
Bear-Profile.jpg (81.84 KB, 48 downloads)

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Sheister

longest shot I've taken on an elk across a canyon. He rolled into this darned alder thicket and I had a hell of a time getting in into a position I could get him broken down. The picture was taken just barely above him because it was so steep and it was the only place I could find to stand.

Bob
[Linked Image]

Damnit, I shot a bull a few years ago with a borrowed rifle at 511 yards, that sombitch done the chubby checker twist for 90 degrees and fell his ass off backwards in a rock ledge, nothing hanging out but his head and neck, holy hellfire what a job that was.

Trump Won!
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Sheister, that's not an alder thicket. Come down to Chignik and I'll show you an alder thicket!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yup, this hill was at least 45 degrees or steeper. Every piece of wood around him had moss, water, or ice on it . One time while cutting away on him my feet got out from under me and I rolled about a 100 feet down the hill holding my knife out as far as I could so I wouldn't stab myself. Lucky that about 150 yards above him was an old road cut so we could pack him out on relatively level ground...

Funny story about this guy is we had spike only tags in this unit. We had just sat down and spotted a huge 7x7 Bull feeding on the other side of the canyon. Probably would have gone close to 400 score, so we sat and watched him for a while. As this was going on, this herd of about 20 elk came out of the woods about 1500 yards away and made its way down toward this bull. Spotted the spike in the herd, but couldn't get a shot because of all the cows milling around. As the herd got closer, the big bull took exception to the spike and started to spar with him- separating him from the herd. After a while he got tired of the game and wandered off but by this time the herd had moved to the top of the canyon. The spike slowly made his way back up to join the herd and stopped in a perfect place for a shot- 700 yards away. We were out in the open and the big bull spotted us and took off going warp speed. So, got the bipod anchored down as best I could and rested against a stump. Two shots and he walked about 20 feet and fell over to where this picture was taken. I was darned lucky I had my son and my nephew to help me pack it out...

Bob

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Looked like a blind from the back!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Wow!

This thread sure took a turn for the better.

From [bleep] show to fabulous ... when was the last time THAT happened?

Nice pics gentlemen!

It’s like using fish as fertilizer. Isn’t that an old Native American thing?

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Just the other day off of the patio.

[Linked Image][/URL][/img]

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
NICE!

Trump Won!
Page 73 of 1,068 1 2 71 72 73 74 75 1067 1068

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (1Akshooter, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 21, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 62 invisible), 2,453 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,450
Posts18,489,657
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.