Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
B
boliep Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B

I talked to the guy at the Montana Rifle Company booth today at the Dallas Safari Convention. He confirmed that their company was under new ownership. Their goal was to make the rifle better than it had been but certainly not detract from it. I voiced the concern about questionable customer service in the past. He said they were aware of the problems in that area by the previous owner and had terminated the problems.

My impression is that they are going to try to keep a quality product and take care of the people that purchase from them. The rifles that were on display were well finished and handled nicely. About what I had expected from having previously owned one of their rifles. He did not go into their manufacturing experience or firearm knowledge and I did not ask.

One concern was when he asked me which model of their rifle I had owned, I told him it was the predecessor to the X2. The model was xss or something like that. He did not know enough about the history of the rifle to know what model I was mentioning.

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times.
Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Bean Counters never waiver,in their innate inability to formulate a first fhuqking clue.

Hint..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I and my gun shop have tried to contact them for weeks about the action on my X3. No phone has been answered and emails haven't been replied to in over 2 weeks.
I would say their CS pretty much sucks.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Their website is pathetic, and contradicting on several specs, depending on the page.
Seems like the first impression of a company should be the first thing changed if it is truly a regrouping.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Tanker8
I and my gun shop have tried to contact them for weeks about the action on my X3. No phone has been answered and emails haven't been replied to in over 2 weeks.
I would say their CS pretty much sucks.

Originally Posted by KenMi
Their website is pathetic, and contradicting on several specs, depending on the page.
Seems like the first impression of a company should be the first thing changed if it is truly a regrouping.

Well that's disappointing...I was hoping they would get their [bleep] together. Of course, with SCI, DSC and SHOT there might not be anyone left in the plant on the Admin side of things.

IC B2

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Although, there are many other companies, even gun companies, with pathetic sites.
When catalogs changed to online info, that marketing aspect plummeted.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by boliep

I talked to the guy at the Montana Rifle Company booth today at the Dallas Safari Convention. He confirmed that their company was under new ownership. Their goal was to make the rifle better than it had been but certainly not detract from it. I voiced the concern about questionable customer service in the past. He said they were aware of the problems in that area by the previous owner and had terminated the problems.

My impression is that they are going to try to keep a quality product and take care of the people that purchase from them. The rifles that were on display were well finished and handled nicely. About what I had expected from having previously owned one of their rifles. He did not go into their manufacturing experience or firearm knowledge and I did not ask.

One concern was when he asked me which model of their rifle I had owned, I told him it was the predecessor to the X2. The model was xss or something like that. He did not know enough about the history of the rifle to know what model I was mentioning.

I wish them well, but honestly,what else would a rep say?

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Looks like they got a new lightweight model (Xtreme Ascent) ....same full size action with an ultra thin barrel contour, im not too impressed but they are at least introducing new models.......Hb

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KenMi

They build rifles, not websites.

Lets bitch at the IT guys when the rifle doesn't shine.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
On the other hand, I have an appreciation for MRC's situation: you have a mix of new and old personnel; those who survived the initial 'purge' are probably non-committal until they really know what their status in the long-term scheme of events. The new guys are still trying find their place. The new owner is surely aware of issues from an external perspective but now that he has keys to all the locks, he's trying to weed out all the problems - including people. If it were me, I would be giving all remaining employees a chance to start afresh and not rushing to judgment so not to inadvertently push out the good when I get rid of the bad. Yes, it would seem wiser to 'close down' while regrouping, but from a marketing and perception perspective, that sends a more ominous message than trying to remain accessible during the transition. Kind of like a "damned if you do - damned if you don't" scenario.

AKA The P-Man smile

If you cherish your memories with kids, be a good role model . . . . so the RIGHT memories of you mean something to them.
IC B3

B
boliep Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B

I went back to the Montana Rifle Co booth Saturday. I pried a business card away from the guy that I talked with on Thursday. He didn't seem like he wished to give it to me. No business cards were on the desk for any employee. It turns out I was talking to a data and marketing analyst. That does not give me a warm, fuzzy feeling like talking to a gun guy. If they know less than I know, they are probably worthless.

His name was Robert Petty with a business card number of 406-756-4867 x207. That is the only contact information I have other than the regularly published email and street address.

When I had my small but difficult to resolve problem with them years ago I tried this successfully. Go to their Facebook page and list your problem and what you have done to try to have it resolved including how many times you have emailed and called without any response. In my case the post was very quickly removed but I was also contacted by messenger on the Facebook site. Most importantly I got through to someone that solved my problem quickly. As a hint, do your letter on an email but then copy and paste it on the MRC site. That way you have correct punctuation and paragraphs. If you type and hit enter for a new paragraph, you will send what you have typed up to that point.

If they erase your posting and do not respond, post it again. If they block you have a friend make the same posting but include you had contacted them this way an you were blocked. If you make them uncomfortable enough or irritate them enough you will probably get action.

Good luck.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Glad they are improving.
Owned one of their rifles 8-10 years ago and had major issues. Their customer service was worthless. Sold it and moved on.
It’ll be a cold day in hell before I buy another

NRA Patron
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
It's going to be a long uphill battle for the new owner.

Good write ups and hands on demos are the only thing that might save them. Can't believe someone would order in the present state of the company.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I have a few of there rifles and never had an issue until this one. All of them are great shooters, but I will not buy another one after this CS fiasco.
It took me not recommending them and writing up my issue and experience so far on their facebook page to get a response from them. I wrote it on Friday morning and by midday I had a number and an email contact with a name to go with it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sad to here this. I was looking into ordering one. I think I'll wait a while.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
MRC has been a fhuqking Schit Show from inception.

Hint......................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
I have a .338 RUM in their ASR and I have no problems with it.

It is accurate with the 210 & 250 grain Nosler Partitions. Killed this cow elk with a 210 gr Partition.
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
B
boliep Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B

I really liked the MRC I had in 300 Win Mag. Very accurate and reliable. Just a bit heavy. Which is the only reason I sold it.

It had crossed my mind to try another MRC in their lightweight and newly released rifle, the X3. Since I just picked up a
Barrett Fieldcraft I think I will see how it turns out before trying something else. Besides, the Fieldcraft is about 2/3's of the
weight of the MRC that I recently sold.

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
My .338 RUM weighs 9 lbs and that is just right. wink

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Big Stick
MRC has been a fhuqking Schit Show from inception.

Hint......................

[Linked Image]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

104 members (10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 44automag, 99Ozarks, 673, 15 invisible), 1,630 guests, and 998 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,484
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.