Campfire Regular
t man I am a fla flat lander that is a bigg cut in the ground

HR IC

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

[Linked Image]

Pretty sure I've spent some time hunting that middle bull. You take that pic near a national monument?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
GW;
Good evening to you my cyber friend, I trust all is well with you and you're well clear of the cold issue which is plaguing us more northern folks.

When we were in Texas last spring it was largely your fine photos which influenced me to pick up a Shiner mixed pack and I have to say that's yet another thing which I very much enjoyed down in your wonderful state. cool

In the spirit of randomness, this is what happens when BC rednecks have both their pickups in the shop, but just have to go moose hunting.
[Linked Image]

My first and only Okanagan bull - from the mountain behind the house.
[Linked Image]

Eldest was practicing a lot and decided she was going to shoot her next buck in the noggin. I said sure - just watch the body language so you know it's not going to run. That's what she did and she's pointing to the entrance hole.
[Linked Image]

Her rifle was the one she inherited from my late father. I'd picked up a near new '96 Swede in the early '80's and reworked it into a hunting rifle for him. When he wasn't able to hunt anymore he asked me to pass it onto one of his grand kids. Years later she spotted it in the safe and it was hers from then on. Not a time she uses it that I don't believe he's smiling down just like the day he got it.
[Linked Image]

I'll end with a bunch of hunting knives - some of which are now in the girls' collections I see....
[Linked Image]

Thanks again all, and the rest of you north of Texas and Florida do try to keep warm!

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by chesterwy

[Linked Image]

Pretty sure I've spent some time hunting that middle bull. You take that pic near a national monument?

Fossil Butte National Monument...yes. He's the same bull as shown in the next picture down.

That was in Dec of 2014. I ate two cow elk tags as I saw dozens and dozens of bulls, but not a single cow off the monument.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BC30cal
GW;

[Linked Image]

That's awesome! I really need to get a scanner and digitize a lot of my 35mm pictures. Nothing really huge, but LOTS of critters.

Plus, since I was just getting out of my really crazy stage when digital cameras were becoming readily available and I was still poor, some of those 35mm pictures show some head scratching scenes...

IC B2

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G

[Linked Image]

Dwayne

Dwayne,

The three on the right that are similar to the Canadian Belt knife and Nessmuk really caught my attention.

Do you remember the maker and what he called them?

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by T_Inman

[Linked Image]

Fossil Butte National Monument...yes. He's the same bull as shown in the next picture down.

That was in Dec of 2014. I ate two cow elk tags as I saw dozens and dozens of bulls, but not a single cow off the monument.

That's most certainly him. I never could get him to break the plane of the monument. A guy from Cokeville picked up that years sheds on BLM land to the west of the monument. It's crazy how well versed those elk, and nice bucks are with the boundary.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
GW;

[Linked Image]

That's awesome! I really need to get a scanner and digitize a lot of my 35mm pictures. Nothing really huge, but LOTS of critters.

Plus, since I was just getting out of my really crazy stage when digital cameras were becoming readily available and I was still poor, some of those 35mm pictures show some head scratching scenes...

I need to do the same.
Started snapping photo back in '71 with my first Canon IIRC.
Got and A1 in 1978.

Lost a lot of stuff as we've had our domiciles flooded three different times since '78.

[Linked Image]

ya!

GWB

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T Inman;
Good evening to you sir, thanks for the reply and a huge thanks for your wonderful contributions to the thread - I always enjoy your photos even though I don't always comment.

Thanks for your service too, I very much appreciate that.

My goodness I hear you on the scans..... some things we just didn't take photos of either back when we were young and crazy.

Well I guess I need to post something random now - let's see - how about this T - how big must this guy have been?
[Linked Image]

He might still be actually as they live a fairly long time I believe. I saw this guy for a few years running.
[Linked Image]

If this isn't the same guy it's a cousin. There's a couple big ones living up in that spot.
[Linked Image]

Sorry that's so blurry, it was early and the digital zoom was giving me fits in the early light. The kinnikinnick was so heavy that year the big guy would just plop down and eat, then drag himself up, shuffle over and plop down again.

I don't really hunt bears anymore, though I carry a tag in case one doesn't understand my asking it to disembark forthwith. wink

Another local bear.
[Linked Image]

Thanks again T and all the best to you in the upcoming week.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Dwayne, forecast says we coolin' off for the next week, 8" of fluffy snow here today.

That is an awesome time frame of pics, well done my friend.

T Man, more ubah.....

Dub, late birthday present for my dad....
(This morning, I've not had any...yet)

[Linked Image]

IC B3

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Great photos guys.. Makes my day to look at these before bed... Just great!!

Gee, you surely enjoy a variety of brews... I like some of the crafts, but havent been able to go to the old one like I use to... Enjoy...

T, you have a photo with a bull moose and Marlin .45=70 I believe... Montana moose???

Molon Labe
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

[Linked Image]

That's most certainly him. I never could get him to break the plane of the monument. A guy from Cokeville picked up that years sheds on BLM land to the west of the monument. It's crazy how well versed those elk, and nice bucks are with the boundary.

Ya, it can be frustrating for sure. That picture was taken on BLM between Rock Creek and the Monument's west boundary, fairly close to the Monument's north boundary. I never have hunted that area during the general rifle hunt....are there resident elk that hang out in that area during October?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Wyo, those were great ram pics.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
Great photos guys.. Makes my day to look at these before bed... Just great!!

Gee, you surely enjoy a variety of brews... I like some of the crafts, but havent been able to go to the old one like I use to... Enjoy...

T, you have a photo with a bull moose and Marlin .45=70 I believe... Montana moose???

Yes sir...that was a shiras bull I shot in 2010, about a mile from the Idaho border west of Missoula. That's my .450 Marlin.
8 miles from the trailhead, solo. It took everything I had to lift the rear quarters up to the pack saddle. He was every bit as big as my 16 hand quarter horse. 54.5 inches wide.
It sucked at the time, but I sure am glad that hunt worked out the way that it did...heck of a story.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Ya, it can be frustrating for sure. That picture was taken on BLM between Rock Creek and the Monument's west boundary, fairly close to the Monument's north boundary. I never have hunted that area during the general rifle hunt....are there resident elk that hang out in that area during October?[/quote]

Yes there are quite a few that utilize the Aspen and Conifer Habitat on the western side of the monument. There's also a couple hundred that live on fossil ridge on the other side of the highway. They haul ass to the monument once deer hunters start showing up. I never had any luck getting a bull I wanted to kill on the BLM land. But they do filter off the monument at times. I don't hunt it anymore.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by SamOlson

Dub, late birthday present for my dad....
(This morning, I've not had any...yet)

[Linked Image]

Back at ya!

I seem to have inherited all the vices!

Thanks Dad and Pa' John, and Pa' Bill

I kiped my first smoke at 6 yrs. and got busted shortly after lighting up in the garage.

Stole my first knife at 7, from the cop next door. Got busted, and beat, and have not stole anything since.

IIRC my dad let me smoke my first cigar when I was 8. He told me I would get sick. Not then or ever.

And distilled spirits............

[Linked Image]

it's like Mother's Milk IMHO!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

How sweet it is!

[Linked Image]

How sweet it is!

[Linked Image]

ya!

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 02/03/19.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
T Inman;
Good evening to you sir, thanks for the reply and a huge thanks for your wonderful contributions to the thread - I always enjoy your photos even though I don't always comment.

Thanks for your service too, I very much appreciate that.

My goodness I hear you on the scans..... some things we just didn't take photos of either back when we were young and crazy.

Well I guess I need to post something random now - let's see - how about this T - how big must this guy have been?
[Linked Image]

He might still be actually as they live a fairly long time I believe. I saw this guy for a few years running.
[Linked Image]

If this isn't the same guy it's a cousin. There's a couple big ones living up in that spot.
[Linked Image]

Sorry that's so blurry, it was early and the digital zoom was giving me fits in the early light. The kinnikinnick was so heavy that year the big guy would just plop down and eat, then drag himself up, shuffle over and plop down again.

I don't really hunt bears anymore, though I carry a tag in case one doesn't understand my asking it to disembark forthwith. wink

Another local bear.
[Linked Image]

Thanks again T and all the best to you in the upcoming week.

Dwayne

Good stuff Dwayne...I suspect the bear that squeezed that turd out was a might bit on the big side. Are you even sure it was a black one?

I always enjoy your stuff as well.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
You're one high class SOB, GDub.

Keep it up.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
You're one high class SOB, GDub.

Keep it up.

They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery , so in tribute to T 'Man

"That's what she said'!

Ya!

GWB

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by geedubya; 02/03/19.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
This thread makes me smile

Last edited by REDVANES; 02/03/19.
Page 105 of 1,068 1 2 103 104 105 106 107 1067 1068

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (160user, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 01Foreman400, 1234, 65 invisible), 2,405 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,475
Posts18,489,932
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.