Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by Blackheart
They changed our season opener from Monday to Saturday several years ago right next door to you in New York and our season hasn't been shortened, in fact it's longer by two days. They also let us hunt on Sundays with a semi automatic and still we have deer and our seasons haven't been shortened.

Looking to NYS for legislative models informing policy affecting hunting, gun ownership, and our outdoor traditions is a hard sell.
Our hunting/ game laws are pretty good campared to Pa. and many other states. Semi auto's legal for deer hunting, Saturday opener, centerfire rifles legal for predator hunting at night, no blaze orange requirement. You sure ain't got nuthin to brag about as far as your game laws are concerned.

Last edited by Blackheart; 02/03/19.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Forest —trees... I can’t even drive through NYS with an 11 round magazine.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Nobody needs an 11 round magazine for deer hunting. And you still can't use a semi auto for deer hunting at all. Yes, NY has some seriously fugged up gun laws. There's no doubt about that but Pa. has some weird ass laws too. Enough of them that we are no longer considering Pa. as a possibility for our escape from NY retirement move.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
You wanna see a mess look at Pa. orange clothing laws....even the PGC do not know WTF is going on but every year hunters get pinched for not obeying them.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by 1bigdude
You wanna see a mess look at Pa. orange clothing laws....even the PGC do not know WTF is going on but every year hunters get pinched for not obeying them.

Don't even get me started about that.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
phugging Game Warden tried to pinch me for not enough orange on in the early MZ season while I was raking leaves on a trail into my deer stand! #1 he was trespassing with no probable cause. #2 I had no weapon of any sort but my Glock 9mm daily carry with my PTC in my pocket. #3 I threw him off my property!!!

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
#4 you woke from a deep dude sleep

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Nobody needs an 11 round magazine for deer hunting. And you still can't use a semi auto for deer hunting at all. Yes, NY has some seriously fugged up gun laws. There's no doubt about that but Pa. has some weird ass laws too. Enough of them that we are no longer considering Pa. as a possibility for our escape from NY retirement move.

Maybe Florida?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If it helps I can relay what has happened in Virginia. We used to have a Monday start to the deer season. It was eventually changed to a Saturday opener. Years later we eventually got hunting on Sundays on private land. I am not sure if that is where PA is headed, but that is what has happened in Virginia. BTW, the number of hunters is down here in Virginia too. Unfortunately, it is a dying sport.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

Yeah a little pup like you would know about naps. Why is it some little twit always feels compelled to comment on something they know chit about?

IC B3

K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K

Pennsylvania: Senate Committee to Consider Sunday Hunting Ban Repeal

Tomorrow, the Senate Game and Fisheries Committee is scheduled to consider pro-hunting legislation, Senate Bill 147.
Senate Bill 147, sponsored by Senator Daniel Laughlin, would expand hunting opportunities for Pennsylvania hunters by eliminating the prohibition against hunting on Sundays. Prohibitions on Sunday hunting are old blue laws left on the books in just a few states. They deny hunters access one day per week despite the fact that each year, hunters pump millions of dollars into habitat restoration and conservation through Pittman-Robertson funds.
Many hunters are prevented from introducing their children or friends to hunting because they are competing against organized sports and other activities on Saturday, which is currently their only opportunity to hunt outside of the work or school week. Countless hunters stop hunting because of the lack of opportunity, both in time and accessible land. The addition of an extra day in the field, especially on the weekend, increases the opportunity to enjoy our hunting heritage. Allowing hunting on Sundays will invigorate essential hunter recruitment and retention efforts.
Your NRA-ILA will continue to keep you updated on this important pro-hunting legislation as it progresses in the legislature.

FOLLOW NRA-ILA

NRA Lifetime Endowment Member
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B

Maybe Florida?
No way. I fuggin hate hot weather.

C
CBB Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Ken_L

Pennsylvania: Senate Committee to Consider Sunday Hunting Ban Repeal

Tomorrow, the Senate Game and Fisheries Committee is scheduled to consider pro-hunting legislation, Senate Bill 147.
Senate Bill 147, sponsored by Senator Daniel Laughlin, would expand hunting opportunities for Pennsylvania hunters by eliminating the prohibition against hunting on Sundays. Prohibitions on Sunday hunting are old blue laws left on the books in just a few states. They deny hunters access one day per week despite the fact that each year, hunters pump millions of dollars into habitat restoration and conservation through Pittman-Robertson funds.
Many hunters are prevented from introducing their children or friends to hunting because they are competing against organized sports and other activities on Saturday, which is currently their only opportunity to hunt outside of the work or school week. Countless hunters stop hunting because of the lack of opportunity, both in time and accessible land. The addition of an extra day in the field, especially on the weekend, increases the opportunity to enjoy our hunting heritage. Allowing hunting on Sundays will invigorate essential hunter recruitment and retention efforts.
Your NRA-ILA will continue to keep you updated on this important pro-hunting legislation as it progresses in the legislature.

FOLLOW NRA-ILA

Passed Senate committee 8-3 onto senate and house then Wolfe

Hunt...
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

Yeah a little pup like you would know about naps. Why is it some little twit always feels compelled to comment on something they know chit about?

Do you have pictures from the trail cam with a rake ?

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by gnoahhh

I don't see any issues with the orange clothing laws. It only takes about 30 seconds to read what you need to be wearing.

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery - Thomas Jefferson
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by OrangeDiablo

I don't see any issues with the orange clothing laws. It only takes about 30 seconds to read what you need to be wearing.

I understand what you are saying but they shouldn't be so confusing that I have to read them every time I go hunting either. I am in the woods a lot and can't keep them straight.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by jdunham
Originally Posted by OrangeDiablo

I understand what you are saying but they shouldn't be so confusing that I have to read them every time I go hunting either. I am in the woods a lot and can't keep them straight.

Same here, but this is a minor inconvenience considering the big picture. Or PA could be like NY and not require any orange. smile I almost prefer as much orange as possible when rifle hunting. Mostly for someone to see me from as far as possible and stay away.

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery - Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I used to hate the orange laws.
Then I started flintlock hunting with a group that
didn't wear it. One day, I got a lesson about
visibilty. I heard something coming, I got ready,
kept the muzzle down, the guy was never in any danger.
But, I couldn't see him, until he stepped out of the brush,
fairly close. What scared me was the what if.
What if, when he was 20 or 30 yards back,
a deer had come out in between us?
I would have shot.
I always wore an orange hat after that.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P

Wearing orange is not an issue for me here in PA (one would be foolish not to wear it) and almost all of the hunters that I see when hunting in Chenango County, NY wear at least a little....

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Poconojack

Wearing orange is not an issue for me here in PA (one would be foolish not to wear it) and almost all of the hunters that I see when hunting in Chenango County, NY wear at least a little....
The point is that blaze orange is not required in NY. It's up to you whether you wear it or not and with no minimum required amount you won't get hassled or ticketed for not wearing enough of it. Choice is good.

Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 1_deuce, 160user, 1234, 12344mag, 62 invisible), 2,281 guests, and 1,302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,136
Posts18,483,995
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.