Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
I am heading up to Big Sky, Montana tomorrow with the family for a week of skiing.

Since I will be close to Bozeman, can anyone recommend a gun store, pawn shop, etc. in that area that's got a good selection of used guns to peruse?

HR IC

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by shinbone
I am heading up to Big Sky, Montana tomorrow with the family for a week of skiing.

Since I will be close to Bozeman, can anyone recommend a gun store, pawn shop, etc. in that area that's got a good selection of used guns to peruse?

The best gun store in Bozeman, is in Ennis. smile Shedhorn Sports. Nothing here compares.

We have a Sportsman’s Warehouse, the regional Bob Wards and Murdoch’s, and a plethora of mediocre pawn shops. I wouldn’t bother with any of them.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Another vote for Shedhorn...or keep going up the road to Helena and Capital Sports and western.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Bozeman Walmart has fancier gun chit than the other Walmarts. Uppity fuggers!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
The Westley Richards store!

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation"
"Dangerous Game Hunting........because golf, football and baseball only require one ball"
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JCS271
The Westley Richards store!

Sorry, that store is gone with the Schwinn. The other place to look is the old Powderhorn which has become Schnee’s. They do have some guns in there on consignment that are worth a look, It isn’t what it used to be, but it does have more than anything else in town as far as decent used guns.

Hill Rod and gun in the old Bozeman Hotel is worth the ride in the elevator to the 4th floor. Charlie has a ton of nice double guns of all makes. It is a must stop if you like classy English guns that are affordable...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Yep Shedhorn is certainly worth a stop

S
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Thanks for all the suggestions!

Shedhorn Sports in Ennis sounds great. But, I am stuck with the family sharing one car, so it probably won't be feasible for me to make it to Ennis on this trip.

I will be sure to visit Hill and Rod, since I have a soft spot for SxSs. I'll hit Schnee's, too.

Since Bozeman will be as far as I can venture, of the Boseman pawn shops, which one is the best for used guns?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by shinbone
Thanks for all the suggestions!

Shedhorn Sports in Ennis sounds great. But, I am stuck with the family sharing one car, so it probably won't be feasible for me to make it to Ennis on this trip.

I will be sure to visit Hill and Rod, since I have a soft spot for SxSs. I'll hit Schnee's, too.

Since Bozeman will be as far as I can venture, of the Boseman pawn shops, which one is the best for used guns?

Action Pawn and Debo's Pawn on 7th avenue are right next to each other. Both are worth a look...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
The powderhorn is always fun to snoop around in!

IC B3

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Shinbone: As you are travelling south from "Four Corners" towards Big Sky there is another gunshop worth a stop and look see - I was in there last Friday.
They are closed Saturday and Sunday.
I am trying to find their business card but they are about 1 1/2 miles south of "Four Corners" on Highway 191 they are on the right (west side of the highway - visible from the highway) in a small strip mall - I forget the name of the shop but I have bought three guns from them in the past year.
They have quite a few guns on consignment and several used scopes.
I will add the name and street address to this post when I find them.
Travel careful.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Name of shop Gallatin Valley Firearms

Link: https://www.gallatinvalleyfirearms.com/contact-gallatin-valley-firearms/

Address: 80085 Gallatin Road - Unit "C"

Enjoy.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
VG - thanks for the info. Sounds like a good place.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

427 members (117LBS, 1Longbow, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 17CalFan, 48 invisible), 2,640 guests, and 1,129 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,972
Posts18,499,393
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.