S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by battue
Originally Posted by Dale K
Originally Posted by Steelhead
You think she also meant access to Deer hunting, the same as he had when he was young and without land? Then again, it may have originally been long time family land he was born to. Maybe not. However, he said if they asked he was fine with it, so I see little of her implication that applies here.

Addition: How often do you think she thinks about Deer hunting and the equality/access of it? You can do better....

I should be able to come onto your land and pick apples, shoot whatever the fugg I want, fish anytime I want and hell, I ain't got a well, I'll hook into yours for water.

We need a world without borders, because everything you 'have' is mine too.

Can't speak to your neck of the woods but in Pa, there are landowners who are fine with folks coming onto their and land picking apples in the abandoned orchard or shooting whatever (so long as it is in season). They are typically enrolled in one of the Game Commission Access programs. They are voluntarily sharing their ground with others. Not forced sharing like Ocasio-Cortez is pushing.

But there are fewer of those willing to share than there used to be. Mostly due to either someone abusing the land or a new landowner has the attitude "It's mine, all mine and I'm not sharing with anyone". In the 70's there wasn't a piece of posted ground within a mile of my house and virtually all the farms were in a access program. Now, posted signs are a dime a dozen and there are only 3 farms open to public hunting.

Dale

Careful Dale, you may get labeled thinking that way....

Are sisters up for the sharing too?

Seriously, fugg it, let them use your car, bank account, whatever the fugg. Of course the population being 50% more than when you old guys were kids has nothing to do with it. A new generation of give me, I don't have to work for anything.

If someone wants to let people hunt, or [bleep] their sisters, good on them, if the don't, good on them. I didn't grow up in the post war, boomer, liberal new deal drinking group.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
So you only ever hunted on your own land. public land or land you paid to hunt on ? Where did you hunt when you were a kid ?

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Blackheart
So you only ever hunted on your own land. public land or land you paid to hunt on ? Where did you hunt when you were a kid ?

Where did I hunt as a kid? Federal land in Alaska. And today I hunt in these 7 states EVERY year: Montana, Wyoming, Ohio, Texas, Alaska, North Carolina and good old Pa.....yes I pay to hunt or hunt on private property owned by friends. Son you got to put the phone down and use your hands for making some $$...then you can buy your own place with a stack of NO TRESPASS signs.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Careful Dale, you may get labeled thinking that way....

Are sisters up for the sharing too?

Seriously, fugg it, let them use your car, bank account, whatever the fugg. Of course the population being 50% more than when you old guys were kids has nothing to do with it. A new generation of give me, I don't have to work for anything.

If someone wants to let people hunt, or [bleep] their sisters, good on them, if the don't, good on them. I didn't grow up in the post war, boomer, liberal new deal drinking group.

Guess I got labeled. Several times but most of them don't fit.

Steelhead, I don't know why you have a problem with someone allowing the public to hunt their land but the next time you're visiting your in-laws and want to get away, there is a farm in western Pa. you can hunt. It's about 5 hrs from the Philly area and I'll buy the first round of drinks (the drinking label fits) afterwards. Come to think of it, if I buy the drinks, I'd be sharing my bank account too.

Dale

Last edited by Dale K; 02/09/19. Reason: clarity

This space for rent

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
From the Kids I see posted here, I seriously doubt the majority of them will fit into the "New generation of give me, I don't have to work for anything." Which would be the Kids we are talking about. Then the Pa population may be up 50%, but the hunting population here is down 50-75%. And the majority of those that are left in Pa don't go at it like their Dad's and Grandad's. But what the hell, just group all kids into the same picture and act that you know.

Last edited by battue; 02/09/19.

laissez les bons temps rouler
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by 1bigdude
Originally Posted by Blackheart

Where did I hunt as a kid? Federal land in Alaska. And today I hunt in these 7 states EVERY year: Montana, Wyoming, Ohio, Texas, Alaska, North Carolina and good old Pa.....yes I pay to hunt or hunt on private property owned by friends. Son you got to put the phone down and use your hands for making some $$...then you can buy your own place with a stack of NO TRESPASS signs.
I work full time building guns for azzholes like you and I sure as fugg ain't your son. Don't need my own land to hunt. Got tens of thousands of acres of State and NYC watershed land around here to hunt on. Also have lived here my whole life and have permission to hunt on the properties of several friends, neighbors and family members in the area. When I started hunting, I could walk out my dads back door and hunt all day crossing over several property lines and never see a posted sign. My grandfather and uncle both had farms that were never posted too, so azzholes like you could hunt my families land when they were young, then grow up to post their own property and not allow others access. It's a damn shame that hunters today are killing the sport through selfishness and greed when they had the good fortune to hunt all over other peoples property as kids and young adults themselves but that's exactly what has happened.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Well Blackie my suggestion to you is get a real job earn some real money cause until you do you will be stuck on the fringe. Once you have 7 figures invested in property THEN you get to comment on who is the azzwipe ...yourself or the fringe element of the hunting society.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
With each passing day this place becomes infested with more dicks.

Last edited by battue; 02/10/19.

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
As for having places to hunt, i don't see this as being an issue at least in PA. The issue is and has always been the reluctance on the part of people to put forth the effort to get to them. When I was a young kid we drove all day from the SE corner of the state to get to the NC part of the state for deer hunting. Most of the people we knew felt we were crazy for doing that when a short drive to upper Bucks county or the Poconos was all that was necessary for them.
Certainly those type areas have changed to the point that very little hunting can be done there except on what few areas of private/public land is left, most of which is posted.
But nothing has changed in the NC region, except that the area of open public land has actually increased. Certainly some posting has taken place, but by and large it's just along the paved roads, and dosent extend very far back from them.
But over the last ten years especially, the number of people hunting those lands have diminished to a very large degree.
Those who think that hunting opportunities have declined, need realize that to a large degree, they have only shifted to other areas. Today, the big woods is where the biggest bucks live, whereas 25 years ago it was the farm areas.
Even places like Potter county are suffering today as compared to the more rugged remote areas with lots of open land.
The main issue is that it is no longer as easy as it once was, in almost every way.
When I was young, deer season opening day was treated as though it were a state wide holiday.
Over the years the PGC has in fact listened, and changed rules in order to pacify hunter demands.
And here we are, still bitching about what few they haven't.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
With each passing day this place becomes infested with more dicks.

Yeah why don't you leave

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
You have the unique ability to ask the obvious and be stupid at the same time. Congrats????

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I could string you along for at least another 5 pages but the game is beginning to tire me.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Excuse and you and we know it.

Hint: acting the BA on the net will not fix your old fart low T. Seeing that you tire so easily. 😃

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 1bigdude
I could string you along for at least another 5 pages but the game is beginning to tire me.

Well, we are all humbled by your presence and gifts thus far.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by yobuck
As for having places to hunt, i don't see this as being an issue at least in PA. The issue is and has always been the reluctance on the part of people to put forth the effort to get to them. When I was a young kid we drove all day from the SE corner of the state to get to the NC part of the state for deer hunting. Most of the people we knew felt we were crazy for doing that when a short drive to upper Bucks county or the Poconos was all that was necessary for them.
Certainly those type areas have changed to the point that very little hunting can be done there except on what few areas of private/public land is left, most of which is posted.
But nothing has changed in the NC region, except that the area of open public land has actually increased. Certainly some posting has taken place, but by and large it's just along the paved roads, and dosent extend very far back from them.
But over the last ten years especially, the number of people hunting those lands have diminished to a very large degree.
Those who think that hunting opportunities have declined, need realize that to a large degree, they have only shifted to other areas. Today, the big woods is where the biggest bucks live, whereas 25 years ago it was the farm areas.
Even places like Potter county are suffering today as compared to the more rugged remote areas with lots of open land.
The main issue is that it is no longer as easy as it once was, in almost every way.
When I was young, deer season opening day was treated as though it were a state wide holiday.
Over the years the PGC has in fact listened, and changed rules in order to pacify hunter demands.

I didn't read every post, however, I think this one sums it up. Of all the posts I read, I hear there is no place to hunt and all closed up. I dont buy that cause every year in almost every state in N.E. USA , deer license sales are declining and in some areas they are like crazy. Some say there are so many hunters. True, where there are lots of deer and lots of deer means land that was open 40 yrs ago is leased. I can't blame any landowner that doesnt hunt if he leases his back 40ac. for $1,000 a year to pay taxes. Just can't . I have read several times about PA. where there were deer camps and hunters. Now the same areas have old deer camps that sit empty on opening day. Why?? No ned to look any further than the snide posts on this thread, the way hunters get . Want to move up opening day from Monday to Saturday and all hell breaks loose with a big pissin match between fellow hunters. Just unreal. I will bet money , I can go to PA. on opening day, jump off out the truck on a piece of big public land , head in more than a few hundred yds and see not see any blaze orange. Bet you money I can. No, like one poster said, it's not all that great of land but there are deer there. There is a guy here from Minnesota , I think it is Gunner 500. He knows of a camp he hunted in PA. He said several times that deer camps were plentiful but now they are mostly empty. PA hunting should be good , and better than northern WIs ., its further south. As for hunting in Wis. I see the same thing . Hunting pressure opening day in N.W. Wisconsin is down at least 75%. No one wants to hunt anymore . Old deer camps falling down. Some are built and 5 yrs later they are for sale. I saw three deer there this gun season, first deer since 2016 when I saw 1 nubby buck. Many years I dont even see a deer up there. In . S.E Wis. I also hunt public land. It is 5,800 ac. There are about 100 cars parked along the roads there and hunting is not exactly good there neither. Actually it is bad hunting by most standards but I hunt it for free and it is 4 mile drive there. I hunt about 1,000 ac. of the 5,800 ac. I make the best of it and refuse to complain. As for opening day, gun season opens Sat. before Thanksgiving and it should be at least 1 week earlier up north cause no one hunts there anymore. It would increase the buck sightings a lot. Want kids to see some bucks? Hunt the rut. It will not under any way devastate the does breeding numbers. No way, those old bucks have plenty of time and mostly move at night anyway. Need to open Sunday hunting there too. It is strange to close hunting on Sundays to me.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
C
CBB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
2 great posts right there.

Hunt...
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I'm not sure how I feel about this. On the surface, it sounds like it would make it easier for kids to go hunting. I am not sure that is true. The kids have to want to go. I think a borderline-interested kid will probably be more interested in going hunting if he is missing school (or already closed for that reason). It may turn out to be harder to pull a kid away from his/her friends, girlfriend/boyfriend, or other weekend plans. Taking away the day off (school closed or otherwise) will make it less special I think. we'll see what happens.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
In Wisconsin , I am all for an earlier season and PA. is about the same. Next year , Wisconsin gun opens Nov. 23. This yr it opened Nov. 17. There is a big difference in a season that starts 6 days later. The bucks are all but done rutting . Ya, I know, we still see them chasing but up in the big public land, the does are scarce. The bucks run themselves half to death for a few does. By the time Nov. 23 comes , they are tired. Trail cam pics of daytime bucks are rare, and I mean rare. One or two bucks a year after mid Nov. is rare to see a trail cam pic of any legal buck during shooting hours and this includes areas that are not even hunted so it's not hunter pressure. From Oct. 28 to Nov. 9 is when we get almost all our daytime pics of bucks, and many of those bucks would keep a youngin interested for a few more years and likely forever if they see a decent buck ever few years. Up there, you can go years without seeing a buck, any buck, even a spike is a real treat. The only way is to bait and keep a bait pile active . I refuse to hunt like that . If we outlaw bait , and everyone would stop baiting , the deer would move all day like they used to , at least a lot more than they used to. If we outlaw bait,and everyone stopped , we could hunt the whole month of November and not shoot any more bucks than the 9 day gun with bait. This way we can choose our time easier. You dont NEED to be out there opening morning a 5AM. Also, the second morning of gun season it was just below zero and a good wind. I didn't bother so I took a walk . I just dont have the desire to sit motionless in a tree for long . I likely have a deer from my home town with a bow. If the DNR wants more license , I suggest opening up season a bit earlier. One week would likely be warmer , more " fall ish " weather instead of winter. If y await to hun tlater go with a muzzleloader too if ya like the 10 below. We need to come up with something. Wisconsin lost another 14,000 gun sales tis year . Michigan wad down even more. It can't be much longer and leases will likely drop . No one hunting means less demand, less demand. Less lease demand will not fall off much cause as hunters get older, they say to heck with public and avr. age gun hunter in Wisc. is 54 yrs old. At this time in their lives , they say I will lease, sit in a warm blind on GOOD deer land and see deer. When they give up that ghost lease demand will be reduced. Has to . If license sales continue down , there is just less hunters on public. I have sure seen it in Northern Wisconsin. I have also seen it in S.E. Wisconsin too, but still a lot of hunters, just noticeably less. DNR had a big problem with gun sales. One reason is there are so many crossbow hunters now. Their success rate in Wisconsin is undeniable, and surely one reason gun hunters are tired of lack of deer, after 2 months of bow/crossbow seasons. Up north you get a bait pile going a few weeks and stupid spikes come right in. Put their heads down , stand broadside and shoot a bolt from an X bow with an aluminized scope on a rest. Its not even hunting and no harder than a deer target. To leave gun hunters sucking hind ttiit is not appreciated , although , I bow hunt , I dont bait. Baiting is for those who just want to say they shot a deer, the ones not baiting are out hunting .

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ihookem
Originally Posted by yobuck

I didn't read every post, however, I think this one sums it up. Of all the posts I read, I hear there is no place to hunt and all closed up. I dont buy that cause every year in almost every state in N.E. USA , deer license sales are declining and in some areas they are like crazy. Some say there are so many hunters. True, where there are lots of deer and lots of deer means land that was open 40 yrs ago is leased. I can't blame any landowner that doesnt hunt if he leases his back 40ac. for $1,000 a year to pay taxes. Just can't . I have read several times about PA. where there were deer camps and hunters. Now the same areas have old deer camps that sit empty on opening day. Why?? No ned to look any further than the snide posts on this thread, the way hunters get . Want to move up opening day from Monday to Saturday and all hell breaks loose with a big pissin match between fellow hunters. Just unreal. I will bet money , I can go to PA. on opening day, jump off out the truck on a piece of big public land , head in more than a few hundred yds and see not see any blaze orange. Bet you money I can. No, like one poster said, it's not all that great of land but there are deer there. There is a guy here from Minnesota , I think it is Gunner 500. He knows of a camp he hunted in PA. He said several times that deer camps were plentiful but now they are mostly empty. PA hunting should be good , and better than northern WIs ., its further south. As for hunting in Wis. I see the same thing . Hunting pressure opening day in N.W. Wisconsin is down at least 75%. No one wants to hunt anymore . Old deer camps falling down. Some are built and 5 yrs later they are for sale. I saw three deer there this gun season, first deer since 2016 when I saw 1 nubby buck. Many years I dont even see a deer up there. In . S.E Wis. I also hunt public land. It is 5,800 ac. There are about 100 cars parked along the roads there and hunting is not exactly good there neither. Actually it is bad hunting by most standards but I hunt it for free and it is 4 mile drive there. I hunt about 1,000 ac. of the 5,800 ac. I make the best of it and refuse to complain. As for opening day, gun season opens Sat. before Thanksgiving and it should be at least 1 week earlier up north cause no one hunts there anymore. It would increase the buck sightings a lot. Want kids to see some bucks? Hunt the rut. It will not under any way devastate the does breeding numbers. No way, those old bucks have plenty of time and mostly move at night anyway. Need to open Sunday hunting there too. It is strange to close hunting on Sundays to me.

Good post but you are thinking of Gophergunner and not Gunner 500.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ihookem
In Wisconsin , I am all for an earlier season and PA. is about the same. Next year , Wisconsin gun opens Nov. 23. This yr it opened Nov. 17. There is a big difference in a season that starts 6 days later. The bucks are all but done rutting . Ya, I know, we still see them chasing but up in the big public land, the does are scarce. The bucks run themselves half to death for a few does. By the time Nov. 23 comes , they are tired. Trail cam pics of daytime bucks are rare, and I mean rare. One or two bucks a year after mid Nov. is rare to see a trail cam pic of any legal buck during shooting hours and this includes areas that are not even hunted so it's not hunter pressure. From Oct. 28 to Nov. 9 is when we get almost all our daytime pics of bucks, and many of those bucks would keep a youngin interested for a few more years and likely forever if they see a decent buck ever few years. Up there, you can go years without seeing a buck, any buck, even a spike is a real treat. The only way is to bait and keep a bait pile active . I refuse to hunt like that . If we outlaw bait , and everyone would stop baiting , the deer would move all day like they used to , at least a lot more than they used to. If we outlaw bait,and everyone stopped , we could hunt the whole month of November and not shoot any more bucks than the 9 day gun with bait. This way we can choose our time easier. You dont NEED to be out there opening morning a 5AM. Also, the second morning of gun season it was just below zero and a good wind. I didn't bother so I took a walk . I just dont have the desire to sit motionless in a tree for long . I likely have a deer from my home town with a bow. If the DNR wants more license , I suggest opening up season a bit earlier. One week would likely be warmer , more " fall ish " weather instead of winter. If y await to hun tlater go with a muzzleloader too if ya like the 10 below. We need to come up with something. Wisconsin lost another 14,000 gun sales tis year . Michigan wad down even more. It can't be much longer and leases will likely drop . No one hunting means less demand, less demand. Less lease demand will not fall off much cause as hunters get older, they say to heck with public and avr. age gun hunter in Wisc. is 54 yrs old. At this time in their lives , they say I will lease, sit in a warm blind on GOOD deer land and see deer. When they give up that ghost lease demand will be reduced. Has to . If license sales continue down , there is just less hunters on public. I have sure seen it in Northern Wisconsin. I have also seen it in S.E. Wisconsin too, but still a lot of hunters, just noticeably less. DNR had a big problem with gun sales. One reason is there are so many crossbow hunters now. Their success rate in Wisconsin is undeniable, and surely one reason gun hunters are tired of lack of deer, after 2 months of bow/crossbow seasons. Up north you get a bait pile going a few weeks and stupid spikes come right in. Put their heads down , stand broadside and shoot a bolt from an X bow with an aluminized scope on a rest. Its not even hunting and no harder than a deer target. To leave gun hunters sucking hind ttiit is not appreciated , although , I bow hunt , I dont bait. Baiting is for those who just want to say they shot a deer, the ones not baiting are out hunting .

We gun hunter suck hind tit here in PA too.

Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

288 members (222ND, 160user, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 12344mag, 1eyedmule, 24 invisible), 1,816 guests, and 1,064 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,391
Posts18,469,828
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.