Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Wow! As I've said in other posts. Our family has quite a few Hawke products. Good glass, good ballistic app. and accurate. Now, finally after about eight years. One did take a crapper. Upon calling a Hawke representative she gave me her ID number. Told me to put a note with her ID number and explain the problem. I sent the scope back. Which was no longer being made, they sent me an upgrade and the whole deal took less than 10 days. I'd say that was pretty fair customer service. Now I'm still not sure personally, just what kind of long Jevity to expect from the product. But I certainly don't have any problem with their customer service! And have come to believe that sometimes on the Internet, people would bitch if you hung um with a new rope.

Take care, Willie

Cry to the heavens and let slip the dogs of war. For they must feed on the bones of tyranny. In order for men to have freedom and liberty.
GB1

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by czech1022
On the same subject but not about optics...I just took a look at a little-used and pampered S&W Airweight my SIL has, and noticed it has some defect in the frame metal. I looked up the warranty prior to packing it up to send back to them, and found this:

Smith & Wesson’s Lifetime Service Policy begins after the (1 year) warranty period has expired. Smith & Wesson will repair, without charge, for the lifetime of the original owner, any Smith & Wesson handgun purchased on or after February 1, 1989, and any M&P15 series rifle, that is found to have a defect in material or workmanship. Eligibility for this Lifetime Service Policy requires returning the Product Registration Card within 30 days of purchase.

Smith & Wesson covers the "original owner" only, and even then only if you thought to return the registration card! I'll bet there is nowhere in the owner's manual issued with each S&W product that the Lifetime Service Policy is void if you don't return the card!

What a crock!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
I am laughing right now about all the hoopla about hawke not having a great warranty. seriously people your getting butt hurt over a chinese made optic that is batch QC'd. Its the same thing with pretty much all of vortex crap. The companies know that 95% of people hardly ever shoot their guns. as long as the scope gets sighted in the first time, it might see a box of shells over the next 15 years. And for the 5% that actually shoot their guns much. They just replace those scopes. pretty simple actually. 5% come back, the company probably only paid china 5:1 for making them. That means they retail at a 500% markup. of course this is split with the manufacturer and the retailer, but if you are making anywhere near that kind of margin replacing 5 or even 10% of the scopes for free is like MEH, The same can be said for athlon and the rest of the chinese private label optics companies who make absolutely jack nothing and just put their name on it.

PEOPLE YOU ARE BUYING GARBAGE!!! seriously if you are worried about your investment buy optics that will maintain value, and might just not crap out in the first place. Usually this is going to be a company that acutally makes the optic themselves. OR its going to be made in japan or europe, END OF STORY! China is notorious for changing out parts to save even 1 penny per unit. The company that is private labeling the scopes have no idea. the customer gets to find out. a rifle scope is a precision instrument that must adjust precisely, and hold its zero under recoil. Why are you dinking around just buy better.

hawk, athlon, nikko sterling, BSA, vortex its all the same crap with a different name on it.

You are a phucqking retard.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by wdenike
Wow! As I've said in other posts. Our family has quite a few Hawke products. Good glass, good ballistic app. and accurate. Now, finally after about eight years. One did take a crapper. Upon calling a Hawke representative she gave me her ID number. Told me to put a note with her ID number and explain the problem. I sent the scope back. Which was no longer being made, they sent me an upgrade and the whole deal took less than 10 days. I'd say that was pretty fair customer service. Now I'm still not sure personally, just what kind of long Jevity to expect from the product. But I certainly don't have any problem with their customer service! And have come to believe that sometimes on the Internet, people would bitch if you hung um with a new rope.

Take care, Willie

That's awesome. They'll take care of you but told oldelkhunter he's SOL. That's the point. Fugg 'em if they aren't going to put it in writing.

--- Kid Rock 2022

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Based on the Company's written Warranty

No Receipt needed GOOD
Athlon
Burris
Bushnell
Leupold/Redfield
Meopta
Nightforce
Sightron
S&B
Steiner
SWFA
Tract
Vortex
Zeiss

Receipt Required BAD
Hawke
Leica
Nikon
Swarovski/Kahles
Trijicon
Weaver

--- Kid Rock 2022

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
I am laughing right now about all the hoopla about hawke not having a great warranty. seriously people your getting butt hurt over a chinese made optic that is batch QC'd. Its the same thing with pretty much all of vortex crap. The companies know that 95% of people hardly ever shoot their guns. as long as the scope gets sighted in the first time, it might see a box of shells over the next 15 years. And for the 5% that actually shoot their guns much. They just replace those scopes. pretty simple actually. 5% come back, the company probably only paid china 5:1 for making them. That means they retail at a 500% markup. of course this is split with the manufacturer and the retailer, but if you are making anywhere near that kind of margin replacing 5 or even 10% of the scopes for free is like MEH, The same can be said for athlon and the rest of the chinese private label optics companies who make absolutely jack nothing and just put their name on it.

PEOPLE YOU ARE BUYING GARBAGE!!! seriously if you are worried about your investment buy optics that will maintain value, and might just not crap out in the first place. Usually this is going to be a company that acutally makes the optic themselves. OR its going to be made in japan or europe, END OF STORY! China is notorious for changing out parts to save even 1 penny per unit. The company that is private labeling the scopes have no idea. the customer gets to find out. a rifle scope is a precision instrument that must adjust precisely, and hold its zero under recoil. Why are you dinking around just buy better.

hawk, athlon, nikko sterling, BSA, vortex its all the same crap with a different name on it.

You are a phucqking retard.

laugh

Seems there's much ambiguity with the written warranties - but that, right there, is a guarantee written in stone.
Though lack of tact and diplomacy aside, there's a thread or two of truth in what he's mentioned above.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There is, but few, and certainly not this old fart on a fixed income, can afford great glass on all their rifles. So decent, reliable (!) scopes go on the important ones, and bargain models on the others. If a $150 scope craps, even with NO warranty, I'm out a few bucks, maybe dinner and a movie's worth. BFD. So far, the only failure has been a cracked retaining ring on an old K2.5 that rode shotguns and more rifles than I can recall. Much ado about nothing here. Hopefully the weather will break soon and put an end to all this fussing and fuming. Turkey season opens in two months!

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
you can't handle the truth

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What the frick is that what you saw when you looked into your Chinese made Nikko sterling

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I think we'd have to admit that it is pretty sad when these Chicom companies have better warranties than Leica does.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just my $.02 and not wanting to fan the flames.

IMO, companies that can offer a no questions asked warranty (run it over, use it as a baseball bat, whatever) and they'll replace it are basically saying that their production cost allows for this.

The higher quality optics companies (Leica, Swarovski, Zeiss, S&B, etc) do not offer this as their production costs are far too high. Also, their failure rate is a small fraction of the failure rate of the companies that can toss your purchase in the trash and send a new one to you. You buy quality products because they are awesome and will not fail on you.

The best warranty is the one you, and nobody you know, know anything about because you never have had to use it.

Again, just my $.02

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I honestly can't remember warranty be the driving force for a purchase.

My thinking on No questions asked warranties are akin to what Doug posted. I also don't care if a warranty transfers or not.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Why do we hear so much about Leica's terrible customer service then? Some say it's improved, some say not, my recent experience tells me that it still lags far behind every alpha maker, and most everyone else. Why is that?

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I like something like this. No need for the No-fault stuff. Just stand behind the damned item. Even my buddies at Tract get it.

At TRACT Optics, we feel that actions speak louder than words, so while we could write up a fancy warranty with all kinds of legal jargon, we prefer to take the gentleman’s approach and treat our warranty program as a matter of trust. Ownership of any TRACT product automatically falls under the TRACT Trust Assurance regardless of whether or not you are the original owner. No time limit applies and no registration is necessary.

In the unlikely event that one of our products does not perform in the manner in which it was designed and engineered, we will make it right and ensure that the issue is resolved as quickly as possible. Should you have an issue contact us at supporttractoptics.com. We are 100% focused on providing you, our customer, with the finest quality and value in the optics industry.

--- Kid Rock 2022

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Hung Low Far gets it too....

ATHLON LIFE TIME WARRANTY
Your Athlon product is not only warranted to be free of defects in materials and workmanship for the lifetime of the product. Athlon will also repair or replace, at no charge to you, your product if you should damage it through normal use. No receipt needed, no registration required. This is a commitment that Athlon will be the best product you can buy for your money.

*This warranty does not cover damages caused by deliberate damage, misuse, theft or maintenance provided by someone other than the Athlon Authorized Service Department.

* Athlon Life Time Warranty only covers binoculars, riflescopes, spotting scopes, red dots, prism scopes, magnifiers, and laser rangefinders. Other Athlon Products have standard one year warranty.

* Please note that any altering of the products, such as cerakote coatings or spray painting, will void the warranty.

--- Kid Rock 2022

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Vortex....

Unlimited Lifetime Warranty
Fully transferable
No warranty card to fill out
No receipt needed to hang on to

--- Kid Rock 2022

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
SWFA SS 4-LIFE WARRANTY
Never Expires
Transferable, No Receipt Required
If We Cannot Repair It, We Will Replace It
No Questions Asked

--- Kid Rock 2022

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
Just my $.02 and not wanting to fan the flames.

IMO, companies that can offer a no questions asked warranty (run it over, use it as a baseball bat, whatever) and they'll replace it are basically saying that their production cost allows for this.

The higher quality optics companies (Leica, Swarovski, Zeiss, S&B, etc) do not offer this as their production costs are far too high. Also, their failure rate is a small fraction of the failure rate of the companies that can toss your purchase in the trash and send a new one to you. You buy quality products because they are awesome and will not fail on you.

The best warranty is the one you, and nobody you know, know anything about because you never have had to use it.

Again, just my $.02

Hush now Doug. And don't tell anyone that these companies just might put their money where their mouth is. By putting it in the product, not into replacing product. That every Tom, Dick, and Hairy, dropped, ran over and purposely abused. To get free chit. There used to be a dam good knife company in Walden, and Ellenville NY. That guaranteed the knives even against LOSS. OLD TIMER KNIVES. " KNIFE LIKE GRANDAD USE TO HAVE" There not around any more. But they made a quality product! Apparently other companies have figured out if every one they sell they make the profit of two. There for they can give a few away, maybe. I personally prefer the money going into the product. Not trying to play the odds on what they have to replace. But that's just me. Probably the long way around what you were saying Doug?

Take care, Willie

Last edited by wdenike; 02/12/19.

Cry to the heavens and let slip the dogs of war. For they must feed on the bones of tyranny. In order for men to have freedom and liberty.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Yah, Nightforce must be scamming.... TRACT too, I never trusted those guys. Vortex? Yep bastids. Leupold, Dohhhh yah they could be LOL.... Don't forget the rip-offs at SWFA with those bogus warranties for crap products. Chris you big Texas meany!
Sarcasm font warning for the dense....

Just state it clearly, if the product fails you'll stand behind it. Or not...

--- Kid Rock 2022

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

285 members (222ND, 160user, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 12344mag, 1eyedmule, 23 invisible), 1,802 guests, and 1,057 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,391
Posts18,469,828
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.