-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Pasties are good, but if you make it all the way up to the iron range you can get a cudighi. That is a real treat.
https://yooperrecipes.com/cudighi/

https://abc10up.com/2017/12/08/cudighi-provides-uniqueness-deliciousness-yoopers/

Last edited by Youper; 02/12/19.

Brushbuster: "Is this thread about the dear heard or there Jeans?"
Plugger: "If you cant be safe at strip club in Detroit at 2am is anywhere safe?"
Deer are somewhere all the time
To report a post you disagree with, please push Alt + F4. Thank You.
GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Jeff, I would do my best to be there, although it’s kind of far for me. Gotta be at least 1.5 hour drive....😁
For folks wanting to fly, Green Bay is about 1.5 hour drive, Appleton is 20 minutes further. Milwaukee is probably 3 hours. Anyone coming from the East by car would avoid Illinois by coming up through lower Michigan.
I could easily be convinced to pick some of you up in Green Bay and haul you up there. I have room at my house if you’re coming in a day early...

Brian

RAS Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
You can also fly right into Escanaba via Delta Airlines. The Airport code is ESC.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
You can recognize the planes that fly into the UP, their power plants are two to four UP mosquitos!

RAS Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Seems like there is enough interest for me to start an exploratory committee. First thing is to find a place. I am thinking the VFW or the State Fair grounds. I know a few County sheriffs that can moonlight for night security duty. More to follow.

My home is big and can serve as a drop off location if someone wants to hit the Bay for walleye or the Whitefish River for brookies.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RAS
Seems like there is enough interest for me to start an exploratory committee. First thing is to find a place. I am thinking the VFW or the State Fair grounds. I know a few County sheriffs that can moonlight for night security duty. More to follow.

My home is big and can serve as a drop off location if someone wants to hit the Bay for walleye or the Whitefish River for brookies.

If everything works out, I'm sure Savage Fest 2020 will be a fine show. Thanks for the effort Jeff!
Escanaba area is some pretty country land or sea.

Also of importance, some of us like to eat. smile
Dobbers Pastie, Hereford and Hops and the Swedish Pantry are at the top of my list...

"Every day above ground is a good day."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm really looking forward to this. If this all works out, and depending on when we do it, I might bring my boat and would like to offer up some fishing time to anyone interested in going out. We can seat four comfortably. Or maybe a charter run for fish on the big lake would be better. I'm willing to help in any way I possibly can. We'd be doing this as a vacation and plan on coming for a full week. Those who've never explored the U.P., and the Escanaba area in particular are in for a real treat, and I strongly recommend staying a few days if life and work permits.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

60 members (akrange, 7mm_Loco, 300_savage, 99Ozarks, 7 invisible), 1,552 guests, and 758 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,626
Posts18,492,910
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.