Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 23 24
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Finally in a position to move. House is sold. I’m looking for any helpful info on relocating. Initially I was looking into Wyoming but I can’t find anything suitable in my price range. I prefer a cabin or property in a mountainous part of the state. I continually read that Montana is turning into a liberal state. I don’t want my new home to turn into my old one (NJ). Should I be looking at another state? I’m an avid hunter, fisherman and trapper. What part of the state has the most variety of (huntable populations) game? Most of my research says the game populations are falling in the NW part of the state. I guess that’s wolves at work?? I love to predator hunt so bears and wolves are welcome neighbors. I’m not a fan of people so I don’t want to be near a population center. People generally suck....at least around here they do. I have a pension so I don’t need a job so that isn’t a factor. I’m hoping to fly out in May to check some properties and maybe piggyback a little bear hunting onto the trip if the weather cooperates. Thanks

GB1

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Yes. Go see for yourself.

I am MAGA.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
We are already full of immigrants. Try N. Idaho.

D
DHN Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
If you can't find anything suitable in your price range in Wyoming, chances are you won't in Montana, either. I think the falling game populations have more to do with the reduced logging over the past decades; instead of a variety of habitat from clearings of multiple ages, much is growing back into thick forest. The mountainous parts of the state, where you want your cabin, are the parts where population has grown greatly the last 30+ years; plains are losing population. I guess it depends on what you consider acceptable population density. Montana is not considered a retirement friendly state, tax-wise.

Dale

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A) As long as you're not a liberal trying to escape a liberal mess only to help start one here, come on over.
B) In my opinion, the best area for you to relocate based on your criteria is SW Montana. Oh, it has it's share; but, the Gallatin Valley and the Bitterroot Valley are slowing becoming liberal havens. You might also seriously consider the little towns of Neihart or Monarch or even White Sulphur Springs. The Little Belt Mountains, in which those three towns are located, is what I call the undiscovered jewel of Montana. It's far enough away from the larger populated areas to not yet be infested with a large share of liberal stupidity.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by callnum

it's worse.

Have Dog

Will Travel

H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H

What town do you live in? I’d like to avoid it because you’re clearly an asswipe and can’t comprehend what you read. I didn’t ask about N. Idaho. I asked about Montana so GFY

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The game numbers in the N.W. are down, if you want to hunt and trap wolves you may like it? What is your budget? Can you do off grid?

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Hunter 4623, when I read your post all I could think of is the beginning of Jeremiah Johnson.

"Where can I find bears, beavers, and other such critters worth cash money?"

Last edited by horse1; 02/13/19.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Budget is $300k. I prefer to do off grid. I’m looking for a remote cabin or property. I don’t mind living in a small cabin while I build a house. No wife or kids so space isn’t a big concern. Building a place in the mountains is kind of a bucket list item. I want to enjoy the process and not be a slave to it. This is probably the place I’ll live in forever so I’m not in a rush

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ok , $300k should be doable, I am not up on real estate prices but a few years ago I saw land in the Garnet Mtns east of Missoula listed for reasonable prices. You would have to snowmobile in during winter.
Another area with reasonable prices is Anaconda , any of these areas will be liberal free for a long time.

Just avoid Whitefish, Bozeman , Missoula and you shouldn't have to worry about liberals to much.

A favorite area of mine is around Ovando, land is kinda expensive though. Off grid opens up a bunch of possibilities.

PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
If you hate people you'll probably fit in over by Glacier National Park.

The last time I was out that way the residents there all hated *me*. Of course, they'll hate you too. But that's all part of the deal!

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
That does not seem like much money for where you want to be.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Sounds like you got things mapped out pretty well.

Best of luck.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You need to consider the availability medical care, the bigger cities like Helena, Missoula, Kalispell, etc will have it. Smaller towns like Plains, Havre, etc won't have many medical options. Smaller more remote towns will be cheaper, but it will be a air ambulance trip to a bigger town if you have a major issue. Remember winter no joke, if you buy a place off the main roads you might be accessing town via snowmobile, also you will be chaining up every trip. Also make sure you have at least phone and power, living off grid won't be a picnic at -30. Lots of folks come here with your dream, and a lot leave after a year or two.

If your looking for remote, visit now and see what winter will bring. By May it will be melted out and you won't have a clue.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

is there lots of liberals like you in Montana?

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hunter4623

What town do you live in? I’d like to avoid it because you’re clearly an asswipe and can’t comprehend what you read. I didn’t ask about N. Idaho. I asked about Montana so GFY

Ignore that guy.

He's a Tester voting liberal whore.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Yep, we don’t want you.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Ignore that guy.

And you are a pussy.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Ignore that guy.

And you are a pussy.

Wrong again. But unlike you, I do like it.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 23 24

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 1minute, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 54 invisible), 2,509 guests, and 1,322 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,474
Posts18,471,489
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.