Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Anyone have any idea what kind of trigger this is? I doesn’t have any markings of any kind that I can see. It came on a model 70 featherweight pushfeed, early 80s vintage. I’ve never seen one like it.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Oh, and believe it or not, deer bite. Fairly hard.
GB1

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Does anyone even have a guess?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I would guess Karl Kenyon. He made great triggers with a drill and file. His Win 52 Triggers have that outward appearance and bring no less than $700 these days; guys won't blink giving $950 for a super clean or NOS one.

PA Bear Hunter, NRA Benefactor Member
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Dear lord, that's ridiculous! After looking online, it does fairly strongly resemble the ones I could find pictures of. Does anyone know if he would have made any model 70 triggers? All I know at this point after cleaning it up is, it's a very light, crisp trigger!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It does look like a kenyon. Too bad he's passed on. I'd never heard of him doing an M70 trigger...but you know what they say about never. I would more expect one of his triggers to be found on a Highpower Match Rifle.

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I copied the pics and will forward to a friend who had dealings with Karl Kenyon. This past year he offered me a half dozen or more NOS and slightly used Kenyon Triggers for 52D's. I didn't have a need but asked for a total for the lot to tell others (Prone Shooters and Collectors) I was told $500 each for all if they took them all. They were gone before I made the first phone call to an interested party. A friend of mine died a few years ago and his wife found the small box filled with the triggers this past summer in a shed in the backyard. Dave Cramer was a former AMU member, Collegiate Rifle Coach, serious Prone Competitor, my mentor in coaching, and friend. Another close friend was selling them for her, and he knew Karl Kenyon and did in fact sell a NOS KK trigger of his own for $950 in about 15 mins!

The Karl Kenyon triggers were hot in Smallbore Matches and remained popular to this day in Smallbore Prone where a single stage trigger can still compete. The two stage triggers since circa 1984 have dominated the scene in International events.

300 Meter Free Rifle has been out of the Olympics for years. This trigger looks like it would be out of a 300 Meter Free Rifle with the LOP adjustment on it.. We will hopefully find

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Awesome, thank you for the help!

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Well I have no news. My friend never saw that trigger and figures it would be very rare if it is a Kenyon made Win 70 trigger. The mystery continues.

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Someone has to know something, lol

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Send that picture to X-Treme Shooting products and see if that was an early version.

http://www.x-tremeshooting.com/index.php?action=contact

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A search turned up someone that had a Kenyon trigger installed on an M70 Target gun, so I guess it's been done. http://forum.accurateshooter.com/threads/anschutz-karl-kenyon.3925980/
The search also showed that PTG is manufacturing an M70 Kenyon design trigger...for a lot less than $500-1000.

My M70's have tuned factory triggers and one has an Anschutz. I have a Kenyon 52D trigger and a 37 trigger. I guess I'd better hang onto those!

Last edited by ChrisF; 03/06/19.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm getting off the subject. Karl lived +/- 2 miles away, you wouldn't think he'd be this famous. His shop is still standing, it's maybe 10' X 16', an old corrugated steel shed. When his house sold whoever did the clean-up hauled 60+ barrels to the dump, mostly rimfire. A coworker told me they were there and I grabbed what was left. They're all pretty rusty but the bores on most looked fairly good. I looked pretty hard for the trigger parts without any luck, he used to keep them in a small wood box.

Karl was quite the character. A friend brought a Cooper varmit rig in, the firing pin wasn't hitting the primers hard enough. Karl clamped it in his vice, kinda barked up the jeweling, but 20 minutes later had it back together.

Since we're talking M70 triggers he did clean up one of mine. Didn't take very long, he handed it to me and walked in his house. After 10 minutes I figured he wasn't coming back out so I called a friend who had him do a bunch of work. He told me Karl always did that, and for me to leave $50 in the drill press and go home.

Sure miss that old guy.

Eagles may soar, but a weasel never got sucked into a jet turbine!
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by weaselsRus
I'm getting off the subject. Karl lived +/- 2 miles away, you wouldn't think he'd be this famous. His shop is still standing, it's maybe 10' X 16', an old corrugated steel shed. When his house sold whoever did the clean-up hauled 60+ barrels to the dump, mostly rimfire. A coworker told me they were there and I grabbed what was left. They're all pretty rusty but the bores on most looked fairly good. I looked pretty hard for the trigger parts without any luck, he used to keep them in a small wood box.

Karl was quite the character. A friend brought a Cooper varmit rig in, the firing pin wasn't hitting the primers hard enough. Karl clamped it in his vice, kinda barked up the jeweling, but 20 minutes later had it back together.

Since we're talking M70 triggers he did clean up one of mine. Didn't take very long, he handed it to me and walked in his house. After 10 minutes I figured he wasn't coming back out so I called a friend who had him do a bunch of work. He told me Karl always did that, and for me to leave $50 in the drill press and go home.

Sure miss that old guy.

Karl's son shipped me 4 mod37 barrels (factory), 2 Eric Johnson 5 star mod37 barrels, and a 5 star barrel for a Morgan receiver. Some are good and well, some are rusty.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Butch, I'm pretty sure I sold you some of the barrels I scavenged, they were pretty rusty also. You said you may make dies out of 'em?

I kept several barrels with Karls' name on 'em.

Eagles may soar, but a weasel never got sucked into a jet turbine!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

62 members (14idaho, 10gaugemag, 406_SBC, 907brass, 12 invisible), 1,433 guests, and 746 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,726
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.