-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 16 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 15 16
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have the 338-06 and the 338 Federal..Had a Whelen... 338 of either or both. wink

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mitchellmountain
It’s winter and I’m looking for a project. I’m considering a couple.

1. Rem 700 Mountain rifle I picked up here in 30-06. Price was great and it turns out it shoots and fits me well. Already have another 30-06 so that niche has been filled and was considering having the mountain rifle rebored to 338-06, little more oomph. For future elk hunts and the occasional bear(Black not brown). JES would do the work.

I don't own a 700 Mtn rifle but the web seems to think it's a .550" OD at the muzzle, so you can likely forget .358" and above as Jess has said he doesn't want to do anything < .100" wall thickness.

Murphy was a grunt.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by fremont
It’s winter and I’m looking for a project. I’m considering a couple.

1. Rem 700 Mountain rifle I picked up here in 30-06. Price was great and it turns out it shoots and fits me well. Already have another 30-06 so that niche has been filled and was considering having the mountain rifle rebored to 338-06, little more oomph. For future elk hunts and the occasional bear(Black not brown). JES would do the work.

I don't own a 700 Mtn rifle but the web seems to think it's a .550" OD at the muzzle, so you can likely forget .358" and above as Jess has said he doesn't want to do anything < .100" wall thickness.

Talked to him yesterday and he related pretty much what you said. I will be going 338-06 on the mountain rifle if I end up using that gun as a donor. Not sure which way I want to go yet. Truth is I mostly just hunt deer and bear, elk only very occasionally. 30-06 will get it done on all 3, 338-06 just adds some extra oomph. There have been many times with a 308 I thought it was more than enough for whitetail, 358 was a hammer the times I used it. First world problems.

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Have I mentioned that my choice would be the .358 Win?

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I've had both and agree on the ordering a remage spout in 280 Rem AI with a 1 in 8 twist, or just using better bullets in your 30-06.

In my opinion, the 338-06 and 358 offer nothing over the 30-06 and 308.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Bullets are of course,that which matters most. The 338 250gr Skinner is simply exceptional,both in it's construction and aero form. You reap a .648 BC,they are amazingly cheap for whatcha' reap,everything is twisted right to handle same and nothing else will hang with 'em. They's magbox friendly too. If a guy is building on a 700 and has a shred of sense,the 285 Hornie ELD brings an .829 BC to the table. Hint.

The 250 Skinners become a staple for more than a few,for both Mooses and Brownies,though with the .284" 180 ELD on the scene,nobody is buying/building larger bores anymore.

The 250 Skinner is a GOOD pickle boolit...as it's reliably keep a guy outta a pickle. Though such thangs only apply to the REAL Outdoors and is moot to Windo Licking Clueless Fhuqks as a whole.

Hint...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
"In my opinion, the 338-06 and 358 offer nothing over the 30-06 and 308."

Just another choice.

Different flavors never hurt a thing.

Anything other than a 12 gauge a .22 long rifle and a 30-06 could be argued to simply be reinventing the wheel.

Whatever floats your boat.

It isn't energy that kills, its holes.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Facts and Physics ain't "subjective".

Hint.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
A 250 grain Nosler Partition is better.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
elkchunt,

It's your Imagination,simply Pretend with it as you MUST. Be sURE to start a Thread,after you see your first 250gr Skinner. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Don't "forget" that you "can't read this",as you fire up your GoogleFu and plagiarize,because it is ALL that you can "do". Hint.

Besides being a CLUELESS Kchunt,you are also a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit,as you yet again "forgot" about your exhaulted Imainary Pretend Ignore. What were the "odds"? Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for TRYING.

Hint.

Laughing!...............

IC B3

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Forgive my ignorance which bullet is a 250 skinner? I do t speak bullet ebonics.

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Forgive my ignorance which bullet is a 250 skinner? I do t speak bullet ebonics.

They are wellllllll beyond your "means","abilities" and "experience". Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart for trying though.

Hint.

Laughing!.............

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Big Stick

They are wellllllll beyond your "means","abilities" and "experience". Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart for trying though.

Hint.

Laughing!.............

Seriously though I’m asking, your description of them has piqued my interest. As far as means, expansive enough to buy bullets, My abilities include the skill set of loading my own ammunition for 8 years now and since I have no experience with those bullets that is why I am asking. What is a 250 skinner, I would like to purchase some.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've never even heard of 'em.

LAUGHING!............

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Semper Fi
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Lapua .338 250gr HPBT Scenar

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thanks for the replies, not sure why it’s hard to type a simple coherent response for some.

MM

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
bitchell,

If/when your Imagination and it's Pretend find me "mistaken",be sure to throw a flag and start a Thread...because it will be FUNNIER than fhuqk. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You may consider a Hurt Feelers Report and Imaginary Pretend Ignore. Hint.

Bless your heart.

Hint.

Laughing!.................

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Big Stick
bitchell,

If/when your Imagination and it's Pretend find me "mistaken",be sure to throw a flag and start a Thread...because it will be FUNNIER than fhuqk. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You may consider a Hurt Feelers Report and Imaginary Pretend Ignore. Hint.

Bless your heart.

Hint.

Laughing!.................

You mention 250 skinners over and over, I didn’t know what bullet you were referring to. Asked for a simple clarification, I was given a string of words that were not related to question. Not pretending anything, it is literally written in your posts above. No offense meant or even gently applied. I have no hurt feelings, or feelings at all toward you.

Carry on

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Thanks for the replies, not sure why it’s hard to type a simple coherent response for some.

MM

Because he's a useless inbred mongrel with no.life outside of this forum....

He has nothing, nothing but this forum that's why he had to beg, for bin to allow him to come back.

He's a failure at every facet of his life.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Page 7 of 16 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (10Glocks, 1badf350, 1lesfox, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 59 invisible), 2,512 guests, and 1,440 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,194
Posts18,485,016
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.