Home
It’s winter and I’m looking for a project. I’m considering a couple.

1. Rem 700 Mountain rifle I picked up here in 30-06. Price was great and it turns out it shoots and fits me well. Already have another 30-06 so that niche has been filled and was considering having the mountain rifle rebored to 338-06, little more oomph. For future elk hunts and the occasional bear(Black not brown). JES would do the work.

2. Bergera woodsman in 308, again rebored by JES , to 358 win. Rifle is great, always felt a little chunky so not what I would grab for a long backpack hunt or anything I would take out for long range shooting out west. I used to have a 358 savage 99 but it didn’t fit me and was a punisher to shoot. Would love to have another 358 for a PA deer/bear gun that packs a punch and for something a little different than the norm.

3. Neither, it’s winter and I can’t hunt so I’m looking for something to do. Just go to the gym a few more times a week till spring arrives and I can chase turkey.

What’s your opinion?
Neither
.358 Win
Well, I am a fan of the .338-06, being on my third one, so that would be my choice. Ammo and brass are readily available these days, which makes it more enjoyable to play with. It is a good elk cartridge and would also be more than adequate for any black bear you might want to tag.

And, everyone needs a winter project. grin
Neither....I’d go 35 Whelen personally.
Originally Posted by elkaddict

Yup.
Originally Posted by elkaddict

Though I am not recoil “shy” I think a stout whelen charge pushing heavies( where I think the whelen shines) would be much in my lightweight mountain rifle. I keep thinking the 338-06 would hit a sweet spot.
Long action -> 9.3x62

Short action -> 338 FED
You already have the donors to do both. Why not do both?
There isn't much meat in a 700 Mountain Rifle contour for reboring.
Seems your Mountain Rifle '06 barrel would end up "awfully thin" if you have it bored out to .338? I bet the Bergara has more meat in the barrel. You "could" have the Bergara bored out to the .338 Federal and have the best of both. 358"esq" performance in the woods and with the Barnes 160-185 able to go "out West" and hunt anything you would with the 338/06....just another option for you. Leave the '06 alone. smile
There's not a single .35cal boolit worth a fhuqk. Hint.

The .338" bore sizing is flooded with Skookum bullets. Hint.

Pass the 7-08 and hold the Fluff.

Hint................
I've owned 338-06 and 35 Whelen in the past. Both have recoil almost identical to 300 WM and I came to the conclusion my 30-06 loaded with 200 gr and heavier bullets would do exactly the same thing. If I'm getting 300 WM recoil, then I'll shoot a 300 WM.

Every time I look at 338 Fed or 358 I come to the same conclusion that they don't do anything a 308 won't do and for the same reasons. And 30-06 beats both of them with about the same recoil.

There are very good reasons why none of those have ever become mainstream, and never will. But at the same time they will kill stuff and if you just want to be different from the masses there is nothing wrong with that either. I'm content to keep life simple. But if I were tempted to go that route again I'd go back to 338-06.
Bullets matter wayyyyyyyyy more than headstamps.

Pass the .284" 180 ELD and hold the Fluff.

Hint..................
Originally Posted by Big Stick

Hint..................

Hard to rebore “ down”
For the rebore Entry Fee,you are a goodly ways towards a Top End S/S spout. From there,you get to spec chamber dimensioning,along with RPM...while banking S/S all along.

Same goes a 280 build on the Twat-Six Donor and it of course benefits from VERY forgiving COAL latitude,which connects dots nicely.

Hint.................
Posted By: Dre Re: 338-06 or 358 win or neither? - 02/16/19
if you want a thumper.
9.3x62.
guys on here are getting 250 grain Accu bonds at 2600+ fps. that' very similar balistics drop of 180 grain out of 30-06 at 2700 fps..... but a lot more thump.
Adding recoil,expense and Stupidity,don't connect dots.

Hint...............
Originally Posted by mitchellmountain

Hint..................

Hard to rebore “ down”

Pass the 250 grain Nosler Partition or Swift A-Frame in the .338/06. In the .358 a 225 Nosler Partition or Swift A-Frame. Those will beat the hell out of a "boutique" bullet any day. wink
I like all the Rounds Mentioned,
But a mountain Rifle in 30,06 would be just fine as is. But if there is not enough barrel for the re bore you could probably find something to ,trade for.. Its surprising what you might find a good deal on in 06. I got into a pre 64 06 for 550,00 . Some body Refinished the stock and cericoated it before i found it. That might make a great 338,06. and they are not hard to find.
The 250 Skinner will outperform the works and by a vast margin. Be SURE to chime in,once you "see" your first. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Besides being a CLUELESS Kchunt,you are also a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit,as you yet again "forgot" about your exhaulted Imainary Pretend Ignore. What were the "odds"? Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for TRYING.

Hint.

Laughing!...............
List all the animals you have killed (pics also) with the 180 ELD?
I've never even seen one. They sound expensive. Don't "forget" that you "can't read this". Hint. Congratulations?!?

Besides being a CLUELESS Kchunt,you are also a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit,as you yet again "forgot" about your exhaulted Imainary Pretend Ignore. What were the "odds"? Hint. LAUGHING!

Hint.

Laughing!...............
No pics of animals you killed with a 180 ELD,imagine that.
Cameras are expensive. Hint.

I've never even seen one. They sound expensive. Don't "forget" that you "can't read this". Hint. Congratulations?!?

Hint.

Laughing!...............
[Linked Image]
Pardon my being more than a touch comfy in the "odds". Hint. Congratulations?!?

You could fire up your GoogleFu and plagiarize,while you do your best not to schit your pants today. Hint.

Hint.

Laughing!...............
Neither, If you looking for a good "thumper", just load your 06 up with 200gr. partitions... I've shot elk with the 9.3x62mm and 286gr nos partitions and there was no difference between it and the 30-06 using 200gr partitions...
I just spent a whole lot of time scrutinizing every detail between the 358, the 35 Whelen, the 338 Federal and 338-06, as I was also looking at rebarreling a gun or getting a new one... between the options you listed, I’d go for the 338-06. A good blend of power and trajectory. It seems like the short action medium bores are a bit anemic, barely outdoing the 308 Win past 300 yards or so. They do seem like they wood be fantastic black bear guns in the woods though, and if your area of PA is similar to what I hunt in WV and NC, any of those rounds would be great. Which would you see your self using more, the 338-06 or the 358?
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Neither, If you looking for a good "thumper", just load your 06 up with 200gr. partitions... I've shot elk with the 9.3x62mm and 286gr nos partitions and there was no difference between it and the 30-06 using 200gr partitions...

The 7-08 with 180's,smokes the Twat-six with 200NPT's.

Hint................
Originally Posted by JJWise
I just spent a whole lot of time scrutinizing every detail between the 358, the 35 Whelen, the 338 Federal and 338-06, as I was also looking at rebarreling a gun or getting a new one... between the options you listed, I’d go for the 338-06. A good blend of power and trajectory. It seems like the short action medium bores are a bit anemic, barely outdoing the 308 Win past 300 yards or so. They do seem like they wood be fantastic black bear guns in the woods though, and if your area of PA is similar to what I hunt in WV and NC, any of those rounds would be great. Which would you see your self using more, the 338-06 or the 358?

In this morning's atmosphere,the 250 Skinner ala 338-06,is Supersonic to the 1250yd line.

Hint...............
If you’re just concerned with 180+ grains of bullet to normal hunting ranges, then it’s moot with regard to short/long case, and the bigger bore will be more efficient, by the numbers. Most things comparing themselves to the 358, seriously short change the 358 ballistics, just to look better. If you want more past 350-400, then there’s probably better stuff than the 338-06, but it’s probably better suited to longer ranges than the others mentioned....at least by the #s.
Bullets matter wayyyyyyy more than headstamps,start to finish. The 35's don't need any fhuqking "help" to look like pieces of schit...simply because they are pieces of schit.

Hint....................
Hey Big Stink, can you hit an egg at 300 yard standing on your stubby little legs like this little girl? Go ahead, put up or shut up. You keep talking about how good you are. Pick any of your water soaked rusty rifles and have at and put your camera on timelapse and let us see how good you really are. Can out shoot a girl?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUtasDhjpI4
6mm,

Ain't it a hoot,that the ONLY thing you can muster in the firsthand is a high-pitched Nasal Whine and plagiarism? Hint. Congratulations?!?

There's no slighting your taste in men. Hint.

Egg Rifles sound expensive...but at least you can "afford" to read about it,you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Laughing!

OOOOPSIE!

[Linked Image]

I'm as at ease in sandbagging my abilities,as you are in talking out your ass. Hint.

Hint.

Laughing!............
I see the villiage idiot is back.

"Hint" shift stick....nobody gives a flying phugg about anything you have to say. Noone cares about you doing nothing but shooting rocks and throwing ugly ass guns into creek beds.

You're useless to this forum and I'd dare say largely usesless to the world.

I'd also wager your the laughing stock of whatever drilling rig you work on.
For a hunter, the 358 is serious medicine. Believe it is another round that is way underestimated.
Today's bullets have possibly made it even more effective.
Really, how many different bullets does a hunter need? It is pretty well recognized where the sweet spot of most calibers lie.
Seems to me only BS artist needs 200 different bullets..... to obscure the facts.
'12,

Rest assured,the LAST thing I'd wanna do,is swipe either your Imagination or it's Pretend away...if only because it's "all" that you "have". Hint. Congratulations?!?

Now you be SURE to "convince" yourself,of things you most NEED to hear and keep Whining aloud about your very WELL founded Insecurities. Mainly because it is funnier than fhuqk. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for TRYING,you poor poor(literally) CLUELESS Kchunt.

Hint.

Laughing!............
Originally Posted by fishdog52
For a hunter, the 358 is serious medicine. Believe it is another round that is way underestimated.
Really, how many different bullets does a hunter need? It is pretty well recognized where the sweet spot of most calibers lie.
Seems to me only BS artist needs 200 different bullets..... to obscure the facts.

Cite the .358" projectile(s),that enter the .338" 250gr Skinner's realm.

It will be funnier than fhuqk!

Hint................
'12,

Rest assured,the LAST thing I'd wanna do,is swipe either your Imagination or it's Pretend away...if only because it's "all" that you "have". Hint. Congratulations?!?

Now you be SURE to "convince" yourself,of things you most NEED to hear and keep Whining aloud about your very WELL founded Insecurities. Mainly because it is funnier than fhuqk. Hint. LAUGHING!

Hint.

Laughing!............

been able to hug ALL your kids lately?
'12,

Hint.

Laughing!............
I’m a 358/35 fan myself, but I tend to produce results, rather than bitch and whine on the keyboard daily..... 35 flat hurt shiit.... a 1 point Roosevelt for the lying cuunt..... haha
[Linked Image]
The less you "do" and "know"...the "better" everything is. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Laughing!............
Curt Brace shilen barreled 88 358 win, good fiddleback from a little maple I murdered.... hint
As you can tell bitch lips, I don’t know a whole lot, or get out often!!!! Haha
Your STUPIDITY,is largely unequalled. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Laughing!...........
OK Stinky, try to concentrate now. I'm not plagiarizing anything here, I'm simply asking a simple person, a simple question if you, with all your bravado will demonstrate that you can outshoot a girl. If all you can do is continue to do is belch your idiotic repetitive drivel then the answer is quite simple, you can't outshoot a girl.
6mm,

Ain't it a hoot,that the ONLY thing you can muster in the firsthand is a high-pitched Nasal Whine and plagiarism? Hint. Congratulations?!?

There's no slighting your taste in men. Hint.

Egg Rifles sound expensive...but at least you can "afford" to read about it,you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Laughing!

OOOOPSIE!

[Linked Image]

I'm as at ease in sandbagging my abilities,as you are in talking out your ass. Hint.

Hint.

Laughing!............
The lying sniveler, there’s LOTS a things I’ve done/do you can’t, or simply will never have the opportunity to do.... don’t hate the playa, hate the game... Hint
OH, by the way Stinky, I'll only past these when I see you shooting your mouth off. If you just behave yourself I'll leave you alone.
Originally Posted by Judman
I’m a 358/35 fan myself, but I tend to produce results, rather than bitch and whine on the keyboard daily..... 35 flat hurt shiit.... a 1 point Roosevelt for the lying cuunt..... haha
[Linked Image]

That’s one helluva Roosie!
Originally Posted by Remington6MM
OH, by the way Stinky, I'll only past these when I see you shooting your mouth off. If you just behave yourself I'll leave you alone.

Your keyboard is slurring. Hint. Congratulations?!?

At least Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute"...you "lucky" kchunt. However,there is no slighting your taste in men. Hint.

Hint.

Laughing!..............

This all day ^^^^

358 is a very under rated cartridge, works great on moose. I have used Hornaday 190 grain SPBT interlocks in my 30-06 for Caribou and the old 06 works great with the correct bullet. I bought 5 box of 190's before they got discontinued. I have bought 240 grain Woodleigh's but have yet to use them..
I also have a 338-06 and a 35 Whelen and a 338 mag. They all work well.
I have too many calibers to load for now, so I have opted to limit calibers. I have chosen to stay away from the 7mm calibers. That said if I ran across a classic 7x57 I would pick it up in a heart beat. There isn't much that the 7mm's will do that the 30 calibers don't already do for me.
So, to the original poster, do both, you won't be disappointed.
Originally Posted by KnightHawk

This all day ^^^^

358 is a very under rated cartridge, works great on moose. I have used Hornaday 190 grain SPBT interlocks in my 30-06 for Caribou and the old 06 works great with the correct bullet. I bought 5 box of 190's before they got discontinued. I have bought 240 grain Woodleigh's but have yet to use them..
I also have a 338-06 and a 35 Whelen and a 338 mag. They all work well.
I have too many calibers to load for now, so I have opted to limit calibers. I have chosen to stay away from the 7mm calibers. That said if I ran across a classic 7x57 I would pick it up in a heart beat. There isn't much that the 7mm's will do that the 30 calibers don't already do for me.
So, to the original poster, do both, you won't be disappointed.

Folks who "know" as "much" as you,will always be best served by asking questions...rather than giving "answers". Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart for TRYING though!

Hint.

Laughing!...............

Folks who "know" as "much" as you,will always be best served by asking questions...rather than giving "answers". Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart for TRYING though!

Hint.

Laughing!...............[/quote]

OK, got ya. Question I'd like to know when you type "Hint" is that like a facial tic? Or are you just A.D.D.?
It's your Imagination,simply be SURE to Pretend with it as you must. Hint. Congratulations?!?

VERY good call to fhuqking Whine,rather than touch anything The Rifle.

Hint.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!.............
Same answer different day.

You are stuck in a rut. I think the Campfire should pool some money together and hire a tutor to help with new words and maybe after a few more weeks (if you show some progress) you can actually start with big words.
elkchunter,

It ain't like you awoke with a fresh scoop of IQ...of course it's the same,if only because your are mired in your fhuqking STUPIDITY. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Don't "forget" that you "can't read this". Hint.

Hint.

Laughing!...............
Another brilliant answer from the Campfire top moron,we are so proud of you! Someday you may write something that might may sense.

You can do it! smile
elkchunter,

It ain't like you awoke with a fresh scoop of IQ...of course it's the same,if only because your are mired in your fhuqking STUPIDITY. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Don't "forget" that you "can't read this". Hint.

Hint.

Laughing!...............
Keep trying,they are cheering you on!
[Linked Image]
elkchunter,

Don't "forget" that you "can't read this",as you fire up your GoogleFu and plagiarize. Hint.

Hint.

Laughing!...............
[Linked Image]
elkchunter,

Don't "forget" that you "can't read this",as you fire up your GoogleFu and plagiarize,because it is ALL that you can "do". Hint.

Hint.

Laughing!...............
I can't think of a reason to go above 30 cal for hunting in N. America, but you only have to make yourself happy.
HINT = facial tic. Now THAT is fuggn funny. Every time I see that I can imagine his little ugly head twitch.
Pass the 7-08/180's and hold the Fluff.

They are Supersonic to 1760yds in this moments atmosphere,defy the wind AMAZINGLY,can't be driven to failure and gotta be seen,to be believed.

Never been difficult to cypher,who shoots and who don't...................(grin)
Was looking at Zeiss and Leupold scopes. Been tossing the idea of putting one of those on my .30 Gibbs.

They are Supersonic to 1760yds in this moments atmosphere,defy the wind AMAZINGLY,can't be driven to failure and gotta be seen,to be believed.

Never been difficult to cypher,who shoots and who don't...................(grin)

Who gives a rats ass what a bullet is doing a mile away.

Larry if you were tall enough to see over the grass in your yard maybe you could actually go hunt instead of having to sit on a bar stool in order to see an shoot out the window sill of your singlewide.

Your above post is the very reason noboy likes you here. No one gives a [bleep] how fast a hunting bullet is traveling at 1 Mile's distance...because noone is shooting game at a mile.
'12,

If you ACTUALLY fhuqking shot anything other than your quivering lips,Imagination and Pretend...you'd have a first clue. It's not my "fault",that you are miles away from same. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You Whining CLUELESS Kchunts are a fhuqking hoot! I enjoy that your Melting Snowflake Routine,is assuredly no "act".

Pardon Reality reliably colliding with your Fantasy,as you extoll upon your very WELL founded Insecurities. PLEASE "tell" me "more". Dare ya,because you are doing fhuqking "GREAT"! Hint. laughing

Ooooopsie!

[Linked Image]

Hint.

LAUGHING!............
Also looking at Swarovski's.
Ooooopsie!.............

[Linked Image]
'12,

If you ACTUALLY fhuqking shot anything other than your quivering lips,Imagination and Pretend...you'd have a first clue. It's not my "fault",that you are miles away from same. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You Whining CLUELESS Kchunts are a fhuqking hoot! I enjoy that your Melting Snowflake Routine,is assuredly no "act".

Pardon Reality reliably colliding with your Fantasy,as you extoll upon your very WELL founded Insecurities. PLEASE "tell" me "more". Dare ya,because you are doing fhuqking "GREAT"! Hint. laughing

Ooooopsie!

[Linked Image]

Hint.

LAUGHING!............

Actually there gnome king of nowhere Alaska. It seems all you do is shoot film.

That and sitting at a keyboard is likely all you have .save for maybe huffin' paint with the rest of the natives

You sure as hell can't hug all your kids
Originally Posted by gitem_12

Who gives a rats ass what a bullet is doing a mile away.

Larry if you were tall enough to see over the grass in your yard maybe you could actually go hunt instead of having to sit on a bar stool in order to see an shoot out the window sill of your singlewide.

Your above post is the very reason noboy likes you here. No one gives a [bleep] how fast a hunting bullet is traveling at 1 Mile's distance...because noone is shooting game at a mile.

bs has never shot out to a mile,he is just blowing smoke again.
[Linked Image]
'12,

Hint.

Laughing!............
'12,

Hint.

Laughing!............

That the only reply you have. Already too drunk to formulate new responses, or just burned out on Rust-Oleum?

Go to the mirror and try to "convince" yourself "how little you care",by mouthing the words to your crying self. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.............

Go to the mirror and try to "convince" yourself "how little you care",by mouthing the words to your crying self. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.............

I'll just go hug all my kids....I can still do that...
We know you have more words in your vocabulary!

Still rooting for you!
[Linked Image]
You two Retards bolted together,are sooooooooo fhuqking AMAZINGLY shy of a First Fhuqking Clue,that you should submit this Thread to The Guinness Book for your just "rewards". Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your hearts for TRYING.

Hint.

Laughing!.............
[Linked Image]
Ooooopsie!...............

[Linked Image]
Thinking about a fixed 4x or 6x and in the variable range of 2-7x,2.5-8x,3-9x,3-10x,3.5-10x range. May stick with the lower range variables,but time will tell.
Ooooopsie!...............

[Linked Image]

My god, your such a loser and waste of a good man's oxygen
'12,

At least now you can say you've "seen" said chamberings and boolits...you "lucky" kchunt. hint. Congratulations?!?

That'll make for a VERY Big Day,for someone with your "means","abilities" and "comprehension"! Hint.

Bless your heart.

Hint.

LAUGHING!

Ooooopsie!..............

[Linked Image]
My gosh,a tree stump is smarter than you.
elkchunt,

It's your Imagination,simply Pretend with it as you MUST. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Don't "forget" that you "can't read this",as you fire up your GoogleFu and plagiarize,because it is ALL that you can "do". Hint.

Hint.

Laughing!...............
Same old stupid post again! Why don't you at least try and get out of the rut.

All you do is copy and paste the same old schit and post it,thinking it is the most brilliant answer in the world!
elkchunt,

It's your Imagination,simply Pretend with it as you MUST. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Hint.

Laughing!...............
'12,

At least now you can say you've "seen" said chamberings and boolits...you "lucky" kchunt. hint. Congratulations?!?

That'll make for a VERY Big Day,for someone with your "means","abilities" and "comprehension"! Hint.

Bless your heart.

Hint.

LAUGHING!

Ooooopsie!..............

[Linked Image]

Wtf would I care whether I've "seen such a chambering" or not. I have next to 0 interest in 22 centerfires. They are purely utilitarian to me. Nothing more nothing less.

You continue to failed to see and understand that your life is so pathetic and useless that you have nothing without this forum. Nothing.

Your entire existence is a waste. You failed at raising a family, you failed at being a dad. You're likely a failure at your job too. So you compesate for your miserable existance by trying to pass yourself off as some gun guru on an internet forum because you've got nothing in real life.
Save the same incoherent responses and dumb pictures.

Congrats..on en utterly pathetic existence.....don't drive to that bottle bottom too fast today.. you're rants of stltupor are just beginning to get comical
'12,

Mebbe tell yourself that you "don't care". Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart for TRYING sooooooo hard.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.................
'12,

Bless your heart.

Hint.

LAUGHING!

Ooooopsie!..............

[Linked Image]

Wtf would I care whether I've "seen such a chambering" or not. I have next to 0 interest in 22 centerfires. They are purely utilitarian to me. Nothing more nothing less.

You continue to failed to see and understand that your life is so pathetic and useless that you have nothing without this forum. Nothing.

Your entire existence is a waste. You failed at raising a family, you failed at being a dad. You're likely a failure at your job too. So you compesate for your miserable existance by trying to pass yourself off as some gun guru on an internet forum because you've got nothing in real life.

Congrats..on en utterly pathetic existence.....don't drive to that bottle bottom too fast today.. you're rants of stltupor are just beginning to get comical

Saved...if only because I enjoy a good slur of the keyboard,surging Estrogen Levels and a heartfelt Whine of a Melting Snowflake. Hint. congratulations?!?

Hint.

LAUGHING!

Time to check the Mail.

Film at 11:00. TRY to "convince" yourself that you don't read my every word and gawk my every Splendid Pixel. Hint.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!............
Again,copy and paste! If you were to come up with something new I would think Hell froze over or democrats have seen the light and quit supporting abortion.

This is getting pathetic. What is next a picture of a fish in water alongside a rifle?
elkchunt,

Hint.

Laughing!...............
Maybe I'll go surf for some suicide scene photos and we can play mix and match with big stick...
Originally Posted by JMR40
I've owned 338-06 and 35 Whelen in the past. Both have recoil almost identical to 300 WM and I came to the conclusion my 30-06 loaded with 200 gr and heavier bullets would do exactly the same thing. If I'm getting 300 WM recoil, then I'll shoot a 300 WM.

Every time I look at 338 Fed or 358 I come to the same conclusion that they don't do anything a 308 won't do and for the same reasons. And 30-06 beats both of them with about the same recoil.

There are very good reasons why none of those have ever become mainstream, and never will. But at the same time they will kill stuff and if you just want to be different from the masses there is nothing wrong with that either. I'm content to keep life simple. But if I were tempted to go that route again I'd go back to 338-06.

My 35 Whelen doesn't kick too bad. I run Remington Green box in it and they're not full tilt.
Soooooo..... back to the question.
.358 Winchester.
You can even use the 225 grain Sierra GKBT in it. wink
I vote do both, you won't know what you like unless you try them. My first .358 was a Savage 99, my first .338-06 was a 03A3. I sold the .358 as the 99 didn't grow on me like i hoped it would, but I have a .358 Win barrel for a Savage when I get around to it again. I traded the .338-06 for some cool custom knivess, but i still have one built on a M70 classic. I've also had a couple Whelen rifles along the way, it's all about the adventure IMO, you can't have that adventure uless you try.
Facts and Physics ain't subjective...to the chagrin of Window Lickers everywhere.

Hint...........
Originally Posted by taylorce1
I vote do both, you won't know what you like unless you try them. My first .358 was a Savage 99, my first .338-06 was a 03A3. I sold the .358 as the 99 didn't grow on me like i hoped it would, but I have a .358 Win barrel for a Savage when I get around to it again. I traded the .338-06 for some cool custom knivess, but i still have one built on a M70 classic. I've also had a couple Whelen rifles along the way, it's all about the adventure IMO, you can't have that adventure uless you try.

Remind me never to go drinking with you

1. Rem 700 Mountain rifle I picked up here in 30-06. Price was great and it turns out it shoots and fits me well. Already have another 30-06 so that niche has been filled and was considering having the mountain rifle rebored to 338-06, little more oomph. For future elk hunts and the occasional bear(Black not brown). JES would do the work.

2. Bergera woodsman in 308, again rebored by JES , to 358 win. Rifle is great, always felt a little chunky so not what I would grab for a long backpack hunt or anything I would take out for long range shooting out west. I used to have a 358 savage 99 but it didn’t fit me and was a punisher to shoot. Would love to have another 358 for a PA deer/bear gun that packs a punch and for something a little different than the norm.

3. Neither, it’s winter and I can’t hunt so I’m looking for something to do. Just go to the gym a few more times a week till spring arrives and I can chase turkey.

What’s your opinion?

1. The mountain rifle - That is a real thin barrel, I have a couple in 280 rem, not much metal left after that barrel contour. Kick would be like shooting heavy 30-06 loads.

2. The Bergera - I would go ahead and do that to either a .358 or a .338 FED. I have both The .358 (rebore M99) is really flexible, most .35 cal bullets work well for it. The .338 Fed (rug hawkeye) works well with lighter bullets 180 and 200 bullets mainly, and does have better ballistics past 300 yards.

I have a Winchester Featherweight in 35 Whelen which was rebored from a 270 and it is a great rifle. But the Winchester Featherweights fit me to a "T". I have a 06 and a 223 also in Featherweights.
You can't go wrong with the non-magnums, 358 W, 338-06, or 35 Whelen. All good solid cartridges.

And I must say you are very patient.
It is simply fhuqking AMAZING,how reliably Clueless you Window Lickers are.

Hint.

Wow +P++!..............
It is simply fhuqking AMAZING,how reliably Clueless you Window Lickers are.

Hint.

Wow +P++!..............

You haven't gone in for the facial tic yet I see. You should seek help.
I enjoy your dumbfhuqktitude...more than you could ever know. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Hint.

Laughing!..............
'12,

Bless your heart.

Hint.

LAUGHING!

Ooooopsie!..............

[Linked Image]

Gitem

That is out of line! If you can't stand Larry hit the ignore button, bringing the fire down to that level is unacceptable!

Mike
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right
'12,

Bless your heart.

Hint.

LAUGHING!

Ooooopsie!..............

[Linked Image]

Gitem

That is out of line! If you can't stand Larry hit the ignore button, bringing the fire down to that level is unacceptable!

Mike

Blow me.. I haven't even begun to have fun with the gnome king....just wait till we start playing mix and match with suicide scene photos...
And no, none of it was out of line and all of it is likely very true. He's a pathetic narcicist.
To get a bit off topic I built a 35 Whelen because I wanted to use the several round nose bullets available on deer, Black Bear and Elk in Washington state. The animals were completely clueless and died well bleeding greatly. I found that the standard cup and core bullets worked splendidly at 2500-2600 fps and it really didn't matter if they were pointed. The choice at the time was between the 338-06 and the 35 Whelen, I chose the latter because at the time most of the .338 bullets were designed for the 338 Win Magnum. I would make the same choice again even though there are many new bullets that work fine at 338 federal velocities. However I might be interested in building a light short actioned 358.
Wow!! Some of these threads get pretty tough to wade thru. Wear me out just trying to read the high lights.
'12,

Bless your heart.

Hint.

LAUGHING!

Ooooopsie!..............

[Linked Image]

Gitem

Mike

Blow me.. I haven't even begun to have fun with the gnome king....just wait till we start playing mix and match with suicide scene photos...
And no, none of it was out of line and all of it is likely very true. He's a pathetic narcicist.

You're a real class act! Hope that works out for you.

Wonder if your agency knows you share suicide photos???

Mike
'12,

Bless your heart.

Hint.

LAUGHING!

Ooooopsie!..............

[Linked Image]

Gitem

Mike

You're a real class act! Hope that works out for you.

Wonder if your agency knows you share suicide photos???

Mike

You know there is a plethora of suicide photos available on Google right?.

Man...I didn't know the gnome king had sommany lined up to suck his khockkk
I'm not defending Larry, he doesn't need my help, I'm defending the Campfire and the way you and a few others, including Larry are trashing the place up! Especially with personal attacks that you would never, ever say face to face with someone.

The Campfire
I'm not defending Larry, he doesn't need my help, I'm defending the Campfire and the way you and a few others, including Larry are trashing the place up! Especially with personal attacks that you would never, ever say face to face with someone.

The Campfire

If you don't think I wouldn't say those things to someone face...you don't know me

Filters is one thing I wasn't blessed with.
Gitem,
Didn't really realize it till now, but you are a genuine P.O.S.
Originally Posted by Remington6MM
Gitem,
Didn't really realize it till now, but you are a genuine P.O.S.

I really don't care what you think.

It never fails to amaze me how much ball licking stick gets just because he's has a rough life. And somehow that gets a pass for him to insult everyone that starts a topic.
Larry started this mess with his nasty attitude and remarks.. Screw him..
.338-06 or .338 Fed would be my choice.
I have the 338-06 and the 338 Federal..Had a Whelen... 338 of either or both. wink

I don't own a 700 Mtn rifle but the web seems to think it's a .550" OD at the muzzle, so you can likely forget .358" and above as Jess has said he doesn't want to do anything < .100" wall thickness.
Originally Posted by fremont

I don't own a 700 Mtn rifle but the web seems to think it's a .550" OD at the muzzle, so you can likely forget .358" and above as Jess has said he doesn't want to do anything < .100" wall thickness.

Talked to him yesterday and he related pretty much what you said. I will be going 338-06 on the mountain rifle if I end up using that gun as a donor. Not sure which way I want to go yet. Truth is I mostly just hunt deer and bear, elk only very occasionally. 30-06 will get it done on all 3, 338-06 just adds some extra oomph. There have been many times with a 308 I thought it was more than enough for whitetail, 358 was a hammer the times I used it. First world problems.
Have I mentioned that my choice would be the .358 Win?
I've had both and agree on the ordering a remage spout in 280 Rem AI with a 1 in 8 twist, or just using better bullets in your 30-06.

In my opinion, the 338-06 and 358 offer nothing over the 30-06 and 308.
Bullets are of course,that which matters most. The 338 250gr Skinner is simply exceptional,both in it's construction and aero form. You reap a .648 BC,they are amazingly cheap for whatcha' reap,everything is twisted right to handle same and nothing else will hang with 'em. They's magbox friendly too. If a guy is building on a 700 and has a shred of sense,the 285 Hornie ELD brings an .829 BC to the table. Hint.

The 250 Skinners become a staple for more than a few,for both Mooses and Brownies,though with the .284" 180 ELD on the scene,nobody is buying/building larger bores anymore.

The 250 Skinner is a GOOD pickle boolit...as it's reliably keep a guy outta a pickle. Though such thangs only apply to the REAL Outdoors and is moot to Windo Licking Clueless Fhuqks as a whole.

Hint...............
"In my opinion, the 338-06 and 358 offer nothing over the 30-06 and 308."

Just another choice.

Different flavors never hurt a thing.

Anything other than a 12 gauge a .22 long rifle and a 30-06 could be argued to simply be reinventing the wheel.

Whatever floats your boat.
Facts and Physics ain't "subjective".

Hint.................
A 250 grain Nosler Partition is better.
elkchunt,

It's your Imagination,simply Pretend with it as you MUST. Be sURE to start a Thread,after you see your first 250gr Skinner. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Hint.

Laughing!...............
Forgive my ignorance which bullet is a 250 skinner? I do t speak bullet ebonics.
Forgive my ignorance which bullet is a 250 skinner? I do t speak bullet ebonics.

They are wellllllll beyond your "means","abilities" and "experience". Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart for trying though.

Hint.

Laughing!.............

They are wellllllll beyond your "means","abilities" and "experience". Hint. Congratulations?!?

Hint.

Laughing!.............

Seriously though I’m asking, your description of them has piqued my interest. As far as means, expansive enough to buy bullets, My abilities include the skill set of loading my own ammunition for 8 years now and since I have no experience with those bullets that is why I am asking. What is a 250 skinner, I would like to purchase some.
I've never even heard of 'em.

LAUGHING!............
Lapua 250 grain Scenars

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/4...-grain-hollow-point-boat-tail-box-of-100
Lapua .338 250gr HPBT Scenar
Thanks for the replies, not sure why it’s hard to type a simple coherent response for some.

MM
bitchell,

If/when your Imagination and it's Pretend find me "mistaken",be sure to throw a flag and start a Thread...because it will be FUNNIER than fhuqk. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You may consider a Hurt Feelers Report and Imaginary Pretend Ignore. Hint.

Bless your heart.

Hint.

Laughing!.................
bitchell,

If/when your Imagination and it's Pretend find me "mistaken",be sure to throw a flag and start a Thread...because it will be FUNNIER than fhuqk. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Hint.

You mention 250 skinners over and over, I didn’t know what bullet you were referring to. Asked for a simple clarification, I was given a string of words that were not related to question. Not pretending anything, it is literally written in your posts above. No offense meant or even gently applied. I have no hurt feelings, or feelings at all toward you.

Carry on
Thanks for the replies, not sure why it’s hard to type a simple coherent response for some.

MM

Because he's a useless inbred mongrel with no.life outside of this forum....

He has nothing, nothing but this forum that's why he had to beg, for bin to allow him to come back.

He's a failure at every facet of his life.
bitchell,

Bless your heart.

Hint.

You mention 250 skinners over and over, I didn’t know what bullet you were referring to. Asked for a simple clarification, I was given a string of words that were not related to question. Not pretending anything, it is literally written in your posts above. No offense meant or even gently applied. I have no hurt feelings, or feelings at all toward you.

Carry on

bitchell,

Since when am I "obligated" to feed your Stupidity? Hint. Congratulations?!?

You were led to water,with a Silver Platter.

Thank me later.

Bless your heart.

Hint.

Laughing!............
'12,

The only thing you can speak to in the first hand,is being the DUMBEST fhuqk in every conversation and a Brokedick to boot. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You Heel Nipping CLUELESS Fhuqks are a hoot! Hint.

Bless your heart for trying though!

Hint.

Laughing!..............
'12,

The only thing you can speak to in the first hand,is being the DUMBEST fhuqk in every conversation and a Brokedick to boot. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Hint.

Laughing!..............

Which category do you wanna start with stick

Hangings

Self inflicted gun shots

Intentional overdose?

Or miscellaneous?

It's your choice.. keep it up and it's comjng
'12,

What ELSE can you "do",other than greedily read my every word and gawk every Splendid Pixel,while trying to "convince" yourself,that you "could too". The sole constant for you Do nothing Whining fhuqks,is that when it is all said an done,there will have been a fhuqk of a LOT more said...than "done". Hint. LAUGHING!

Hint.

Laughing!..............
'12,

What ELSE can you "do",other than greedily read my every word and gawk every Splendid Pixel,while trying to "convince" yourself,that you "could too". The sole constant for you Do nothing Whining fhuqks,is that when it is all said an done,there will have been a fhuqk of a LOT more said...than "done". Hint. LAUGHING!

Hint.

Laughing!..............

One thing you ain't doing is hugging ALL kids you useless sack of dog schidt. Speaking of doing...who's doing your old lady now adays
elkchunt,

It's your Imagination,simply Pretend with it as you MUST. Be sURE to start a Thread,after you see your first 250gr Skinner. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Hint.

Laughing!...............

So,how is a 250 grain Nosler Partition bad?
'12,

Hint.

Laughing!..............
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
elkchunt,

Hint.

Laughing!...............

So,how is a 250 grain Nosler Partition bad?

They come with a Parking Brake. Are far more Zookie,foul a bunch more and cost a bunch more.

Now you can say that you "know" too. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Hint.

Laughing!.............
'12,

Hint.

Laughing!..............

Same reply, over and over and over....

Remember schidt stain....that's all you got....you ain't even got originality.
'12,

You ain't going to turn a fhuqking lick,you poor poor(literally) Whining Kchunt.

Hint.

Laughing!..............
'12,

Hint.

Laughing!..............

Same reply, over and over and over....

Remember schidt stain....that's all you got....you ain't even got originality.

'12,

Do not "forget" to wax eloquent upon the Sweet "Satisfactions" that are your's,in that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery. Pardon my occupying so much space in your head. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Your Melting Snowflake and PERPETUAL Victim Act,sure in the fhuqk ain't no ruse.

You "hard chargers" are a hoot!

Bless your heart.

Hint.

Laughing!..............
Still waiting on how the 250 grain Nosler Partition is a bad choice?
While you're at it,can you help me figure out what a .25/06 is?
elkchunt,

I enjoy how STUPIDITY,is no fhuqking "act" for you...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Now in fairness,do NOT discount that besides being a CLUELESS Fhuqk,you are aklso a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit,as you yet again "forgot' about your "esteemed" Imaginary Pretend Ignore. Undoubtedly,your Opiate Addiction plays a role,but it do NOT diminish any of the fhuqking humor. Hint.

As to the .338" 250 NPT,if only to rewind for your VERY Special blend of Retardation:

They come with a Parking Brake. Are far more Zookie,foul a bunch more and cost a bunch more.

Bless your heart.

Hint.

Laughing!.............
elkchunt,

I enjoy how STUPIDITY,is no fhuqking "act" for you...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Now in fairness,do NOT discount that besides being a CLUELESS Fhuqk,you are aklso a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit,as you yet again "forgot' about your "esteemed" Imaginary Pretend Ignore. Undoubtedly,your Opiate Addiction plays a role,but it do NOT diminish any of the fhuqking humor. Hint.

As to the .338" 250 NPT,if only to rewind for your VERY Special blend of Retardation:

Bless your heart.

Hint.

Laughing!.............

Ah,I see,cause you said so. Despite your so called "reasons" I'll still use them even if they are "Zookie".
elkchunt,

How can a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit with Imaginary Pretend Ignore "engaged","read" my reply,let alone plagiarize it?!? Hint Congratulations?!?

Might the Opiate Drug Abuse increased your Retardation? Hint.

Bless your heart.

LAUGHING!................
Nah,I like Nosler Partitions and they have not failed me.
You fail yourself...in MAGNIFICENT fhuqking fashion,by simply doing your best. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Hint.

Laughing!............
They work.

Prove other wise.
You fail yourself...in MAGNIFICENT fhuqking fashion,by simply doing your best. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Hint.

Laughing!............
Prove the Nosler Partitions fail.
So for those of you that have killed game with the 338 scenars, performance was ????? Can’t argue with the ballistics and capacity for accuracy, being a bullet designed for targets not game makes me apprehensive. That’s a lot of lead though don’t imagine they will bounce off but wondering how well they open up at 338-06 velocities. Not saying they don’t work I just have no personal experience with them on game so I am asking, not compelling.

Nuzzler Partitions just "happen" to be DESIGNED,to do same,if only to your Drooling chagrin.

Bless your heart.

Hint.

Laughing!............
So for those of you that have killed game with the 338 scenars, performance was ????? Can’t argue with the ballistics and capacity for accuracy, being a bullet designed for targets not game makes me apprehensive. That’s a lot of lead though don’t imagine they will bounce off but wondering how well they open up at 338-06 velocities. Not saying they don’t work I just have no personal experience with them on game so I am asking, not compelling.

bitchell,

You are a fhuqking HOOT!

Hint.

LAUGHING!...............
Just give examples of Partitions failing you while hunting. Not hard to do with someone of your vast experience hunting.

bitchell,

You are a fhuqking HOOT!

Hint.

LAUGHING!...............

So,he asked a simple question and you cannot answer it!

What a HOOT!
elkchunt,

Bless your heart.

Hint.

Laughing!.............

bitchell,

You are a fhuqking HOOT!

Hint.

LAUGHING!...............

What a HOOT!

Elkchunt,

As you swill more pills,do not "forget",that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Hint.

LAUGHING!...............
elkchunt,

Bless your heart.

Hint.

Laughing!.............

Not a 250 grain Nosler Partition,but 200 grain .30 cal.

How did they fail?
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

bitchell,

You are a fhuqking HOOT!

Hint.

LAUGHING!...............

What a HOOT!

Elkchunt,

As you swill more pills,do not "forget",that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Hint.

LAUGHING!...............

You're such a fan of the bullet he is asking about,answer his question. This is not rocket science.
elkchunt,

I'm as at ease in sandbagging,as you are in talking out your ass. Hint. Congratulations?!?

What were the "odds",you've never even fhuqking seen one,even in your Opiate fueled Dreams? HINT.

Bless your heart for trying.

Hint.

Are you going to type a response that adds to the conversation directly related to the bullets use on game or are you going to keep “sandbagging”for no apparent reason. I would sincerely appreciate your input, not being sarcastic, as you have obviously used them.

MM
Are you going to type a response that adds to the conversation directly related to the bullets use on game or are you going to keep “sandbagging”for no apparent reason. I would sincerely appreciate your input, not being sarcastic, as you have obviously used them.

MM

Same was plainly stated and you remain at the mercy of your "abilities" and "comprehension".

Hint.

Don't be in such a hurry,to be such a STUPID Fhuqk.

Re-hint.

You've been led to water,thank me later.

Re-re-hint...............
I'm sandbagging!

I'm still waiting for all your Nosler Partition failures while hunting and you show nothing.

Mitchellmoutain asks for your experience on a bullet you recommend and you do not answer.

And somehow we are the dunces.

MM

Same was plainly stated and you remain at the mercy of your "abilities" and "comprehension".

Hint.

Re-hint.

So you never fired one at a big game animal and are talking out your azz.
elkchunt,

I'm as at ease in sandbagging,as you are in talking out your ass. Hint. Congratulations?!?

What were the "odds",you've never even fhuqking seen one,even in your Opiate fueled Dreams? HINT.

Hint.

So. No you won’t . I was hoping but not at all surprised.

Carry on.
Good grief,a simple question and all I get is the run around.

I'll answer for you... I never used a Nosler Partition and Lapua on big game.

Hint.

Re-hint.

Sure it was,clear as mud.
elkchunt,

Hint.

elkchunt,

Hint.

[Linked Image]
elkchunt,

Hint.

Tell us about your private shooting range and family outings. LMFAO. Poor sugar tits.
Them that cain't do for themselves...simply GOTTA summons others. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Here's to the perpetual fhuqking HILARITY,of amazingly WELL founded Insecurities,which fuel Drooling Dumbfhuqks to do their BEST. At least plagiarizing is "affordable" for 'em,along with Imitation,as they "flaunt" their Imaginations and Pretend.

Bless your hearts.

Hint.

Laughing!........
[Linked Image]
elkchunt,

Hint.

Laughing!...............

I don't have any experience with the Scenars, but for the velocity range of the 358 W, 35 Whelen and the 338-06 good old cup and core or Hornaday interlocks work great. Sierra bullets work just fine also. Been killing game for decades before the "premium" bullets hit the market. Now if your above 2800 fps or into the 3000 plus range then premiums would be in order.

I don't have any experience with the Scenars, but for the velocity range of the 358 W, 35 Whelen and the 338-06 good old cup and core or Hornaday interlocks work great. Sierra bullets work just fine also. Been killing game for decades before the "premium" bullets hit the market. Now if your above 2800 fps or into the 3000 plus range then premiums would be in order.

Starting Velocity,ain't Arrival Velocity and that which factors sae the greatest in like atmosphers...is aero form. Hint.

Of course you've NEVER seen or shot a 250 Skinner,because if any of you Stupid Fhuqks had,you'd simply endorse same,due it's ability to kick the fhuqk outta everything cited.

Facts and Physics ain't subjective Ladies.

Hint.

Now you "know" that too.

Hint.

LAUGHING!..............
I used the 250 grain Speer in my .35 Whelen and see no reason it would not work in the .358 Win.

Starting Velocity,ain't Arrival Velocity and that which factors sae the greatest in like atmosphers...is aero form. Hint.

Of course you've NEVER seen or shot a 250 Skinner,because if any of you Stupid Fhuqks had,you'd simply endorse same,due it's ability to kick the fhuqk outta everything cited.

Facts and Physics ain't subjective Ladies.

Hint.

Now you "know" that too.

Hint.

LAUGHING!..............

Again what hunting experience do you have with 250 Lapua.
elkchunt,

Hint.

Laughing!...............
Dodging a simple question,again. Now there is a shocker.

How come you don't like me reading your posts?
elkchunt,

You remain at the MERCY of your "means","abilities" and "comprehension"...along with the Toxicology Report...you "lucky" kchunt. LAUGHING!

Hint.

Laughing!...............
So it does piss you off that I read and respond to your posts.

THAT MAKES ME HAPPY!!!
Hmpf…………

Looks like Pigz Dik is back out from under the mossy rock and stroking his short little ego...……….sans lube.

Bless his heart.

Clue ??

Guffawing!...………...
[Linked Image]

Feel free to hang a Rosie of this caliber, with your beady little eyes in the pic, with any chambering.... then you can say, toldjaso...... grin naw, ain't happinin.... what were the "odds"..... Haha
JudLady,

The LAST thing I'd wanna do,is swipe either your Imagination or it's Pretend...you "hard charger" you. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Hint.

LAUGHING!..............
[Linked Image]

Feel free to hang a Rosie of this caliber, with your beady little eyes in the pic, with any chambering.... then you can say, toldjaso...... grin naw, ain't happinin.... what were the "odds"..... Haha

Oooopsie!

Don't "forget" that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery.

Bless your heart.

Hint.

This is the most attention you had since you wrapped those hot dogs around your neck and went to the dog show!
elkchunt,

You remain at the MERCY of your "means","abilities" and "comprehension"...along with the Toxicology Report...you "lucky" kchunt. LAUGHING!

Hint.

Laughing!...............
This is the most attention you had since you wrapped those hot dogs around your neck and went to the dog show!

Following a Pigz Dik posting masturbation frenzy will bring out spectators much like a train wreck or the Special Olympics.
Originally Posted by Yoder409

Following a Pigz Dik posting masturbation frenzy will bring out spectators much like a train wreck or the Special Olympics.

ScroderFourOhWhine,

Didn't mean to horn you up,so you could come bursting outta yet another closet,with your Wanton Man Lust Fantasies. Hint. Congratulations?!?

At least it is something you comment upon,in the first hand...you "lucky" kchunt.

Bless your heart.

Hint.

Laughing!..............
elkchunt,

Hint.

Laughing!...............

On the 250 skinner thing again. crazy

Could be worse,he could post up pics when he was in San Francisco.
[Linked Image]

Oooopsie!

Don't "forget" that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery.

Bless your heart.

Hint.

Don't let the couch getch ur cuunt.... hint

And please quit stalking me.....

ScroderFourOhWhine,

Didn't mean to horn you up,so you could come bursting outta yet another closet,with your Wanton Man Lust Fantasies. Hint. Congratulations?!?

At least it is something you comment upon,in the first hand...you "lucky" kchunt.

Bless your heart.

Hint.

Laughing!..............

Pigz Dik,

Crushed, am I, by the genius wit of an internet dirt merchant and purveyor of dumbphuckery. Don't knock the virtues of taking one's wanton man lust into the first hand...……………...your dad shoulda...…………. Ooopsie.

Go cuddle your rainbow coalition of phag rifles and have a stiff one. Maybe have a drink, whilst your at it.

Could be worse,he could post up pics when he was in San Francisco.

He HAS...……………

That's, apparently, where the paint jobs on the rifles happen...………...
ScroderFourOhWhine,

Imitation remains THE most Sincere form of flattery...but what else could you "do". Hint. Congratulations?!?

You Melting Snowflakes are a fhuqking HOOT! What do you "do" for a "living"? LAUGHING!

Hint.

LAUGHING!.............
Gonna hijack the hijacking on this thread, think I’m leaning hard toward the 358, I love the donor rifle but it isn’t a backpack rifle I’m hauling for long range. The 30-06 will cover anything I will be shooting anytime soon including elk( which is a big maybe) . I miss my little woods thumper, just seeing pics of those big round nose bullets get me all sentimental for the times I carried my old 99. For woods ranges a 225 or 250 round nose will handle deer or bear with authority. The 338-06 is tempting but for my intended purposes, meh. Did I mention I have a 6.5x284 for the longer stuff?
Gonna hijack the hijacking on this thread, think I’m leaning hard toward the 358, I love the donor rifle but it isn’t a backpack rifle I’m hauling for long range. The 30-06 will cover anything I will be shooting anytime soon including elk( which is a big maybe) . I miss my little woods thumper, just seeing pics of those big round nose bullets get me all sentimental for the times I carried my old 99. For woods ranges a 225 or 250 round nose will handle deer or bear with authority. The 338-06 is tempting but for my intended purposes, meh. Did I mention I have a 6.5x284 for the longer stuff?

Good choice.

Yes,they will!

Good choice.

Yes,they will!

X2

Post up the finished product when the time comes.
ScroderFourOhWhine,

Imitation remains THE most Sincere form of flattery...but what else could you "do". Hint. Congratulations?!?

You Melting Snowflakes are a fhuqking HOOT! What do you "do" for a "living"? LAUGHING!

Hint.

LAUGHING!.............

Go copy & paste and attempt to impress someone else with your dearth of wit.
What do you "do" for a "living"?

I'm currently semi-retired. But the state of Alaska has been courting me to come up and sow some seed, improving the gene pool...…………..
ScroderFourOhWhine,

Rest assured,the LAST thing I'd wanna do is to swipe either your Imagination or it's Pretend away...if only because it is ALL that you "have". Hint. Congratulations?!?

Imitation remains THE most Sincere form of flattery...but what else could you "do".

Hint.

LAUGHING!.............
Copy...………………..paste...…………………..copy...……………..paste...……………….copy...……………..paste...……………….copy...……………….paste...……………...
ScroderFourOhWhine,

Rest assured,the LAST thing I'd wanna do is to swipe either your Imagination or it's Pretend away...if only because it is ALL that you "have". Hint. Congratulations?!?

Imitation remains THE most Sincere form of flattery...but what else could you "do". You sure as fhuqk aren't going to get an EMERGENCY upload of IQ,ambition or Reality. Hint.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.............
ScroderFourOhWhine,

Imitation remains THE most Sincere form of flattery...but what else could you "do". You sure as fhuqk aren't going to get an EMERGENCY upload of IQ,ambition or Reality. Hint.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.............

Oh,good grief give it up.
ScroderFourOhWhine,

Hint.

LAUGHING!.............

Have a couple more lithium tablets, there, P D, and then back to your threesome with the Kleenex box and the bottle of Cornhusker's Lotion.
ScroderFourOhWhine,

Hint.

LAUGHING!.............

He can't help himself, Elk...…………. psychotic megalomania is a pitiful affliction. Pigz Dik is like the mouse with a hard on, lying on his back on an oak leaf as he floats down the river screaming "Raise the drawbridge !! Raise the drawbridge !! "
ScroderFourOhWhine,

Hint.

LAUGHING!.............
ScroderFourOhWhine,

Hint.

LAUGHING!.............

He can't help himself, Elk...…………. psychotic megalomania is a pitiful affliction. Pigz Dik is like the mouse with a hard on, lying on his back on an oak leaf as he floats down the river screaming "Raise the drawbridge !! Raise the drawbridge !! "

I am going to remember that! What a HOOT!
ScroderFourOhWhine,

Hint.

LAUGHING!.............

Now you're just trolling.
elkchunt,

What were the "odds" of Wanton Man Lust Fantasies fitting inside your pointy head,behind your crossed-eyes...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Hint.

Laughing!..............
[Linked Image]
elkchunt,

What were the "odds" of Wanton Man Lust Fantasies fitting inside your pointy head,behind your crossed-eyes...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Hint.

Laughing!..............
elkchunt,

Bless your heart.

Hint.

Laughing!..............

Pass the mouse his lithium.
Scroder,

Didja' choose the Avatar all by yourself? Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

I had often wondered if Howaby offered a Vanguard Compact in .358 Win, how long it'd take me to get to the LGS and have me one ?? A 6# , 20" package would be right handy for most jobs that needed doin, on whatever, to most reasonable distances. And backpack, back pocket capable.
elkchunt,

Bless your heart.

Hint.

Laughing!..............

Pass the mouse his lithium.

I got a stalker now and it is having fantasies.

I had often wondered if Howaby offered a Vanguard Compact in .358 Win, how long it'd take me to get to the LGS and have me one ?? A 6# , 20" package would be right handy for most jobs that needed doin, on whatever, to most reasonable distances. And backpack, back pocket capable.

It'd be a hard recoiling piece of unbalanced piece of fhuqking schit...if only for starters and an EASY pass for everyone with 13 IQ Points or more.

Hint.................
That you don't like means it is GTG.

Few things funnier,than a Retard TRYING to feign a first fhuqking clue.

Congratulations?!?..............
Whatever perv.
elkchunt,

Bless your heart.

Hint.

Laughing!..............

It'd be a hard recoiling piece of unbalanced piece of fhuqking schit...if only for starters and an EASY pass for everyone with 13 IQ Points or more.

Hint.................

It's OK, Pigz Dik.

MY momma didn't raise no puzzies. If a 6# .358 Win rustles your leaves, put the seat down and have tinkle time.
elkchunt,

Bless your heart.

Hint.

Laughing!..............

Pervert.

Like the Nuge sez……………… "I love to pizz off the azzholes. It proves I'm NOT one. "
Scroder,

Sorry to horn you up,yet again...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

It's your Imagination,simply be sure to Pretend with it as you MUST. Hint.

Your BEST,is simply fhuqking HILARIOUS!

Bless your heart.

Hint.

Laughing!................

Like the Nuge sez……………… "I love to pizz off the azzholes. It proves I'm NOT one. "

Yup!

Yup!

You Retards crack me the fhuqk up...by simply doing your BEST.

Hint.

Whatever pervert.
Hey...……………...cheap entertainment for you...………...cheaper entertainment for us...…………..

Have a couple more lithium. Back to your threesome.
You gals with plagiarized Avatars,are SERIOUS "hard chargers". Hint. Congratulations?!?

LAUGHING!..............
You gals with plagiarized Avatars,are SERIOUS "hard chargers". Hint. Congratulations?!?

LAUGHING!..............

OUCH! That rapier like wit again.
elkchunt,

Hint.

Laughing!...............

Can't go wrong with the 358

Can't go wrong with the 358

Only if you have ZERO fhuqking clue what right is.

Hint.....................
elkchunt,

Hint.

Laughing!...............

OW! That wit slayed me!
elkchunt,

Hint.

Laughing!...............
Whatever Pervert.
And when I scope it there won’t be any big spinny turret knobs on the glass , oh Lord save me!
What scope are you thinking of using?
And when I scope it there won’t be any big spinny turret knobs on the glass , oh Lord save me!

bitchell,

You couldn't afford anything that will actually work,or know the difference. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Laughing!..............

You couldn't afford anything that will actually work.............

Unless you pimp Momma out in the Eskimo village...…………..
ScroderFourOhWhine,

Hint.

LAUGHING!.............
Pigz Dik,

Even when someone IS funny or even making pertinent observations, they start to look pretty bad if they repeat themselves, ad nauseum.

Come up with a new line or two, azz. You had been mildly entertaining.........…. I'm getting bored with the one trick pony.
Copy...………………………………...paste...……………………….copy...……………………...paste...……………………..copy...………………………..paste...………………………..
ScroderFourOhWhine,

Hint.

LAUGHING!.............

Has a leupold vx2 on it right now, works for the ranges the gun is intended to be used at. No reason to change as far as I can see.

Has a leupold vx2 on it right now, works for the ranges the gun is intended to be used at. No reason to change as far as I can see.

bitchell,

Bless your heart for TRYING!

Hint.

Laughing!..............
What your suggestion be for the intended range and purposes?
What your suggestion be for the intended range and purposes?

bitchell,

You haven't the means,to connect the first fhuqking dot.

Hint.

Laughing!..............
Humor me, if I wasn’t as broke as you assume I am what scope would you suggest I procure for the rifle and it’s intended purpose?
bitchell,

Dangle a pic of the Goat Fhuqk and wax eloquent upon the particulars...if only to add more humor,obliviously.

Hint.

Laughing!.............
No recommendations then.

Read a little( admittedly very little ) of the thread in the custom rifle sub forum. Interesting to see the progression in your posts, quite a change over the span of years. It would serve you well to go back over it and think on it, what’s different and why. Hope this gets through to you. Not here to banter back and forth, serves no purpose whatsoever.

MM
bitchell,

I remember when folks actually shot and the STUPID Fhuqks like you,were few. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You Melting Snowflakes and your sense of entitlement,are fhuqking HILARIOUS. Hint.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!...............
bitchell,

I remember when folks actually shot and the STUPID Fhuqks like you,were few. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You Melting Snowflakes and your sense of entitlement,are fhuqking HILARIOUS. Hint.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!...............

Yeah we all know you invented shooting...off at the mouth.

You're the biggest joke on here.
elkchunt,

Hint.

LAUGHING!.............
Same old stupid post.
elkchunt,

Hint.

LAUGHING!.............
Found you a toy that is right up your alley.
[Linked Image]
elkchunt,

Like YOU could "afford" that! Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart for DREAMING,if only because it's "all" that you "have".

Hint.

Laughing!............
Obviously I can.

What's wrong jealous that I can afford something like that and you can't?

And I can afford Nosler Partitions,Swift A-Frames and just about any other bullet on the market?
Obviously I can.

And I can afford Nosler Partitions,Swift A-Frames and just about any other bullet on the market?

Few things funnier than an Opiate Slur,to "justify" GoogleFu'd Plagiarism.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.............
Obviously I can.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.............

So,now I am a drug abuser,correct?

And prove I "googleFu'd Plagiarism" the picture or anything else here?

Hint.

LAUGHING!.............
Again,prove it.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.............
Posted By: 65BR Re: 338-06 or 358 win or neither? - 02/19/19
[Linked Image]

Curious about the rifle...Maple stock? Specs? Load? Nice harvest there.
Win 88, 22" shilen, contoured by the " smith", grin, 358 win lewis county Wa maple stock harvested by yours truly, was running winchester factory 200 silver tips....
Copy..........paste........copy........ paste........copy......... paste.........

Yawwwwwn.............
Whole lotta imagination and pretend crushed in one fell swoop there..... Haha
Win 88, 22" shilen, contoured by the " smith", grin, 358 win lewis county Wa maple stock harvested by yours truly, was running winchester factory 200 silver tips....

Nice shootin' iron !!!
Copy..........paste........copy........ paste........copy......... paste.........

Yawwwwwn.............

Yup.

Without doubt.

Hint.

You Lap Dogs are a fhuqking hoot!

It'll only come as a "surprise" to you Amazingly STUPID Fhuqks,that only YOU,can keep you...from saying something fhuqking STUPID. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Here's to the perpetual HILARITY,of that not being possible. Hint.

I VERY much enjoy,how "real" your Imagination and Pretend are to you!

Bless your hearts for trying though.

Hint.

LAUGHING!

OOOOSPSIE!.................

[Linked Image]
Factory Silvertips............ Another casualty of "progress"......... Arguably one of the best medium game bullets ever.
Factory Silvertips............ Another casualty of "progress"......... Arguably one of the best medium game bullets ever.

Oh my.

LAUGHING!.............

Oh my.

LAUGHING!.............

What is your experience with Silvertips?
Barely shot 10,000 or so.

Hint..............

Without doubt.

Hint.

You Lap Dogs are a fhuqking hoot!

It'll only come as a "surprise" to you Amazingly STUPID Fhuqks,that only YOU,can keep you...from saying something fhuqking STUPID. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Here's to the perpetual HILARITY,of that not being possible. Hint.

I VERY much enjoy,how "real" your Imagination and Pretend are to you!

Bless your hearts for trying though.

Hint.

LAUGHING!

OOOOSPSIE!.................

[Linked Image]

Ooooopsie!!!! Haha

[Linked Image]

Hint..............

Apparently, not only remedial at wit, but a slow a learner as well.........

Agreed, if a guy "hunts" they worked great. Shot\saw several bulls get punished by em.....
Though in fairness, I maybe shot 100 of em..... Grin
For decades 3 of us used the 180's in .308 Win for whitetails. I honestly never saw a deer take a step after being hit til I "progressed" to a .300 Win Mag. Just, pure lightning on deer
Same experience I had... And we didn't shoot 10,000 of em.... Grin

Hint..............

Apparently, not only remedial at wit, but a slow a learner as well.........

Shot a like number of Bronze Points too.

Simply pardon my shooting it all and then some.

Hint..............

Hint..............

Yeah,sure you did.
elkchunt,

Folks who SUFFER your version of "means","abilities" and "experience" are easily stumped with simplistic facts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Hint.

Laughing!.............
Posted By: 65BR Re: 338-06 or 358 win or neither? - 02/19/19

Unique kill stick - if you have any pics posted, let me know if you have a link. Thanks.

Modest speeds with large mass still works like it did in the days of the Buffalo smile

Hint..............

Yeah,sure you did.

Yeeeeeaaaaahhhhh............

Just HOW would one go about shooting 10000 Silvertips ?? They sure as [bleep] aren't for punching paper or ringing steel. And a guy couldn't give away 10000 pairs of backstraps in two lifetimes, even if there were a legal way to harvest that many.

So..........either our beloved purveyor of forums dumphukery and a right fine dirt merchant, as well was Winchester's test fire man decades ago, OR er ist voller scheizen.
It don't pass the smell test.
If I counted the 210 Noslers I've used, currently have loaded on the shelf, or waiting to be loaded, the number would be in the several thousands, and I'm not a big time shooter
Holy Crap you guys live off him

[Linked Image]
If I counted all the Partitions I have loaded,shot or waiting to be loaded,it would be 2500 or so. And I have been using them since the late 80's.
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
Holy Crap you guys live off him

[Linked Image]

He's cheap entertainment when it's too cold to go outside and watch the grass grow.

PS. The "Stick" arrow should be pointing UNDER the buff..........
It is fun watching the little person squirm.
© 24hourcampfire