Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I have to find another credit card. I have been with Cabela’s longer than I can remember but no more. Capitol One has lost 2 payments in 4 months and are not taking interest and penaty off this time. Cabelas never lost one of my payments. Anyway, would appreciate some input. I have American Express but want a Visa card as well.

Thanks.

Jim

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Pay the bill online?

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by WL205
Pay the bill online?

He doesn’t have a computer.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Pay Via phone.....

Get a low rate one from your bank or credit union

Make double or triple payments.

Grab a gun and buds

I waiting on PSA for another run of their PSAK 47 GF3 with a preloaded order in the cart of 1 black , 1 green syn stock and 1 blonde wood.

Notify option when available

Buy 1 fast!!!

Dump 2 off cart , buy one.

1st run of em sold out in 2hrs back in mid december.

They have refined each generation based on customers input and AKOU 47 74,s 5000 rd torture test.
Best built mass production 100% american AK and for 559 or 599 you cant go wrong.
Free shipping to midsouth shooters supply here in clarksville
15 for the FFL and 10 for background check.
More expensive model options also.

Sometimes having a credit card on standby is a great option.

Last edited by renegade50; 02/17/19.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Pay the bill online?

I see...well that's too bad. When this whole online bill pay stuff came about, I was skeptical and just kept sending in a check with the paper statement. But yet I would continue to buy goods online with cc all the time. So now I pay the bill online and don't have to worry about that little envelope being misplaced on its 'cross country journey.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
The point is that in all the 15 years or so I had Cabela.s cards I never had a lost payment. I have had twice in the 4 months since Capital One took over. The first time it was found at their Nebraska office. This time it has not shown up. I do online banking with Billpay. Out of the thousands of Checks I have sent with Billpay only two have been lost. Both of these to Capital One. I won’t change the way I bank but I will change the credit card company that is having so much trouble with my payments.

Thanks.

Jim

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
I'm considering a Costco card. I got an email from them the other day and you get 4% cash back on gas purchases and since they average $.20 per gallon cheaper than any where else, that is where I fill up.

It's a racket for sure but wth.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Amazon Visa run by Chase bank. You get 1% and 2% back on purchases. 3% on purchases at Amazon. Redeem your points on Amazon when you purchase something. Got a 'free' $45 water hose last summer. Was skeptical about getting it at first but no problems so far. And you get $50 to spend on Amazon when approved.

We pray our sights be straight
and our aim be true
We pray for no pain
to the game we pursue
We thank you Lord
for this land
We thank you for the sights
from our stands
We pray for safety, one and all
We pray we may return next fall
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by texasbatman
The point is that in all the 15 years or so I had Cabela.s cards I never had a lost payment. I have had twice in the 4 months since Capital One took over. The first time it was found at their Nebraska office. This time it has not shown up. I do online banking with Billpay. Out of the thousands of Checks I have sent with Billpay only two have been lost. Both of these to Capital One. I won’t change the way I bank but I will change the credit card company that is having so much trouble with my payments.

Thanks.

Jim

Pay by phone
Speak to a human
Get a confirmation # for the payment transaction.

Takes about 3- 5 minutes

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Pay the bill online?

I pay it with my phone.
Everything gets done with my phone.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't think it is the best deal, but I use Chase Amazon Visa. I use it for my bills and cycle just about all of my expenses through it. So it is nice to see expenses on one sheet of paper. I get back at least 1%, and more on other stuff, so I get a reasonable payback. There is no annual fee. I use the payback point to buy treats for my daughter in college, and small stuff like free knives and flashlights. Amazon and Chase never gave me any hassles. I never paid a dime in interest in 15 years.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by renegade50

Thanks.

Jim

Pay by phone
Speak to a human
Get a name
Get a confirmation # for the payment transaction.

Takes about 3- 5 minutes

Schit fugged up with the payment later
Call a supervisor and drop a manhole cover on the person who processed it intially.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
go to nerdwallet.com which is a site that helps you compare cards to suit your needs and circumstances.

You still mail checks? Why not just pay by electronic funds transfer? It's instant, secure, and hassle free.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I see from your avatar you're a Navy vet. First, thank you for your service. Second, Navy Federal Credit Union was the most highly rated card for a number of years - I haven't checked lately, but I'm sure they're in the running. With good credit, the APR is 8.24% or you can choose cash back or a hybrid of the two. Hope this helps.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I have to find another credit card. I have been with Cabela’s longer than I can remember but no more. Capitol One has lost 2 payments in 4 months and are not taking interest and penaty off this time. Cabelas never lost one of my payments. Anyway, would appreciate some input. I have American Express but want a Visa card as well.

Thanks.

Jim

Send Capitol One some of your dog's finest along with your payment, next payment cycle.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Kyhilljack
Amazon Visa run by Chase bank. You get 1% and 2% back on purchases. 3% on purchases at Amazon. Redeem your points on Amazon when you purchase something. Got a 'free' $45 water hose last summer. Was skeptical about getting it at first but no problems so far. And you get $50 to spend on Amazon when approved.

Does that also give Amazon the right to read all your emails and texts and listen in on your phone conversations?

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Citi Double Cash gives you 2% cash back, across the board. None of that 1% here, 2% there, or 3% sometimes BS.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Citi double cash is what I use

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The best card is none.

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
The best card is none.

Or the ones that never have a balance.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (10gaugeman, 02bfishn, 160user, 1234, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 55 invisible), 2,474 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,429
Posts18,470,760
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.